By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MEGATON! Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS!

"Making games multiplatform is a basic strategy, and Capcom has strengthened the "Monster Hunter" franchise, as well as other popular brands, by using it."

And with THAT Id assume Vita owners shouldn't be too worried.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
"Making games multiplatform is a basic strategy, and Capcom has strengthened the "Monster Hunter" franchise, as well as other popular brands, by using it."

Does not stop some from getting all butthurt though :)

RolStoppable# That's how i feel. Like how the 360 backs of the ps3 power and now the 3ds does it to the psv.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

RolStoppable said:
Galaki said:
megaman79 said:

Does not stop some from getting all butthurt though :)

There will be content cut from the game to account for the 3DS's lower capacity cartridges. Not to mention that the Vita version will at best only look marginally better than the 3DS version.

Why how big was a PSP UMD? 1.5Gb? The 3DS can have up to 8Gb of data if they need all that space

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

RolStoppable said:
Roma said:
RolStoppable said:

There will be content cut from the game to account for the 3DS's lower capacity cartridges. Not to mention that the Vita version will at best only look marginally better than the 3DS version.

Why how big was a PSP UMD? 1.5Gb? The 3DS can have up to 8Gb of data if they need all that space

The PSP doesn't matter, it's irrelevant to my post.

My point was that if they can fit a lot in those games then they can fit tons more in 3DS games

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Roma said:
RolStoppable said:

The PSP doesn't matter, it's irrelevant to my post.

My point was that if they can fit a lot in those games then they can fit tons more in 3DS games.

...and my point is that they could fit even more into a PSV game.

I don't think they want to turn MH into a movie/MGS.

M.U.G.E.N said:
sensebringer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Salnax said:
Other than Monster Hunter, what big franchises did the PSP have in Japan? Peace Walker and Final Fantasy spinoffs? Honestly, this could potentially kill the Vita. Imagine, by the end of the year, the 3DS will already have Monster Hunter, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Dragon Quest games. With Animal Crossing, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, and Tomodatchi coming next year and Pokemon and 2D Mario presumably coming sometime in the future, what other big Japanese franchises are left? So far as I can see, just Final Fantasy, and I doubt FF15 is coming to the Vita.

sigh this is one of the BIGGEST annoying habits you Nintendo fans have around here. After every major conference for 3ds you scream doom and gloom for Vita..I mean really it happened last year and it's happening now already again. Deja Vu. Vita wasn't dead back then and it won't in the future either. I mean seriously we haven't had their conference yet even >_>

I am sure it is not going to be a 3ds exclusive. I am almost sure it is coming to the vita as well. But having Monster Hunter and Pokemon in the same platform is a big win for Nintendo. I think that both the PS Vita and the 3ds will do well and I plan to support both of them. I don't want apple ruling the handheld market. Both the PSV and 3ds will great platforms.

Agree 100% word-to-word

I also agree 100%, but I do think apple will eventually rule the market. However I do think the 3DS will produce a nice dime for nintendo and think sony will be in the green at the very end with PSV. 

RolStoppable said:
Acevil said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Agree 100% word-to-word

I also agree 100%, but I do think apple will eventually rule the market. However I do think the 3DS will produce a nice dime for nintendo and think sony will be in the green at the very end with PSV. 

The only thing Apple can achieve is baiting video game developers into devaluing their games on dedicated handhelds. This then isn't what you can call "ruling a market", but rather "destroying part of a market".

They say the margins are good on mobile, but oversaturation will happen (most likely already is, since I have to accept a lot of crappy iphone games). 

RolStoppable said:
Acevil said:
RolStoppable said:

The only thing Apple can achieve is baiting video game developers into devaluing their games on dedicated handhelds. This then isn't what you can call "ruling a market", but rather "destroying part of a market".

They say the margins are good on mobile, but oversaturation will happen (most likely already is, since I have to accept a lot of crappy iphone games). 

Who are "they"?

I will do research when i wake up, if I remember. (Goodnight..... it is 3AM here)

Can't wait for this, looks fantastic. Even though I highly doubt this is exclusive, this is still a serious blow to the PSV.

Shit has really just got serious