By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MEGATON! Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS!

Mad55 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
Nintendo fans must be happy but im a little disappointed. I thought Monster may be able to move forward with the Vita. With better graphics and everything along with a well integrated online system. And here we are getting a monster Hunter that still looks like the the last one released for the PSP.

Really I thought the 3ds versions looked much better than the psp versions.

even so its still not a big jump. If it was on Vita the franchise would get a massive jump in graphics as well as online. Oh well im guessing at the sony conference either Monster Hunter 4 HD will be announced for VITA or Mnster Hunter Portable 4.

Around the Network

yep didn't see it coming, makes no sense either to put the main line game on a handheld, should have been for a console and then a portable version for the handhelds. Doubt it's exclusive, cuz if it's horrible move from a business perspective. Either way it really was a megaton and a win for Nintendo

my 'personal' stand out game of the conference was Bravery Default and that's about it. that game looked magnificent! Really wanna see more of it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Looks like Vita just lost one of its advantages in Japan lol

M.U.G.E.N said:
yep didn't see it coming, makes no sense either to put the main line game on a handheld, should have been for a console and then a portable version for the handhelds. Doubt it's exclusive, cuz if it's horrible move from a business perspective. Either way it really was a megaton and a win for Nintendo

my 'personal' stand out game of the conference was Bravery Default and that's about it. that game looked magnificent! Really wanna see more of it

What!? MH IS a portable series. it perfectly fine to annotation MH for a handheld because thats where Japan wants it.

Ultimately Capcom won here. They can now just use the same assets they have been using for how long now? stick a 4 in the title and watch their balance rise in the bank.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

What!? MH IS a portable series. it perfectly fine to annotation MH for a handheld because thats where Japan wants it.

I didn't mean that part in a business pov..more in the line up of tradition of the series. they always release it for the home console as the main line numbered game and then the portable version comes out for handhelds. this is a departure and really the previous method worked just fine

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

dany612 said:

you dont know that? What if Nintendo jusy wanted to get jump announce it 1st? it could very well be on Vita too( which they obviously wont announce)This is CAPCOM, especially in regards to Nintendo they NEVER leave anything Xxclusive.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I didn't mean that part in a business pov..more in the line up of tradition of the series. they always release it for the home console as the main line numbered game and then the portable version comes out for handhelds. this is a departure and really the previous method worked just fine

Mugen.. with MHs growing handheld popularity, why waste time on console version,for what? tradition? screw tradition. its brilliant move to cater to Japans interest and thats handheld.

Did they say its exclusive?

Xxain said:
dany612 said:

you dont know that? What if Nintendo jusy wanted to get jump announce it 1st? it could very well be on Vita too( which they obviously wont announce)This is CAPCOM, especially in regards to Nintendo they NEVER leave anything Xxclusive.

Even if it is not exclusive, the fact that it would be available to two handhelds makes the Vita vulnerable. The fan audience could well split on what system to play.