By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up 3rd Sep.

Nintendogamer said:
Seece said:
Nintendogamer said:
Seece said:
Solid numbers for the top 3, surprised Wii is still around 50k with absoloutely no SW though ... logically it should see harsh dips throughout september.

It's probably way over tracked, should have dropped to about 30K now.

Averaged about 47k during July, so don't think it's down to 30k weekly yet. I would have though low 40's though.

I reckon NPD August will have it about 110K - 120K.  The lowest it will go will be 22K during this month but in October it should slighlty go up again.

It's not gonna drop to below 120k from 190k last month, stop being unrealistic.

Around the Network

I wonder if the PS3 will manage to beat the 360 here soon.

good sales for 360 and ps3

so looking at prices in the usa

4gb 360 $199.........4gb kinect $299.........250gb 360 $299

160gb PS3 $249.........320gb PS3 $299......320gb move $349

move bundle aside that's competitve pricing there don't you think,now i'm not american so i don't know if the 360 already sells cheaper with deals etc all the time but how long do you think MS should leave it and what will they cut or will they have a $249 250gb kinect bundle which should do the job or what about a $149 4gb 360

what i'm trying to say is do you think MS can cut $50 off their consoles without it crunching into their profits or will they rake it in for the holidays

Above & Beyond

yo_john117 said:
I wonder if the PS3 will manage to beat the 360 here soon.

Resistance 3 released so there might be a slim chance next week.

kowenicki said:
zuvuyeay said:
good sales for 360 and ps3

so looking at prices in the usa

4gb 360 $199.........4gb kinect $299.........250gb 360 $299

160gb PS3 $249.........320gb PS3 $299......320gb move $349

move bundle aside that's competitve pricing there don't you think,now i'm not american so i don't know if the 360 already sells cheaper with deals etc all the time but how long do you think MS should leave it and what will they cut or will they have a $249 250gb kinect bundle which should do the job or what about a $149 4gb 360

what i'm trying to say is do you think MS can cut $50 off their consoles without it crunching into their profits or will they rake it in for the holidays

$50 is a breeze for MS...  $75 to $100 wouldnt be impossible on some bundles....

right so it's easily done for MS then,

i wonder if they won't wait for a price cut then and have great bundles/deals for the holidays and hoover up some cash or will a price cut have such a major boost for the holidays it is a no brainer,what do you think Ms strategy should be

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
ethomaz said:
GT5 go from 4,633 to 3,795.

Another drop even with PS3 sales up... not compute VGC.

Is it this week (VGC week) when they released the platinum edition or the next one?

Tomorrow in real life and next week for VGC... in EMEAA of course... theses numbers (3,795) are Americas only, the EMEAA had boost last week.

http://www.game.es/

Ps3 is number two in game.es and GT5 platinum number one.

John_Doe said:
ethomaz said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
ethomaz said:
GT5 go from 4,633 to 3,795.

Another drop even with PS3 sales up... not compute VGC.

Is it this week (VGC week) when they released the platinum edition or the next one?

Tomorrow in real life and next week for VGC... in EMEAA of course... theses numbers (3,795) are Americas only, the EMEAA had boost last week.

http://www.game.es/

Ps3 is number two in game.es and GT5 platinum number one.

Fantastic news .

If 3DS stabilizes at 80+k level in the Americas I think the effect has been great, about a 250% increase. Then, after MK and Mario 3D, sales could stabilize even over 100k for some time, which would be great, but the real question is how will it perform during the holidays? It'll be there that Nintendo will need good sales to reach their big 16m projection...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Deus Ex doing decent numbers on consoles, badly on the PC...
Guess that means even less attention to PC titles from here on out from this developer.

Next week PS3 will have a very little boost with Resistance 3