By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Battlefield 3 losing Preorders??

Well deserved imo.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

A bunch of people that got hyped into pre-ordering it lmfao.
This is actually EAs fault for comparing it so much to COD. It's a much different game. The broken beta didn't help at all.

The beta is offputting, the map is terrible. I still have hope for the franchise though and will keep my preorder for it for the time being, even if it turns out to be a piece of crap I can just resell it, but the nostalgia wants me to keep the preorder for the incentives at least - Gulf Of Oman etc.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

zarx said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i bet they'll never put out a crappy beta again!

Yup now they will just treat them as demos like everyone else. The console beta should never of happened same with the open beta for PC. I get the feeling that Dice are stuck in the old school mindset of treating betas as a stress test for servers and gameplay balance without worrying about polish. EA wanted to show off but the game just wasn't ready for public consumption.

The whole game has been screwed up to clash with COD, it's been over sold and rushed, hopefully Dice can scrape a solid game together in time for launch. Not that I will be buying it any time soon...

this

Good riddance don't need cod idiots running around in my game. Dice already stated beta is old code from like two months ago and most bugs were fixed already.

but nooooo 3 month old code = full retail game.

Some people actually want a patch for the beta, Dice should be putting all their resources polishing up the game not patching a beta for all the assholes who got to play this game for free for 2 weeks.

All EA's fault, there shouldn't have even been a beta, I think the real purpose of the beta was to stress test servers and netcode.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Around the Network
Chroniczaaa said:

Good riddance don't need cod idiots running around in my game. Dice already stated beta is old code from like two months ago and most bugs were fixed already.

but nooooo 3 month old code = full retail game.

Some people actually want a patch for the beta, Dice should be putting all their resources polishing up the game not patching a beta for all the assholes who got to play this game for free for 2 weeks.

All EA's fault, there shouldn't have even been a beta, I think the real purpose of the beta was to stress test servers and netcode.

Well that's what Dice wanted the beta for, EA on the other hand...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I cancelled mine; what a lousy beta.

well to be honest the the disappointing graphics did not make me cancel my pre order. It was the disappointing gameplay. Again like i said in another thread- I wanted more of Battlefield Bad company 2 field but instead we are just getting medal of honor 2. And my biggest complain is the health. The health in BC2 was just absolutely perfect. Such little health doesnt work well in such slow paced games like Battlefield 3. If i really wanted such little health i would have just bought cod where I can basically dive in the air and avoid getting killed. In battlefield 3 i just have to stand there and take it. Maybe I just had too much expectations. Oh well gonna just wait for Bad Company 3

Regardless if this tweet was fake or not... its probably true to a large extant.

The beta is not a demo, but it is still reflective of the game. There are issues that simply should not exist right now and the Rush map was a horrible choice for the Beta. It should have been a small conquest map with some vehicles.

It shouldn't have all the glitches with people falling underground or being zombified.

There should only be minor movement stuff or network related items that couldn't be tested until millions of users are on the networks. That would be understandable.

I am probably keeping my pre-order as I just like BF style better than CoD and I know the Beta wont' be what's delivered. But, there are millions who won't see that difference and cancel or simply not purchase at all.

They better advertise the hell out of it, give away copies to get word of mouth, patch biggest issues BEFORE launch in beta, put out real demo BEFORE launch, etc.

This beta has put out a lot of bad press for the game.

I would have cancelled had I pre-ordered it too. Everything about the beta sucked.