By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MEGATON! Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS!

Salnax said:
Other than Monster Hunter, what big franchises did the PSP have in Japan? Peace Walker and Final Fantasy spinoffs? Honestly, this could potentially kill the Vita. Imagine, by the end of the year, the 3DS will already have Monster Hunter, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Dragon Quest games. With Animal Crossing, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, and Tomodatchi coming next year and Pokemon and 2D Mario presumably coming sometime in the future, what other big Japanese franchises are left? So far as I can see, just Final Fantasy, and I doubt FF15 is coming to the Vita.

sigh this is one of the BIGGEST annoying habits you Nintendo fans have around here. After every major conference for 3ds you scream doom and gloom for Vita..I mean really it happened last year and it's happening now already again. Deja Vu. Vita wasn't dead back then and it won't in the future either. I mean seriously we haven't had their conference yet even >_>

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Roma said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
yep didn't see it coming, makes no sense either to put the main line game on a handheld, should have been for a console and then a portable version for the handhelds. Doubt it's exclusive, cuz if it's horrible move from a business perspective. Either way it really was a megaton and a win for Nintendo

my 'personal' stand out game of the conference was Bravery Default and that's about it. that game looked magnificent! Really wanna see more of it

Business wise it will only hurt Sony as anyone who wants MH will buy the 3DS if it is exclusive to it.

umm no by going exclusive they are denying an already established audience on the Sony consoles. will they buy 3ds for it? sure. but it won't have the same level of sales possible by going multiplat with Vita. So it won't be only sony that would hurt. this is the DQX scenario all over again. Ninty are being smart and money hatting the hell out of these big games (If it really is exclusive)...like I said let's see what sony has in store now. They have the new ip/unique handheld games are covered nicely now, they jsut need some big games in Japan

This will be very interesting to see! :D

I still don’t agree with you though :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Roma said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
yep didn't see it coming, makes no sense either to put the main line game on a handheld, should have been for a console and then a portable version for the handhelds. Doubt it's exclusive, cuz if it's horrible move from a business perspective. Either way it really was a megaton and a win for Nintendo

my 'personal' stand out game of the conference was Bravery Default and that's about it. that game looked magnificent! Really wanna see more of it

Business wise it will only hurt Sony as anyone who wants MH will buy the 3DS if it is exclusive to it.

umm no by going exclusive they are denying an already established audience on the Sony consoles. will they buy 3ds for it? sure. but it won't have the same level of sales possible by going multiplat with Vita. So it won't be only sony that would hurt. this is the DQX scenario all over again. Ninty are being smart and money hatting the hell out of these big games (If it really is exclusive)...like I said let's see what sony has in store now. They have the new ip/unique handheld games are covered nicely now, they jsut need some big games in Japan

fair enough :P

but seriously this gen is looking much better than last one already for handheld gamers :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Yeah um, that 3DS thing there is looking mighty attractive now...Fire Emblem, an actual Monster Hunter sequel...and eventually the next Pokemon game...yeah Uncharted is great and all, but Resistance, LBP and all that other crap can't hold a candle to what 3DS has coming especially at such a lower price point.

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

flagstaad said:
Xxain said:
No Fire Emblem was the Megaton. it looked slick!

Agree!!!

I think they announce new Fire Emblem for Spring 2012 in the conference...... Btw, back to topic.... I am surprised they announce two monster hunter for 3DS simultaniously.... First Monster Hunter 3G and then the awesome trailer of Monster Hunter 4.... It looks promising so far.....

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Salnax said:
Other than Monster Hunter, what big franchises did the PSP have in Japan? Peace Walker and Final Fantasy spinoffs? Honestly, this could potentially kill the Vita. Imagine, by the end of the year, the 3DS will already have Monster Hunter, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Dragon Quest games. With Animal Crossing, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, and Tomodatchi coming next year and Pokemon and 2D Mario presumably coming sometime in the future, what other big Japanese franchises are left? So far as I can see, just Final Fantasy, and I doubt FF15 is coming to the Vita.

sigh this is one of the BIGGEST annoying habits you Nintendo fans have around here. After every major conference for 3ds you scream doom and gloom for Vita..I mean really it happened last year and it's happening now already again. Deja Vu. Vita wasn't dead back then and it won't in the future either. I mean seriously we haven't had their conference yet even >_>

Don’t worry man we Nintendo fans get a lot of that as well… just ignore us :)

Sounds like someone is butthurt.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Roma said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Roma said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

fair enough :P

but seriously this gen is looking much better than last one already for handheld gamers :D

Indeed it is, can’t wait to play all the amazing games! I’ve never wanted this many games for a handheld before :D

When I saw that Monster Hunter 4 trailer I was like whoa!!!! It's like a combination of Monster Hunter and Shadow of the Colossus. I'm glad it's on the 3DS because Nintendo of Europe will definitely publish it.

sounds like someone is a moron :)

@roma: Agreed, I saw the ninty doom and gloom comments/threads as well, they were also mainly from nintendo fans :D I don't get it..and see how things are turning around so well for ninty once things got tough..the tough got going and gamers benefit. at least that's one rumor from 01net not gonna happen for sure now (iwata being fired bit lol)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!