By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC's Mafia Round 33 Uncharted Mayhem

Wonktonodi said:
not being able to sleep I've partially decided on role claims.
There will be consequences. It will be from a few possibilities: loss of a night action, loss of a passive ability, loss of a vote and possible a few others yet to be determined. Whatever the total final list of possibilities consequences are I will post it. I will have a random order generated that I will keep to myself. If when someone claims they are on something that wouldn't apply I bump them up to next item on the list that would. I will give more detailed explanations on what the consequences are as well as when the player would be informed soon.

Damn ...

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

not meaning to brag, but my character definitely has a nice ass

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

hatmoza said:
Wonktonodi said:
not being able to sleep I've partially decided on role claims.
There will be consequences. It will be from a few possibilities: loss of a night action, loss of a passive ability, loss of a vote and possible a few others yet to be determined. Whatever the total final list of possibilities consequences are I will post it. I will have a random order generated that I will keep to myself. If when someone claims they are on something that wouldn't apply I bump them up to next item on the list that would. I will give more detailed explanations on what the consequences are as well as when the player would be informed soon.

Damn ...

maybe I'm evil but something about you saying damn to that just makes me smile >:)

I don't know what people have against roleclaims, they're a part of the startegy of the game [sigh].

What I gather from this and from Wonk's rules is that a 3 people Mafia is very likely and we may have a power heavy game (there's no point in penalizing roleclaims in a cop-doc-scum setup).

Signature goes here!

So I have decided on the consequences for roleclaims.
It will just be one of the 3 I listed before. Loss of an active ability, loss of passive ability, or loss of vote.
Loss of an active ability would mean in the next night any action would become no action.
Loss of passive ability would mean the ability is gone for a day or night.
Loss of Vote means although I will show your vote it won't actually count and that would be for the remainder of the day the claim took place on.

I will only inform the played what it was once it has passes.

Around the Network

and those only apply for claiming your actual role or enough of it. Fake claims have no mod consequences.

TruckOSaurus said:
I don't know what people have against roleclaims, they're a part of the startegy of the game [sigh].

I dont have anything against role claiming.....i pretty much role claimed in every single mafia game i played.

I just think a penalty for using it is a good idea and it will make the game more fun imo

And i though "Wonk" meant role calming your real role back then (glad too see he cleared this part)

Note that the penalty will take effect when you role claim, but it wont actually be announced by the mod. 

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Got my role, and ready to play.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

hatmoza said:
So how many off you have a nice ass?

Hey, i'm up here....

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Red Kantor standing by.

Vote: Words of Wisdom.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective