By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Gas prices in your area?

Once hybrid cars become more mainstream will gas prices go down?

Yes 4 5.41%

NO 26 35.14%

why would they? 14 18.92%

Maybe 4 5.41%

Once the demand for it is gone...yes 6 8.11%

China and other developin... 12 16.22%

other 0 0%

see resultz 8 10.81%

Total:74

Hmm I noticed that some calculations are off (compare Kantor to lololol) Both pounds Kantor pays 1.35 and lololol 1.40 one says he pays 9.45 the other one says 7. Something isnt right so here a table for the correct units:

1 US gallon = 3.78 Liter
1 Pound = 1.53 Dollar
1 Euro = 1.35 Dollar

(Dollar became stronger lately it seems)

Around the Network
Netyaroze said:
Hmm I noticed that some calculations are off (compare Kantor to lololol) Both pounds Kantor pays 1.35 and lololol 1.40 one says he pays 9.45 the other one says 7. Something isnt right so here a table for the correct units:

1 US gallon = 3.78 Liter
1 Pound = 1.53 Dollar
1 Euro = 1.35 Dollar

(Dollar became stronger lately it seems)

i would rather say euro became weaker because greece and some other southern european countries fucked up their finances and greece will maybe go broke

spurgeonryan said:
Supposedly according to an article I just read in an actual newspaper gas taxes in Chicago are the highest in the nation. And that was back in 2006! Here is something else thought with the taxes.
A quarter of gas stations in illinois are skimming money from taxes being made from the sale of gas! in the last 18 months alone a grand jury has indicted 14 gas station owners on doing this!!! Wow!

I guess gas prices have gone up again in my area since our 3.45 the other day . It is now about 3.63!

http://www.illinoisgasprices.com/GasPriceSearch.aspx

I swear next thing you know there gonna charge us to breathe too >_<

@crissindahouse

" would rather say euro became weaker because greece and some other southern european countries fucked up their finances and greece will maybe go broke"

Potato potato..... Doesnt work over the Internet somehow...

Doesnt matter the end result is the same (besides pound suffered equally)

Mine went down to $3.15 today.

Around the Network

$3.95

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Los Angeles area $4.23 a gallon last time I filled up. I will check Beverly Hills tomorrow.

I don't quite understand something that you pump from the ground and do a little refining too cost so much. You just pump it out of the ground.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

@Zapoykins

Seriously you dont understand why the prices are so high or was that unnoticable sarcasm? Taxes aside in our economy everything is priced after demand and supply. If the demand for a limited ressource rises the price rises.

About $4. Nothing outstanding.

Love and tolerate.

spurgeonryan said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
spurgeonryan said:
Supposedly according to an article I just read in an actual newspaper gas taxes in Chicago are the highest in the nation. And that was back in 2006! Here is something else thought with the taxes.
A quarter of gas stations in illinois are skimming money from taxes being made from the sale of gas! in the last 18 months alone a grand jury has indicted 14 gas station owners on doing this!!! Wow!

I guess gas prices have gone up again in my area since our 3.45 the other day . It is now about 3.63!

http://www.illinoisgasprices.com/GasPriceSearch.aspx

I swear next thing you know there gonna charge us to breathe too >_<

Breathing makes carbon monoxide I believe. So maybe the EPA will start charging us an environmental tax on that! They already ask us not to throw milk down the drain because it has oil in it!

seriously i live in europe and i hate to pay so much for gas but there's just a good reason to have such high taxes. just look at what cars we europeans drive and what you americans drive. we have like 6-7 liter per 100km and your cars like 15-20.

the industrial advancement in this sewctor was huge over the last years and that's just fine for our generation and much better for the generations after us. if you would have the same cars, would have the same high standard for industrial systems and wherever else the world would be much better.

we europeans destroy the world still to much for the fw people who live here but we do something to help the generations who come after us.