By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which fanbase will act the craziest...

lestatdark said:
Btw, I played FFX-2 thrice (all times 100%) and there are a lot of things that I enjoy from it, such as the battle system, the dress sphere system and the Last Mission mode (I bought a JP copy just for that mode). However, when you get the gem of a story that was FFX and then you put FFX-2 at it's side, you get the feeling that something was lost along the way.

If they had focused on Yuna alone instead of the whole YRP thing, I believe that FFX-2 would have been much better.

Oh, and I can't forgive them for ruining Blitzball!

Yeah, Blitz was not nearly as good.

Also, 100%x3? Dude, with or without guides? The game had such a screwed up completion metric that I never managed 100%. I didn't feel that anything was lost, by the way. Also, last mission mode? What's that? (looks at PAL copy)

Around the Network
Xen said:
lestatdark said:
Btw, I played FFX-2 thrice (all times 100%) and there are a lot of things that I enjoy from it, such as the battle system, the dress sphere system and the Last Mission mode (I bought a JP copy just for that mode). However, when you get the gem of a story that was FFX and then you put FFX-2 at it's side, you get the feeling that something was lost along the way.

If they had focused on Yuna alone instead of the whole YRP thing, I believe that FFX-2 would have been much better.

Also, 100%x3? Dude, with or without guides? The game had such a screwed up completion metric that I never managed 100%. I didn't feel that anything was lost, by the way. Also, last mission mode? What's that? (looks at PAL copy)

I only used a guide for the first playthrough, though most of the times it wasn't needed. Only real cases of needing a walkthrough was for marriage/publicity sidequests and memorizing the chapter-exclusive events.

Last Mission was the "international" version released only in Japan. It added two extra dress spheres and an entire new sidequest located in Yadonoki Tower, where you had to capture monsters, bosses and even characters from FFX (like Auron, Tidus and Seymour) in a Monster Arena look-alike. You would then unlock an extra boss which was much more powerful than Trema and Paragorn combined.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Xen said:
lestatdark said:

I only used a guide for the first playthrough, though most of the times it wasn't needed. Only real cases of needing a walkthrough was for marriage/publicity sidequests and memorizing the chapter-exclusive events.

Last Mission was the "international" version released only in Japan. It added two extra dress spheres and an entire new sidequest located in Yadonoki Tower, where you had to capture monsters, bosses and even characters from FFX (like Auron, Tidus and Seymour) in a Monster Arena look-alike. You would then unlock an extra boss which was much more powerful than Trema and Paragorn combined.

Awsnap, I think I added an import to my list ;)

Man, I have so many new games that need completion! I don't know how soon I'll be getting back to the past... but I gotta say... how do the hell do you manage that stuff? How long did it take you? I'm just amazed at such tanacity in RPG's - I just don't bother dedicating the time/effort and I HATE HATE HATE using guides. They ruin the flow.

Xen said:
lestatdark said:
Xen said:
lestatdark said:

Awsnap, I think I added an import to my list ;)

Man, I have so many new games that need completion! I don't know how soon I'll be getting back to the past... but I gotta say... how do the hell do you manage that stuff? How long did it take you? I'm just amazed at such tanacity in RPG's - I just don't bother dedicating the time/effort and I HATE HATE HATE using guides. They ruin the flow.

Nowadays I just don't have the time to have the same game time I used to have, but before I used to game a lot. I believe my first playthrough was around the 80 hour mark, the second was much faster and the third (which was the Last Mission playthrough) was around 120 or so.

Don't get me started on my four FFXII, 110+ hours playthrough or my FFX 300+ hours save xD

Sometimes I look back and think I dedicated way too much time into gaming. Thankfully the people close to me understand my passion for it and let me be (my GF is also an avid gamer as well), otherwise I might have missed out on a lot.

Anyway, I think we're both derailing the thread It's best if we continue this convo on the walls.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

#2 by a huge amount.

Around the Network

I think a better question would be:
Which one would act the craziest...

- If Zelda has a higher Metascore than Uncharted.
- If Uncharted has a higher Metascore than Zelda.

In that case, it would be #1, remember when SMG2 got a 10 from IGN?

d21lewis said:
Well, there's no way Zelda will score an 8 (9.3 and above, baby!). So, Uncharted fans by default.

Damn straight bro!

If you had asked me during the N64 generation I would have said Nintendo fanboys would be the craziest. However I think with GCN/Wii Nintendo fans have gotten used to negative reviews and for the most part shrug them off. Sony fanboys on the other hand have gotten used to high scores.

Also I think a lot of Nintendo fanboys have lost faith in Nintendo and don't hold the same reverence Nintendo fanboys held in the 90's, even the early millennium had more fanboys. Wii and DS sorta drove a lot of the fan base under ground. While Sony on the other hand hasn't done anything really damaging to their fanboy base!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

outlawauron said:
Final Fantasy easy. The most divided and confused fanbase will continue to be stupid with each new entry being regarded as the worst in the series.

Just FFXIII because it was bad. Well, 12 wasn't that enjoyable to me either, but still it did everything better than XIII. See I'm sure you can find people who can hate any FF on any given day, but XIII is where the "fans" where most vocal, because no matter how you try to spin it as hating for the sake of hating, it is genuine hatred and disappointment for the game. It really was garbage to many. So in a gist, you're wrong. It didn't get so "divided" until that disgrace XIII was released.

OP: I think we'll see both Sony and Nintendo fanbase complain.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Joelcool7 said:

If you had asked me during the N64 generation I would have said Nintendo fanboys would be the craziest. However I think with GCN/Wii Nintendo fans have gotten used to negative reviews and for the most part shrug them off. Sony fanboys on the other hand have gotten used to high scores.

Also I think a lot of Nintendo fanboys have lost faith in Nintendo and don't hold the same reverence Nintendo fanboys held in the 90's, even the early millennium had more fanboys. Wii and DS sorta drove a lot of the fan base under ground. While Sony on the other hand hasn't done anything really damaging to their fanboy base!

Not so much about Nintendo, but that Nintendo fans have been driven away from the mainstream sites. Shitstorms are all about perception, after all, and if no fanboys are actually out on the front lines, is it really a shitstorm?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.