By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MEGATON! Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS!

RIP Vita, the only thing that could counter that is an FF VII remake exclusive to PS Vita.. lol

Around the Network

So 3DS now has Monster Hunter, Pokemon and possibly Dragon Quest? Ouch, that sucks Sony.

M.U.G.E.N said:
yep didn't see it coming, makes no sense either to put the main line game on a handheld, should have been for a console and then a portable version for the handhelds. Doubt it's exclusive, cuz if it's horrible move from a business perspective. Either way it really was a megaton and a win for Nintendo

my 'personal' stand out game of the conference was Bravery Default and that's about it. that game looked magnificent! Really wanna see more of it

Business wise it will only hurt Sony as anyone who wants MH will buy the 3DS if it is exclusive to it.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
yep didn't see it coming, makes no sense either to put the main line game on a handheld, should have been for a console and then a portable version for the handhelds. Doubt it's exclusive, cuz if it's horrible move from a business perspective. Either way it really was a megaton and a win for Nintendo

my 'personal' stand out game of the conference was Bravery Default and that's about it. that game looked magnificent! Really wanna see more of it

What!? MH IS a portable series. it perfectly fine to annotation MH for a handheld because thats where Japan wants it.

I didn't mean that part in a business pov..more in the line up of tradition of the series. they always release it for the home console as the main line numbered game and then the portable version comes out for handhelds. this is a departure and really the previous method worked just fine

Mugen.. with MHs growing handheld popularity, why waste time on console version,for what? tradition? screw tradition. its brilliant move to cater to Japans interest and thats handheld.

no no I mean it sold just fine on the consoles..and if they want to tap the western markets home consoles are the way to go imho. really hoped for a ps3 version with nice hd graphics and great online. sigh but then again we should wait and see what their multiplatform details are if there are any

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

dany612 said:
Xxain said:
dany612 said:
Looks like Vita just lost one of its advantages in Japan lol

you dont know that? What if Nintendo jusy wanted to get jump announce it 1st? it could very well be on Vita too( which they obviously wont announce)This is CAPCOM, especially in regards to Nintendo they NEVER leave anything Xxclusive.

Even if it is not exclusive, the fact that it would be available to two handhelds makes the Vita vulnerable. The fan audience could well split on what system to play.

MH has been available on more than console for awhile now. This could be a FFXIII PS3 vs 360 .. 360 appearance didn't really make a dent in PS3 sells.. you never know.

Around the Network
Roma said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Business wise it will only hurt Sony as anyone who wants MH will buy the 3DS if it is exclusive to it.

umm no by going exclusive they are denying an already established audience on the Sony consoles. will they buy 3ds for it? sure. but it won't have the same level of sales possible by going multiplat with Vita. So it won't be only sony that would hurt. this is the DQX scenario all over again. Ninty are being smart and money hatting the hell out of these big games (If it really is exclusive)...like I said let's see what sony has in store now. They have the new ip/unique handheld games are covered nicely now, they jsut need some big games in Japan

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

What!? MH IS a portable series. it perfectly fine to annotation MH for a handheld because thats where Japan wants it.

I didn't mean that part in a business pov..more in the line up of tradition of the series. they always release it for the home console as the main line numbered game and then the portable version comes out for handhelds. this is a departure and really the previous method worked just fine

Mugen.. with MHs growing handheld popularity, why waste time on console version,for what? tradition? screw tradition. its brilliant move to cater to Japans interest and thats handheld.

no no I mean it sold just fine on the consoles..and if they want to tap the western markets home consoles are the way to go imho. really hoped for a ps3 version with nice hd graphics and great online. sigh but then again we should wait and see what their multiplatform details are if there are any

*eyeroll* .. your view is more self serving. CAPCOM has no real interest in MH in the west, they stated that they do see MH as a western franchise aimed solely at Japan ... in a sense Dragons Dogma is our MH

Other than Monster Hunter, what big franchises did the PSP have in Japan? Peace Walker and Final Fantasy spinoffs? Honestly, this could potentially kill the Vita. Imagine, by the end of the year, the 3DS will already have Monster Hunter, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Dragon Quest games. With Animal Crossing, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, and Tomodatchi coming next year and Pokemon and 2D Mario presumably coming sometime in the future, what other big Japanese franchises are left? So far as I can see, just Final Fantasy, and I doubt FF15 is coming to the Vita.

Love and tolerate.

Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

*eyeroll* .. your view is more self serving. CAPCOM has no real interest in MH in the west, they stated that they do see MH as a western franchise aimed solely at Japan ... in a sense Dragons Dogma is our MH

lol maybe it is. haven't heard them say that. kinda stupid really, why not try to expand on what's successful already in one region. but again don't misunderstand me..MH is NOT one of my fave games/series so this doesn't bother me in a personal level much. the game I have my eye on from this conference is Bravery Default...I hope that games go multiplat with Vita or at least gets a western release! the best looking game the whole conference for me

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

this is great announcement!!

of course graphics would be better on Vita, but Monster Hunter in 3D would be awesome too, hope it uses the streetpass and all that functions

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^