By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - With all do Respect - User Post History disappearing during a Ban.. is Retarded.

I agree with the OP. I don't understand why a user's post history has to be removed while he's banned. If the comment that got the user banned was offensive, then they could just edit that comment for maturity (like they did with yours Xxain).

Around the Network
Xxain said:
morenoingrato said:
I knew someone would bring that thread up, it was just his point of view.
Anyway, it's hard not to realize the sad state of Nintendo forums since he left, where people like Antabus, and to a lower degree, M.U.G.E.N, can easily get away with whatever they say, baiting others, really, it is just too damn sad.
With that, I politely leave this thread.

NINTENDO forum have been shape for years. That side of the side of the site has stop caring about anything xxcept doom and gloom. Whan was the last time honest game discussioned happened over there?

...When was the last time an honest game discussion happened here?

i feel this is the only way to get my story out!

i came to this site as a troll i admitted that, i got perm banned and i admitted it was my fault for bashing the xbox_360.. then i realised bashing console's was just idiodic and stupid.. i quit hating the system and i kinda like it now i have one and a few games for it.. anyways i asked that machina guy could he please give me a 2nd chance and he agreed i was over the moon, then i was posting away on these forums and there was a thread is call of duty milked! i agreed and i said havn't microsoft started milking halo a bit to? [being a fan i was only pointing out] so why bash one game when many games do it to.. then after i said that i got perm banned and wasn't alowed on this site again, i cant believe how fragile people can be and somehow what i said was taken to offence..

i would like to also say goodbye as i will get banned again for saying this :(

Kantor said:
Rpruett said:
Banning on this website is absolutely retarded and out of line. Moderators are so easily at prey of being their own type of sensitive fanboys themselves. It actually hurts this community more then helps it.

"User was banned for : Calling Nintendo games, only games for Children!!!"

The Horror! People need to grow thicker skin and moderators need to differentiate legitimate material that doesn't belong on these forums versus people just having opinions you may or may not disagree with.

I think the fact that equal numbers of people say we are too lenient and too harsh means that we're about right.

I've yet to see the official poll in regards to that.  Again though,  it just screams of the inconsistent nature in bans on this website in general.   Quite honestly it hurts this community from growing more then it helps.

RolStoppable said:
Rpruett said:
Banning on this website is absolutely retarded and out of line. Moderators are so easily at prey of being their own type of sensitive fanboys themselves. It actually hurts this community more then helps it.

"User was banned for : Calling Nintendo games, only games for Children!!!"

The Horror! People need to grow thicker skin and moderators need to differentiate legitimate material that doesn't belong on these forums versus people just having opinions you may or may not disagree with.

An opinion is not a shield that protects you from everything. Once an opinion is 100 % verifiably false (such as your example) it can become a bannable offense, especially if the context it was used in was meant to be an insult or just general degrading of something the user in question doesn't like.

A message board is a place used to express opinions.  An opinion can be wrong, right , partially right or 1 million different areas of grey.  I read dumb opinions you have on a daily basis here,  should you be banned for having terrible opinions?    When you ban people for  having a legitimate (Not ill willed) discussion (Even if their opinion is of base in your opinion) even if it's in complete contradiction to your opinion or belief or without diving deeper, you are completely overstepping your purpose as a Moderator of an "Online Forum".

This quote from you speaks to exactly what I am talking about  :

"It's not that the current team of moderators is bad, it's just that they completely obey the outlined forum rules. These rules that have been put in place by naznatips are a couple of years old already and there are known exploits because of that. It may be time to include a clause that mods can ban based on malicious intent in addition to the listed rules, because you know how some people are. After repeated bans and warnings they learn to walk the thin red line that marks the difference between allowed and not allowed. That doesn't mean that they are any less disruptive to discussions, but just more clever about it."

Novel concept....Not getting banned on some pseudo bullshit because someone doesn't think that Nintendo or Sega are the best console manufacturers in the world.  Sounds like if you can't handle the forum rules that are put in place it's much more your problem then a legitimate one.

morenoingrato said:
Carl2291 said:
@moreno
He also banned numerous people who didn't deserve it. A lot.

The most despicable example would be Antabus, who goes to Nintendo threads only to celebrate Nintendo failing, he says it to the face and always walk away like nothing happened.

Do you realize how much of a spineless coward this makes you seem like?  Who cares if Antabus says "I LOVE NINTENDO Failing"?  Honestly?  Are you that thin-skinned that it truly bothers you that much?   It's stuff like this that absolutely baffles me at the user-base and the moderation on this site.  Some of you sound like such cry-babies about someone not liking a video game or system that you do.    It's a piece of plastic we use for entertainment,  WHO CARES.  You will never make everyone happy regardless of your product.

Grow up, people say stupid, ignorant, etc, things every single day in the real world, you don't just get to ban them and plug your ears and wish it all away. 

EGG_OF_D00m said:
i feel this is the only way to get my story out!

there was a thread is call of duty milked! i agreed and i said havn't microsoft started milking halo a bit to? [being a fan i was only pointing out] so why bash one game when many games do it to.. then after i said that i got perm banned and wasn't alowed on this site again, i cant believe how fragile people can be and somehow what i said was taken to offence..

i would like to also say goodbye as i will get banned again for saying this :(

^  This story is a great example of the screwed up moderation that has gone on this site for far too long

morenoingrato said:
Carl2291 said:
On the point of post histories being removed - bad

On the new mod team - good

On the old mod team - lololol

Could someone on this forum elaborate what was wrong with the old moderators?

The forums have started to slowly become worse after the change, and some stuff has just been plain dumb (Max-Seece conflict).

People can now get away with many stuff that was deservedly punished when the old team was working, and that is coming from someone that was moderated by most of the old mods

I got banned once for saying Nintendo is selling 50% more powerfull PS2 for 250% of price.

Old mods were Nintendo defense force just looking for a reason to ban someone who dared to not agree with their reasoning that Wii is greatest console ever and Nintendo games being pinaccle of achievment in gaming.

Also I got banned for saying Punchout will be overtracked and adjusted down after NPD comes out - guess what it was adjusted down when NPD was released :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

it doesn't really matter anymore im obviously not welcome'd on this site :/

morenoingrato said:
I knew someone would bring that thread up, it was just his point of view.
Anyway, it's hard not to realize the sad state of Nintendo forums since he left, where people like Antabus, and to a lower degree, M.U.G.E.N, can easily get away with whatever they say, baiting others, really, it is just too damn sad.
With that, I politely leave this thread.

What!!?? What's your beef with MUGEN though??? He is a great guy. Although he may come strong with his post sometimes, He is one of the level headed posters here.

As for Maxwell I agree with Carl. You can't even voice out your opinion with out the fear of being ban when heas the mod along with Dunno.  Dunno was a great guy when he was still a regular poster but when he became a mod, well he didn't do a great job. It was really hard to voiced opininon when these 2 were the mods that's why avoid going to Nintendo forums and just keep silent when I want to voiced out my opininon on Nintendo.  One of the reason I hated the site before and wanted to leave. 

OT: 

Removing the whole post history from the user when he/she got banned isn't a nice feature. It ruins a lot of thread. Like the official VIta thread. 

I totally agree.

@OP You should've made a poll

@moreno

Cry a bit more. Boo hoo. Theres 2 members you point to baiting you. Big deal. Its been much worse than that in the other forums for a long, long time. The only reason it wasn't like that when Maxwell was modding, was like I said, he hated negative Nintendo.

The theead I linked shows it perfectly.

People being sceptical of a new console with a strange controller showing footage from another console = Nintendo haters! D:

RolStoppable said:

We are talking about an example you have given and that one isn't a gray zone case, but blatant trolling. The real whining here is to object to someone getting banned for saying that all Nintendo games are only for children. This is something that has no place in a legitimate discussion and that's why it gets moderated.

You try to frame my criticism as the one of a Nintendo fanboy who got his feelings hurt, but how is it then possible that lestatdark shares exactly the same sentiment with me? In addition to this you have no problem whatsoever to side with a person that got its account permabanned previously and use it as an example of the moderation on this site being flawed.

All this gives the impression that it's you who needs to grow a thicker skin. I mean, really. You complain that someone got banned for outright trolling Nintendo.

Like anything, it depends on the context of the conversation.  Which is why going for 'intent' or anything remotely close is over-moderation and absolutely stupid in an internet based setting. The problem is, if they think that Nintendo games are for Children....that is their right.  Maybe to them, they associate childrens games with bright colors, lack of some deep meaningful story.  (A lot of people would probably fall into that category).  It's not always trolling looking for a rise or an argument, it could be an honest sentiment or belief of that person.

It's not just Nintendo fanboys who get feelings hurt (Although the Nintendo fanboys in my experience have been some of the one with the softest skins). 

I'm not siding really with anybody in this.  I do agree that the moderation atleast used to be around a few months to a year ago, pretty flawed.  Banning someone because they were 'Hardcore ripping on Sony/MS/Nintendo' !!!!!....

Are you kidding me?  These are multi-million/billion dollar enterprises who all make tons of mistakes, screw their customers over, lie, embellish, etc.   It's like people have civic pride over a piece of plastic, it's absurd.   To take that absurdity a step further, there is so much moderation relating to it that it just fans the flames of this pseudo plastic parts war.

And go ahead and try to do your typical 'Rolstoppable' double speak,  regardless it's astonishing to me that grown men/women in many cases well educated ones take so much offense or care/concern over what someone thinks about their favorite piece of plastic.  

The rules around these forums should be much more relaxed and a lot more based around the concept that you attack the 'post' not the 'poster'.   Once you dive into attacking the poster then you're not going onto the topic.