By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas UP-10th September

Looks like americans will still buy the xbox 360 even when its the most expensive console on the market.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
megaman79 said:
Interesting to note that a "core" Kinect motion game on 360 didn't sell well at all. It didn't much better than many Wii games of a similar type.

I guess it wasn't the Wii audience to blame, but rather bad quality product.

I don't think it's either. Rise of Nightmares is an average game, but there was almost no advertizing for this game. I remember looking for a release date many times during the year, and only finding out about it a month before it released. This was a sleeper title, SEGA poorly advertized this game, they could have at least given a release date months before or something.

Also I just don't think the Kinect demograph wants a zombie game. Ryse is coming out soon (2012, but soon) and that will likely be the best FP...game for Kinect, and Dead Island also released the same week.

I blaime bad marketing, and a poorly planned release on SEGA's part. If they released it in October, far away from Dead Island, and Dance Central 2, maybe it could have gotten better sales.

Or maybe it does, but given the movements required from the player and the lag of the device, zombies should have been the protagonists, not the foes... O-)

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Decent numbers. Looks like PS3 price effect is starting to ware down. Its still much better than the 45K range it was at before the cut. Its sad to see Resistance 3 with such low week one numbers when compared to Resistance 2.

Rise of Nightmares had lower sales than I expected by a decent margin. I'm sure this will have some decent legs however. Especially through the holidays.

Dead Island took the top spot. I'm not surprised.

When I see Kinect having already a big user base, selling still decently in America, but, despite all this, its SW selling from meh down to horribly, I can't help imagining hordes of undead Kinects, collecting dust in dark, creepy closets and calling the living eerily muttering "Join. US!... Join. US!..."

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

GuiltySpartan77 said:
Looks like americans will still buy the xbox 360 even when its the most expensive console on the market.

It's because it's an American product. People want to buy domestic because "It's better for the economy" even though 360's and PS3's are both built in in China at Foxconn. It makes no sense that the 360 outsells the PS3 at this point, especially since the 360 is the cheaper to produce console.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Michael-5 said:
megaman79 said:
Interesting to note that a "core" Kinect motion game on 360 didn't sell well at all. It didn't much better than many Wii games of a similar type.

I don't think it's either. Rise of Nightmares is an average game, but there was almost no advertizing for this game. I remember looking for a release date many times during the year, and only finding out about it a month before it released. This was a sleeper title, SEGA poorly advertized this game, they could have at least given a release date months before or something.

Also I just don't think the Kinect demograph wants a zombie game. Ryse is coming out soon (2012, but soon) and that will likely be the best FP...game for Kinect, and Dead Island also released the same week.

I blaime bad marketing, and a poorly planned release on SEGA's part. If they released it in October, far away from Dead Island, and Dance Central 2, maybe it could have gotten better sales.

Or maybe it does, but given the movements required from the player and the lag of the device, zombies should have been the protagonists, not the foes... O-)

Maybe that's true, I just think Sega could have made this a bigger game. It's getting decent scores (7-7.5/10).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Resistance 3=BOMBA.

this goes back to what i said eariler as to why Sony keep on making Resistence games hardly anyone buys it, you just cant compete in the shooter market no more what with Cod and BF

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Michael-5 said:
megaman79 said:

Maybe that's true, I just think Sega could have made this a bigger game. It's getting decent scores (7-7.5/10).

It is currently at 51/100 on Metacritic. So if the game is that bad, they shouldn't sell a lot, that only encourages more bad games (just look at the Wii games early on, non-Nintendo).

I swear Gametrailers gave it a good review. Now I see IGN gave it 4/10. I must have misread something or not paid attention. Not my type of game.

Anyway 20k sales isn;t much for a Kinect game, but I guess when you look at early Wii games they faired the same way.

Michael-5 said:
GuiltySpartan77 said:

It's because it's an American product. People want to buy domestic because "It's better for the economy" even though 360's and PS3's are both built in in China at Foxconn. It makes no sense that the 360 outsells the PS3 at this point, especially since the 360 is the cheaper to produce console.

LOL... Are u serius?

As I know 360s are made in Mexico, Taiwan and now in Brazil.

Dark_Feanor said:

LOL... Are u serius?

As I know 360s are made in Mexico, Taiwan and now in Brazil.

What????

360s are made by Flextronics, Wistron and Celestica. All companies have their manufacturing plant(s) in China.