By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Gas prices in your area?

Once hybrid cars become more mainstream will gas prices go down?

Yes 4 5.41%

NO 26 35.14%

why would they? 14 18.92%

Maybe 4 5.41%

Once the demand for it is gone...yes 6 8.11%

China and other developin... 12 16.22%

other 0 0%

see resultz 8 10.81%

Total:74

@spurgeonryan

If I end up paying 200 I pay 200 its not like I have a choice. And since I pay with plastic I always have enough money with me.

Yes they have Trucks in Europe but not as many as in the US. In greece they have a lot of them though. But not as huge as in the US since they drive japanese brands. But we have our gas guzzler with huge tanks too. Mostly Sportscars and SUVs and S class 7 series BMW and so on.

The car of my mother uses sometimes over 20 liter/60miles and one fill (90liter) is about 150 Euro=220 Dollar

Around the Network

In my town the cheapest price is £1.33.9 per Litre or $9.41.5 P/ Gallon :( ... that is 120% tax on petrol for you

crissindahouse said:
Marks said:
$1.25-1.30 per litre for 87 octane

Like $1.50/litre for 91 octane (premium)

I was in St. Petersburg, Russia in June and it was about $1.00 per litre for 98 octane. Way cheaper than Canada.

87 and 91 octane? never heard about that haha :)  thought 95 is minimum and then i saw on wiki, that it's calculated different in america or europe. so the 98 from europe (which is pretty standard) is maybe the same like the 91 in america.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating#Measurement_methods

Yeah we have shit gas in Canada. Basic cars are fine on 87 but if you drive a nice car like a BMW you have to use 91. Some gas stations offer 94 octane as well but not all of them. 

Lol yeah in Russia I think 93 was the minimum. It was like 93/95/97 or something like that 

1.55 €/l => 5.87 €/gallon => 7.92 $/gallon

crazy taxing X_X

spurgeonryan said:
Cougarman said:
i am currently in saudia arabia, gas is almost cheaper than tap water

I believe it! I wonder why? Lol!

AS for you guys in Europe!!! Cheesuz! Almost 7 bucks, that is crazy. Time for some environmental cars for yous guuys

But its kind of anoying seen as America is the biggest user of it

Around the Network

its £1.39 a liter here in the midlands UK

I have a 1.4 corsa its about £68 till fill the tank

which is about $105 till fill it, lasts about 3 weeks

whats ever prices you get it in the US its still cheap compare to the rest of the world

Here in Finland it's sbout 1.60€ per litre which converts to about 6€ per gallon (~$8.10). It sucks. =(

spurgeonryan said:
snakenobi said:

71 Rs per liter Mumbai - $1.4

268 Rs per gallon - $5.43

this is for basic,more for premium

What do "R's" stand for?

indian rupee

At my local petrol station near my halls of residence in London, unleaded was £1.43 a litre. That works out at $7.18 per gallon. The thing is thought that it is quite cheap here compared to where I come from (Winchester), where I've seen unleaded go to highs of £1.61 in the spring.

Over here we have average european prices of about 1.60 € per liter (=8.20 $ per gallon)

Unlike most people however, I don't think that gasoline taxes should be lower over here; instead, I believe that americans should finally pay proper gasoline taxes.
From what we know today, the earth's oil resources will be empty in a few decades at the most. And while "few decades" may still sound like a lot of time, the ever-increasing disparity between supply and demand will much earlier lead to gasoline prices that are truly ridiculous.

Many people claim that the height of gasoline taxes have no effect on the actual gasoline consumption because people have to drive anyway. But that's not true. In Europe the high gasoline taxes have led most customers to look for low gasoline comsumption cars, hardly anyone would drive an SUV over here, and car producers react by spending huge amounts on research to lower consumption.
Furthermore, people DO adjust their driving behaviour to high gasoline prices.

The cheaper gasoline is today, the more expensive it will be tomorrow.