By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Has Shipped 6.2 Million Worldwide

Runa216 said:

People are stupid, I'm not a bad person for pointing it out.  a person can be smart, but people in general tend to be pretty derpy, this is a practically universally agreed upon truth.  

Brendude has a point and the way your acting is nothing short of being an egotistical, self centered person. You impose yourself over anyone else's opinion by running them over (your butthurt picture is a good demonstration of that). 

No one is disallowing you of posting your opinions, they're as much valid as anyone else's (and I agree with you about FFXIII being a bad game), but the way you're going with it is not the way to go. 

Also pointing out that people are stupid also puts you in that category, because you're handling the discussion in a pretty stupid way.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Going cross platform was totally worth it it would seem.

Marteds said:
Christhor said:
Xen said:
Christhor said:
Xen said:
Christhor said:
Xen said:
Christhor said:
This forum is filled with FFX fanboys, open your eyes people, notice the terrible story telling and the douchey characters! Such whores, only wanting flash and no substance. (And no, before any of you say something, I'm not defending FFXIII)

Doesn't look like it will outsell FFVIII, which is a shame, that abomination deserves to die. Oh well, here's to the next FF, eh?

I already won that last argument, wanna go again?

Also, FF VIII is better than XIII - and better than most other FF's and games, to boot.

You won that arguement? Lolwut, all you did was say "At least FFXIII did it worse! So I'm allowed to like my cruddy game". Man, kids these days...

If you wanna go again, just tell me ;)

@bren: FFX > FFVI > FFVIII for me. Everything else is great and changes places on occasion - only FF XIII drudges far far behind. But yeah, the ending in FFX really seals the deal there.

lol, so arrogant, didn't mature at all during the last year, eh? I guess that's just what this place does to you. As long as you don't try to twist my words this time then go right ahead.

This reminds me, I actually linked a friend to that other discussion, he asked me why I posted a video oh a hentai game in the middle of it. It took me quite a while to convince him that it was just FFX-2 and that you were just giving a woman an orgasm by massaging her.

An 18-year-old talking to me about maturity and arrogance and then trying to stuff the same irrelevant argument as he did in his last five posts on the subject, all while failing to respond to 2/3 points in the last argument? AW AW IT'S MASSAGEZ IT'S HORRIBLE! Do you have anything else besides that and calling me various things?

How funny. I don't get you at all - what do you mean by "matured in the alst year"?

Well alright then.

-How are the characters douchey? Tidus is whiny in the start, but then he reconciles with his situation and quickly matures and gets a grip. Auron is perfectly serious, fatherly, and, at times, inspiring. Lulu is cold out front, but very concerned and deep on the inside. Rikku and Wakka are there for comic relief and emphasizing racial tension in spira, they do both perfectly. Yuna is quiet and almost without presense at first, but clearly has plans of her own and is strong to embrace a rebellious spirit when needed, up to to becoming a key protagonist for the game. The only one thats kinda useless is Kimahri, but the whole company clicks really well.

-How is the story told badly? You are led by force of hand through all of it, and while the main story unfolds in front of you, you also get lots of backstory from the main chars and Maechen should you speak to him. The games' rich universe is unveiled even better in FFX-2. GIve me an example of badly - because from start to finish, it all clicks, makes sense, and depending on your taste, is enthralling. I don't remember story holes, either - a classic example of bad storytelling.

Maturity isn't all about age, sir. And I was not using that as my point, I was just saying it was something that amused me that he thought it was a hentai game. Though it does show how shameless the series is.

Only that I was gone a bit more than a year and you don't seem to have changed at all, that's basically it.

How are the characters douchey? Well how about how all of them completely ignore the threat that is Sin just to play underwater polo. Killika gets destroyed by Sin, most of the village dies and just a day later they're go "AW YEAH, LET'S IGNORE SIN AND PLAY BLITZBALL!" That's not douchey? Even after Tidus matures he's still an asshole and a total brat "this is my story", when it's definitely Yuna's story and not his. He bangs her and then walks all over her. Wakka has the "Just like happy fireworks, eh?" scene right after Rikku's home gets destroyed, despite how stupid Wakka is you cannot think that something like that is a good idea. Total douche. Rikku has no purpose in the story except for the "racial tension". Yuna is not even worth mentioning really, even though the whole story revolves around her she's a complete doormat and a very boring character. She used more as a tool to progress the story, like the five or so times she gets kidnapped.

Auron is an amazing character, I can't deny that, he carried that game alone. Quite possibly my favourite Final Fantasy character of all time. That might just be because he doesn't say much and we really don't know all that much about him, not even the spheres you find with him tell you all that much about him. Lulu is alright, she's a pretty good character. Those two are the only ones I like though.

On the story: Now I'm not sure if you're wanting examples of why it's bad from FFX or FFX-2, I could probably argue against both.

I'll just go with FFX for now though. It's not so much that it's told badly as it is a bad story that makes no sense with awful writing. For the start of the first ten hours of the game it revolves COMPLETELY around Blitzball, which is never explained. Blitzball is so impossible it's laughable, but what I have a bigger concern with is the fact that some people can just breath indefinitely under water while playing underwater polo. This is never explained and yet it really is very important to the plot, even outside of Blitzball. If Tidus, Wakka and Rikku couldn't breath under water then the game would have been over pretty early on. Why is it that they can do this? I thought these guys were meant to be humans (for the most part anyway), I'm pretty sure men can't hold their breath for that long, especially not if they're carrying around a jagged volley ball. Explain game, explain! Then there's the romance *shudder* which is all based on "The wind is nice *insert laughter*" and it is really quite important to the plot. Plotholes? How did Jecht even get to Spira? I know that Tidus got there through Sin, but that was only because Jecht didn't want him dead, I doubt that Sin would just teleport some random guy to Spira for the lulz. Hm? Since he was a dream the Fayth sent him there? One problem there, if they were able to make their "dreams" do whatever they wanted, then why didn't they just turn them into some sort of god and made the instantly kill Yu Yevon? The whole dream aspect was pretty pointless too, it really didn't serve any purpose, it was moslty there as a "See? Tidus is important to the plot!".

There is more, but I don't feel like typing out why the plot is terrible for ages, I can move on to FFX-2 if you'd wish.

How does your friend think a massage mini game in Final Fantasy X-2 is a hentai game? Also, did we play two different games because none of your points make any sense about the characters or the plot? I understand you don't like the game but maybe you should do some research or reply Final Fantasy X before you start to make assumption about the game. BTW when did Tidus bang Yuna was that in the international version of the game.

Probably because you're helping another woman get an orgasm by massaging her? That's the kind of sleezy you only get in hentai games.

I did play FFX recently, I've played through it multiple times for multiple reasons. I know you don't like me talking bad about FFX, but don't make assumptions about me. And about the banging Yuna part: What do you think happened after the kissing scene faded to black? It's obvious that they had sex.

@Xen: I might not be able to reply, starting tomorrow the week will be really busy for me, but I'll try to reply if I can.

lestatdark said:
Runa216 said:

People are stupid, I'm not a bad person for pointing it out.  a person can be smart, but people in general tend to be pretty derpy, this is a practically universally agreed upon truth.  

Brendude has a point and the way your acting is nothing short of being an egotistical, self centered person. You impose yourself over anyone else's opinion by running them over (your butthurt picture is a good demonstration of that). 

No one is disallowing you of posting your opinions, they're as much valid as anyone else's (and I agree with you about FFXIII being a bad game), but the way you're going with it is not the way to go. 

Also pointing out that people are stupid also puts you in that category, because you're handling the discussion in a pretty stupid way.

Thanks.

Just for the record, I am 100% fine with you not liking FFXIII, everyone has their opinion. I'm only calling out Runa216 over the FFXIII hate (Xen and Hatmoza should pay attention too, but at least they're more light hearted about it).

Christhor said:
Marteds said:
Christhor said:
Xen said:
Christhor said:
Xen said:
Christhor said:
Xen said:
Christhor said:
This forum is filled with FFX fanboys, open your eyes people, notice the terrible story telling and the douchey characters! Such whores, only wanting flash and no substance. (And no, before any of you say something, I'm not defending FFXIII)

Doesn't look like it will outsell FFVIII, which is a shame, that abomination deserves to die. Oh well, here's to the next FF, eh?

I already won that last argument, wanna go again?

Also, FF VIII is better than XIII - and better than most other FF's and games, to boot.

You won that arguement? Lolwut, all you did was say "At least FFXIII did it worse! So I'm allowed to like my cruddy game". Man, kids these days...

If you wanna go again, just tell me ;)

@bren: FFX > FFVI > FFVIII for me. Everything else is great and changes places on occasion - only FF XIII drudges far far behind. But yeah, the ending in FFX really seals the deal there.

lol, so arrogant, didn't mature at all during the last year, eh? I guess that's just what this place does to you. As long as you don't try to twist my words this time then go right ahead.

This reminds me, I actually linked a friend to that other discussion, he asked me why I posted a video oh a hentai game in the middle of it. It took me quite a while to convince him that it was just FFX-2 and that you were just giving a woman an orgasm by massaging her.

An 18-year-old talking to me about maturity and arrogance and then trying to stuff the same irrelevant argument as he did in his last five posts on the subject, all while failing to respond to 2/3 points in the last argument? AW AW IT'S MASSAGEZ IT'S HORRIBLE! Do you have anything else besides that and calling me various things?

How funny. I don't get you at all - what do you mean by "matured in the alst year"?

Well alright then.

-How are the characters douchey? Tidus is whiny in the start, but then he reconciles with his situation and quickly matures and gets a grip. Auron is perfectly serious, fatherly, and, at times, inspiring. Lulu is cold out front, but very concerned and deep on the inside. Rikku and Wakka are there for comic relief and emphasizing racial tension in spira, they do both perfectly. Yuna is quiet and almost without presense at first, but clearly has plans of her own and is strong to embrace a rebellious spirit when needed, up to to becoming a key protagonist for the game. The only one thats kinda useless is Kimahri, but the whole company clicks really well.

-How is the story told badly? You are led by force of hand through all of it, and while the main story unfolds in front of you, you also get lots of backstory from the main chars and Maechen should you speak to him. The games' rich universe is unveiled even better in FFX-2. GIve me an example of badly - because from start to finish, it all clicks, makes sense, and depending on your taste, is enthralling. I don't remember story holes, either - a classic example of bad storytelling.

Maturity isn't all about age, sir. And I was not using that as my point, I was just saying it was something that amused me that he thought it was a hentai game. Though it does show how shameless the series is.

Only that I was gone a bit more than a year and you don't seem to have changed at all, that's basically it.

How are the characters douchey? Well how about how all of them completely ignore the threat that is Sin just to play underwater polo. Killika gets destroyed by Sin, most of the village dies and just a day later they're go "AW YEAH, LET'S IGNORE SIN AND PLAY BLITZBALL!" That's not douchey? Even after Tidus matures he's still an asshole and a total brat "this is my story", when it's definitely Yuna's story and not his. He bangs her and then walks all over her. Wakka has the "Just like happy fireworks, eh?" scene right after Rikku's home gets destroyed, despite how stupid Wakka is you cannot think that something like that is a good idea. Total douche. Rikku has no purpose in the story except for the "racial tension". Yuna is not even worth mentioning really, even though the whole story revolves around her she's a complete doormat and a very boring character. She used more as a tool to progress the story, like the five or so times she gets kidnapped.

Auron is an amazing character, I can't deny that, he carried that game alone. Quite possibly my favourite Final Fantasy character of all time. That might just be because he doesn't say much and we really don't know all that much about him, not even the spheres you find with him tell you all that much about him. Lulu is alright, she's a pretty good character. Those two are the only ones I like though.

On the story: Now I'm not sure if you're wanting examples of why it's bad from FFX or FFX-2, I could probably argue against both.

I'll just go with FFX for now though. It's not so much that it's told badly as it is a bad story that makes no sense with awful writing. For the start of the first ten hours of the game it revolves COMPLETELY around Blitzball, which is never explained. Blitzball is so impossible it's laughable, but what I have a bigger concern with is the fact that some people can just breath indefinitely under water while playing underwater polo. This is never explained and yet it really is very important to the plot, even outside of Blitzball. If Tidus, Wakka and Rikku couldn't breath under water then the game would have been over pretty early on. Why is it that they can do this? I thought these guys were meant to be humans (for the most part anyway), I'm pretty sure men can't hold their breath for that long, especially not if they're carrying around a jagged volley ball. Explain game, explain! Then there's the romance *shudder* which is all based on "The wind is nice *insert laughter*" and it is really quite important to the plot. Plotholes? How did Jecht even get to Spira? I know that Tidus got there through Sin, but that was only because Jecht didn't want him dead, I doubt that Sin would just teleport some random guy to Spira for the lulz. Hm? Since he was a dream the Fayth sent him there? One problem there, if they were able to make their "dreams" do whatever they wanted, then why didn't they just turn them into some sort of god and made the instantly kill Yu Yevon? The whole dream aspect was pretty pointless too, it really didn't serve any purpose, it was moslty there as a "See? Tidus is important to the plot!".

There is more, but I don't feel like typing out why the plot is terrible for ages, I can move on to FFX-2 if you'd wish.

How does your friend think a massage mini game in Final Fantasy X-2 is a hentai game? Also, did we play two different games because none of your points make any sense about the characters or the plot? I understand you don't like the game but maybe you should do some research or reply Final Fantasy X before you start to make assumption about the game. BTW when did Tidus bang Yuna was that in the international version of the game.

Probably because you're helping another woman get an orgasm by massaging her? That's the kind of sleezy you only get in hentai games.

I did play FFX recently, I've played through it multiple times for multiple reasons. I know you don't like me talking bad about FFX, but don't make assumptions about me. And about the banging Yuna part: What do you think happened after the kissing scene faded to black? It's obvious that they had sex.

@Xen: I might not be able to reply, starting tomorrow the week will be really busy for me, but I'll try to reply if I can.

Honestly I don't care if talk bad about Final Fantasy X  or any game it's your opinion of the game. I just don't understand if you played the game how did you come to some of your conclusion about the game. Alot of your complaints are explain by game through the cutscences. So after they admitted their feelings towards each other they had sex by lake. Again another conclusion that you made up unless you have proof they had sex.

Around the Network
Marteds said:

Honestly I don't care if talk bad about Final Fantasy X  or any game it's your opinion of the game. I just don't understand if you played the game how did you come to some of your conclusion about the game. Alot of your complaints are explain by game through the cutscences. So after they admitted their feelings towards each other they had sex by lake. Again another conclusion that you made up unless you have proof they had sex.

I have played the game as I said and I came to those conclusions because that was what the game gave me. So what you're saying is that they were kissing for five minutes under the open sky in a very romantic setting, then just got up and walked away? You don't have to be a brain-surgent to figure out they had sex, they're not about to show it in the game, not even Square is that sleezy.

Christhor said:
Marteds said:

I have played the game as I said and I came to those conclusions because that was what the game gave me. So what you're saying is that they were kissing for five minutes under the open sky in a very romantic setting, then just got up and walked away? You don't have to be a brain-surgent to figure out they had sex, they're not about to show it in the game, not even Square is that sleezy.

Wasn't Kimahri watching :L?

I don't like the sound of it anyway, it's not innocent enough for a Final Fantasy game.

brendude13 said:
lestatdark said:
Runa216 said:

Thanks.

Just for the record, I am 100% fine with you not liking FFXIII, everyone has their opinion. I'm only calling out Runa216 over the FFXIII hate (Xen and Hatmoza should pay attention too, but at least they're more light hearted about it).

I'm also fine with people liking games that I don't and vice-versa, but in those cases respect should be paramount to any discussion. Runa216's replies lacked that, and I know that Xen also respects everyone's opinion (he's a good guy). 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Christhor said:
Marteds said:

No, I'm just asking for proof and you keep making the same conclusion so therefore you don't have any proof  of Tidus and Yuna had sex unless you show me a clip from Final Fantasy X admitting they had sex with each other. I just felt that you didn't understand the story or we played two different version of Final Fantasy X  if you felt the first ten hours where about Blitzball and most of the characters came off as douchy as you say. I know how you feel about the game and I'm not trying to change your opinion or anything but I just don't understand your point of view.  I honestly don't know what you meant about the brain-surgent comment in your last sentence. But if you about to become very busy enjoy your free time and don't waste time talking or arguing about a game.   

Sorry about the butthurt report image, was meant to be lighthearted.

But at the same time, I find it rather frustrating that my 'image' is almost entirely based on my (strong) feelings towards a single game. I'm aggressive, I'm hateful, I'm angry, I'm rude, etc....but that's not like me at all, I just really, REALLY REALLY REALLY hate FFXIII (and with VERY good reason), and I loooove making that point known because of my history and attitude (I look for the good in everything), for great contrast.

Also, it says in my sig right there that I have strong opinions and I voice them loudly. Seriously, this world needs a bit more blunt honesty, because far too many people are beating around the bush and fucking around instead of being gutsy enough to come out and say "This sucks, here's why", regardless of the white knights who stand up to defend it.

It's gotten to the point where the only way to have a debate/discussion on a forum/messageboard is to punctuate every sentence with "in my opinion".

And yes, people ARE stupid. I may sound condescending, but it's group mentality. One person can usually be counted on to think rationally and intelligently, but the bigger the group, the dumber the collective gets. That's just social science.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android