By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MEGATON! Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS!

If it's exclusive Capcom just made the dumbest move of all time lol.

Around the Network

Damn! I miss the conference. I was out what I time to be out I miss all the fun.

Anyways, Nintendo did a great job with all the bad press it had early on. Nintendo thumbs up. MH 4 on the 3DS is a great catch. Maybe Vita will get the MH4P. Lol!

Machina said:

3DS giving Vita a go at being doomed this week according to some I see.

Seems to me to be an odd decision (assuming it's exclusive) for Capcom to completely turn their back on the audience they built up on the PSP.

Keep in mind that none of those people own a Vita yet, and brand loyalty to a console doesn't matter nearly as much as brand loyalty to a game - when a userbase is given fair warning, anyway.

Vita's too powerful for them to handle. That's why they need to make it on the 3ds because it's so cheap to make games on compared to all the other systems.

Fuc* you Capcom!!! Seriusly most of their monster hunter fans are on the sony plattforms and they just piss at and gives us a remake. If this is not a multiplattform game i will officially boycott every capcom game.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Salnax said:
Other than Monster Hunter, what big franchises did the PSP have in Japan? Peace Walker and Final Fantasy spinoffs? Honestly, this could potentially kill the Vita. Imagine, by the end of the year, the 3DS will already have Monster Hunter, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Dragon Quest games. With Animal Crossing, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, and Tomodatchi coming next year and Pokemon and 2D Mario presumably coming sometime in the future, what other big Japanese franchises are left? So far as I can see, just Final Fantasy, and I doubt FF15 is coming to the Vita.

sigh this is one of the BIGGEST annoying habits you Nintendo fans have around here. After every major conference for 3ds you scream doom and gloom for Vita..I mean really it happened last year and it's happening now already again. Deja Vu. Vita wasn't dead back then and it won't in the future either. I mean seriously we haven't had their conference yet even >_>

I am sure it is not going to be a 3ds exclusive. I am almost sure it is coming to the vita as well. But having Monster Hunter and Pokemon in the same platform is a big win for Nintendo. I think that both the PS Vita and the 3ds will do well and I plan to support both of them. I don't want apple ruling the handheld market. Both the PSV and 3ds will be great platforms. any handheld gaming lover like me must be very happy right now with the upcoming games for the Vita and the 3ds. 

sensebringer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Salnax said:
Other than Monster Hunter, what big franchises did the PSP have in Japan? Peace Walker and Final Fantasy spinoffs? Honestly, this could potentially kill the Vita. Imagine, by the end of the year, the 3DS will already have Monster Hunter, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Dragon Quest games. With Animal Crossing, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, and Tomodatchi coming next year and Pokemon and 2D Mario presumably coming sometime in the future, what other big Japanese franchises are left? So far as I can see, just Final Fantasy, and I doubt FF15 is coming to the Vita.

sigh this is one of the BIGGEST annoying habits you Nintendo fans have around here. After every major conference for 3ds you scream doom and gloom for Vita..I mean really it happened last year and it's happening now already again. Deja Vu. Vita wasn't dead back then and it won't in the future either. I mean seriously we haven't had their conference yet even >_>

I am sure it is not going to be a 3ds exclusive. I am almost sure it is coming to the vita as well. But having Monster Hunter and Pokemon in the same platform is a big win for Nintendo. I think that both the PS Vita and the 3ds will do well and I plan to support both of them. I don't want apple ruling the handheld market. Both the PSV and 3ds will great platforms.

Agree 100% word-to-word

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

You were NEVER a MH fan if you didn't buy MHTri, and to be frank, not many Westerners did anyway.

All Nintendo have done is what MS did, prove that with more consoles sold you have more potential to sell more copies of a game.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Press Release: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e110913b.html

Capcom's "Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G" and "Monster Hunter 4"
(tentative title) are confirmed for release on the Nintendo 3DS™!

Capcom Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce its plans to release "Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G" and "Monster Hunter 4" (tentative title) for the Nintendo 3DS system.

The "Monster Hunter" series are hunting action games which take players on a hunt for huge monsters inside a world rich with nature. The games introduced a new kind of communication style, and created a "Monster Hunter craze" through cooperative play focused on hunting monsters with friends. Ever since the first game was released in 2004, our fan base has grown, and the "Monster Hunter" series has sold 18 million copies total.

By releasing the newest "Monster Hunter" on the Nintendo 3DS, we aim to further strengthen the brand by captivating Nintendo 3DS users, and adding to the existing fan base.

"Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G", scheduled for release on December 12th, 2011, utilizes "Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)" (Released on Nintendo Wii®, August 2009) as its base, and will contain new elements that take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS and its capabilities. Not only will players be able to enjoy the feeling of depth from the 3D perspective, but the game will take advantage of the system's wireless functionality. In addition to the familiar controls, a customizable touch panel will also make controlling the game even smoother than before. Finally, G rank quests, new monsters, equipment, and new supporting characters will be included in order to satisfy long-time players, as well as those who are new to the franchise.

Making games multiplatform is a basic strategy, and Capcom has strengthened the "Monster Hunter" franchise, as well as other popular brands, by using it. Capcom will continue to meet the player's expectations through superior developmental knowhow and research, and by choosing hardware that benefits our games the most.

【Product Details】

"Monster Hunter 3(Tri) G"

1. Title Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G
2. Genre Hunting Action
3. Platform Nintendo 3DS™
4. Release Date December 10, 2011 (Saturday)

"Monster Hunter 4" (tentative title)

1. Title Monster Hunter 4 (tentative title)
2. Genre Hunting Action
3. Platform Nintendo 3DS™
4. Release Date TBD

As 3rd party games go, this is probably one of the biggest for Japan. This should ensure the domination of 3DS easy.