By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which fanbase will act the craziest...

hatmoza said:
outlawauron said:
Final Fantasy easy. The most divided and confused fanbase will continue to be stupid with each new entry being regarded as the worst in the series.

Just FFXIII because it was bad. Well, 12 wasn't that enjoyable to me either, but still it did everything better than XIII. See I'm sure you can find people who can hate any FF on any given day, but XIII is where the "fans" where most vocal, because no matter how you try to spin it as hating for the sake of hating, it is genuine hatred and disappointment for the game. It really was garbage to many. So in a gist, you're wrong. It didn't get so "divided" until that disgrace XIII was released.

OP: I think we'll see both Sony and Nintendo fanbase complain.

Just marking out my support ot this...

Around the Network

Um..can't decide between zelda and uncharted fans

hatmoza said:
outlawauron said:
Final Fantasy easy. The most divided and confused fanbase will continue to be stupid with each new entry being regarded as the worst in the series.

Just FFXIII because it was bad. Well, 12 wasn't that enjoyable to me either, but still it did everything better than XIII. See I'm sure you can find people who can hate any FF on any given day, but XIII is where the "fans" where most vocal, because no matter how you try to spin it as hating for the sake of hating, it is genuine hatred and disappointment for the game. It really was garbage to many. So in a gist, you're wrong. It didn't get so "divided" until that disgrace XIII was released.

I think you are incorrect, what you described happened with Final Fantasy XII. In fact I think the hate of XIII is tame compared to the hate XII got.  

Acevil said:
hatmoza said:
outlawauron said:

I think you are incorrect, what you described happened with Final Fantasy XII. In fact I think the hate of XIII is tame compared to the hate XII got.  

hmmm, you could be right that XII got same or more hate the XIII. Heck, I even admitted to not liking XII myself me thinks. I wasn't a forum poster in the PS2 days so I can't judge. I just see a lot of justifiable hate for XIII

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I'm just putting it out there. I haven't been satisfied with a new Final Fantasy since 2001. A goddam decade.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
Acevil said:
hatmoza said:
outlawauron said:

hmmm, you could be right that XII got same or more hate the XIII. Heck, I even admitted to not liking XII myself me thinks. I wasn't a forum poster in the PS2 days so I can't judge. I just see a lot of justifiable hate for XIII

I think the problem why it seems final fantasy 13 is worse, is due to the fact that fanboyism became a huge product of this generation. It was one of the few titles that ps3 fans hyped originally and it grew bigger hype with the 360 announcement. The hype itself caused the product to be so high, Final Fantasy XII didn't have this level of hype for the game. So when it blew up, it came pretty hard.

I have to go with Zelda on this one. I can see that one happening easily.

Also i'm starting to think that Final Fantasys problem isn't Final Fantasy itself but the fans. I would have loved to see the internet talk back when 7-9 were released. I love Final Fantasy but my god the fans are just.... wow >.>

Bitch, moan, rant...then they buy the next game. Bitch, moan, rant....then they buy the next game. Bitch, moan, rant, then they buy the next game.

Anyone seeing a trend here?

Wagram said:

I have to go with Zelda on this one. I can see that one happening easily.

Also i'm starting to think that Final Fantasys problem isn't Final Fantasy itself but the fans. I would have loved to see the internet talk back when 7-9 were released. I love Final Fantasy but my god the fans are just.... wow >.>

Bitch, moan, rant...then they buy the next game. Bitch, moan, rant....then they buy the next game. Bitch, moan, rant, then they buy the next game.

Anyone seeing a trend here?

Actually I see the franchise effects getting to fans, the number of Japanese fans have started to decline already. Just a matter of time, before it starts going into a total decline. Infact Final Fantasy XIII is way behind Final Fantasy X. I think the trend will only continue from now on if the issue of quality presists.  (while quality decline in this sense is objective, it can be an issue, when the general consumer views the quality to be down)

Acevil said:
hatmoza said:
Acevil said:
hatmoza said:
outlawauron said:

I think the problem why it seems final fantasy 13 is worse, is due to the fact that fanboyism became a huge product of this generation. It was one of the few titles that ps3 fans hyped originally and it grew bigger hype with the 360 announcement. The hype itself caused the product to be so high, Final Fantasy XII didn't have this level of hype for the game. So when it blew up, it came pretty hard.

No, fanboyism's been around since the snes and sega Genesis days. Don't pin this on PS3 fans and Square Enix's decision to make XIII multiplat. While those people do exist, one quick glance at any forum will show the majority of complaints are game-related. When you see arguments about FF XIII it's usually about mechanics, story, linearity, ya know - the stuff that make a game a game.

I do agree however that the hype was pretty up there, and that it did play a role in the backlash. However I honestly think that it was mainly because FFXIII was just that bad.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
Acevil said:
hatmoza said:
Acevil said:
hatmoza said:
outlawauron said:

No, fanboyism's been around since the snes and sega Genesis days. Don't pin this on PS3 fans and Square Enix's decision to make XIII multiplat. While those people do exist, one quick glance at any forum will show the majority of complaints are game-related. When you see arguments about FF XIII it's usually about mechanics, story, linearity, ya know - the stuff that make a game a game.

I do agree however that the hype was pretty up there, and that it did play a role in the backlash. However I honestly think that it was mainly because FFXIII was just that bad.

No, I know fanboyism being around for awhile, but I think it was something that really had a huge effect this generation compared to last generation or the generation before that (atleast earlier in the generation, now it feels tame in camparison). As in things announced early on were hyped to death. I should have said early adaptor fanboyism to be completely clear. 

Further Add: Now we are moving away from the topic, so I think we should stop talking about this matter, unless you want to continue on the wall. Given I think pretty much it is an opinion of the surroundings, and the sites that I have been on for the sixth and seventh generation (gametrailers).