By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Confirmed: Monster Hunter 4 not planned for PSVita

About time Nintendo started playing dirty

Around the Network
Seece said:
Of course they won't announce it, seriously though it's one of their worst decisions in recent memory.

So much so I'm inclined to believe Nintendo offered incentives.

Nah Seece it could be a a very smart decision, if I had to guess what is going to happen:

Monster Hunter 4 for the 3DS, sells significantly about 2-5 million range in Japan, and Nintendo markets it in the west and tries to build the brand equity for Capcom, which causes sales of the franchise to levels of about 1 million in the western market. 

Monster Hunter 4G for the Playstation Vita, sells about 3-5 million range in Japan, and now has brand equity to bring over and sell in the North American market.  

(However this thread does remind me of Dragon Quest IX first announcement....)

Xen said:
Kynes said:
It's funny how Sony fans act as if they own every third party franchise. Come on, Capcom made a business decision, deal with it.

It's even funnier to see the fact that 50% of your posts are simply bitching about Sony fans in one way or another.

@Silver-Tiger: Yep! And I'm not even a fan of MH. Though I ought to get into it.

If sony fans wouldn't behave as prima donnas...

Kynes said:
Xen said:
Kynes said:
It's funny how Sony fans act as if they own every third party franchise. Come on, Capcom made a business decision, deal with it.

It's even funnier to see the fact that 50% of your posts are simply bitching about Sony fans in one way or another.

@Silver-Tiger: Yep! And I'm not even a fan of MH. Though I ought to get into it.

If sony fans wouldn't behave as prima donnas...

Nobody's forcing you to reply or even care. You'd be better off without either.

padib said:
Acevil said:
Seece said:
Of course they won't announce it, seriously though it's one of their worst decisions in recent memory.

Nah Seece it could be a a very smart decision, if I had to guess what is going to happen:

Monster Hunter 4 for the 3DS, sells significantly about 2-5 million range in Japan, and Nintendo markets it in the west and tries to build the brand equity for Capcom, which causes sales of the franchise to levels of about 1 million in the western market. 

Monster Hunter 4G for the Playstation Vita, sells about 3-5 million range in Japan, and now has brand equity to bring over and sell in the North American market.  

Actually here is a fact, Nintendo is the most successful japanese developer in the West per game. Their games have managed to sell insane amounts, more than even the western publishers. If I'm not mistaken Nintendo is #1 in sales.

Now that I think of it Ace you're right and Seece you're talking out of your behind! :P

Then again, DQIX didn't do very well here in america. -> http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/7147/dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/

Selling one million in the west without a final fantasy demo, is actually impressive for Dragon Quest. 

(Note my comment of Dragon Quest IX, wasn't about selling in the west, more so the jump to conclusions. As a lot of "Fans" stated that this was horrible decision on Square Enix's part to put on the DS, and that it won't do well)

Around the Network
padib said:
Acevil said:
padib said:
Acevil said:
Seece said:

Actually here is a fact, Nintendo is the most successful japanese developer in the West per game. Their games have managed to sell insane amounts, more than even the western publishers. If I'm not mistaken Nintendo is #1 in sales.

Now that I think of it Ace you're right and Seece you're talking out of your behind! :P

Then again, DQIX didn't do very well here in america. -> http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/7147/dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/

Selling one million in the west without a final fantasy demo, is actually impressive for Dragon Quest. 

Yes, but don't forget IX was also localized in Europe. In fact, DQ VIII sold more on PS2 in the US than IX did on DS here in America. Imagine if it had europe too.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/570/dragon-quest-viii-journey-of-the-cursed-king/

And needless to say PS2 had a smaller userbase at the time than the DS did. (at time of launch)

Granted, adding in Europe to IX sales you do get a bigger volume of sales for the west. But I'm sure that at this time in history Sony would be more than able and willing to localize DQ there as well.

I added this comment: (Note my comment of Dragon Quest IX, wasn't about selling in the west, more so the jump to conclusions. As a lot of "Fans" stated that this was horrible decision on Square Enix's part to put it on the DS, and that it won't do well)

It soon became the best selling dragon quest game in Japan.  

Mad55 said:
Wow nintendo must have microsofted capcom.

It seems that way Sony could possibly take a huge blow. The Monster Hunter series did start off on their consoles. 2012's gonna be a gooood year!!!

sigh i feel sorry for Sony... still gonna buy the PS Vita =)

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Damn owned a DS last gen and wanted the Vita this gen, Hopefully the G version will come out for the Vita at least. But worst comes to the worst I dont have to spend any money on a new handheld console this gen and save myself some cash.

Xxain said:
Nothing is confirmed.. Yoshida said " not rule out MH4 on Vita as 3rd parties work on a Multi basis" remember if Nintendo paid for a timed xxclusive.. its not SONY job to announce that.

this.  answering a question with "i don't know, ask capcom" doesn't mean anything is confirmed.  sony publicly spilling the beans over capcoms property could get sony into a lot of trouble.