By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up 3rd Sep.

ps3 is gonna kill it this holiday!

Around the Network

What was last weeks PS3 numbers?

CGI-Quality said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Wow, PS3 is up yet again! I really didn't expect that, that's great! If it maintains 200,000 WW we can start to say that the price-cut effect was quite good.

3DS is holding well, too.

Told you it would be up somewhere this week!

Looks like it may cross 200k again, but it would have to be supported by EMEAA since Japapn will dip this week and be back up next week.

i think it'll be just below 200k this week, then back over 200k next week

CGI-Quality said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Wow, PS3 is up yet again! I really didn't expect that, that's great! If it maintains 200,000 WW we can start to say that the price-cut effect was quite good.

Looks like it may cross 200k again, but it would have to be supported by EMEAA since Japapn will dip this week and be back up next week.

Now I see my foolishness. I should never have doubted you

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Areym said:
PS3 and 3DS holding up. Can we expect another 200k+ for both of them this week?

i doubt the ps3 will be above 200k, it only just cleared it last week and it should be down a fair amount in japan this week. 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

i think it'll be just below 200k this week, then back over 200k next week

Pobably, maybe like 190-195. Somewhere in there.

yeh somewhere around there but then again who knows?  ps3 sales are weird at times.

Great PS3 & 3DS numbers

Good for PS3. MS pay attention 360 needs to have price cut. I can see until October 1st after Gears special edition console has sold, but after that you need to drop price. One thing that does look wrong is Kinect Adventures. Recent press said 52% of 360s sold have been Kinect Bundles. So 52% of 76K is 40K. Add in Kinect standalone unit sales and Kinect Adventures should be closer to 50K.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

I think emeaa will be up this week, so expect 200k again

We're still undertracking sales in Aus/NZ so sales will still be over 200k assuming we see adjustments for it.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4