By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up 3rd Sep.

spurgeonryan said:
Plus even though they are two different handhelds, 3DS and DS just mean over 100,000 in sales for Nintendo handhelds. I was surprised that Madden for the wii popped up in the top 10! Anyone know if the PS3 had a price cut in America as well?

Are you serious? It's had one for weeks now.

Around the Network

Imo the 360 price cut will come right around the launch of modern warefare 3 and the cut will come probably from kinect so 4gb 179$, 4gb + kinect 249$, 250gb 279$, the kinect bundle should be their highest seller during chrismast time

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

ethomaz said:
GT5 go from 4,633 to 3,795.

Another drop even with PS3 sales up... not compute VGC.

Probably because nobody cares about that game right now.

GT5 is still selling thousands of copies per week - it'll probably grow in sales a lot in the run-up to Christmas, so I wouldn't worry about the current sales

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

GuiltySpartan77 said:
ethomaz said:
GT5 go from 4,633 to 3,795.

Another drop even with PS3 sales up... not compute VGC.

Probably because nobody cares about that game right now.

Another who doesn't know the Gran Turismo series .

Around the Network

bleh.. what can be said here? Just depressing numbers. Wii needs the holiday season, and some games :/

Something tells me that releasing the Project Rainfall games in the US would help Wii's situation there at least a bit, but NOA is too damn stubborn for their own good. Guess I can't feel too sorry for them..

Metallicube said:

bleh.. what can be said here? Just depressing numbers. Wii needs the holiday season, and some games :/

Something tells me that releasing the Project Rainfall games in the US would help Wii's situation there at least a bit, but NOA is too damn stubborn for their own good. Guess I can't feel too sorry for them..

after seeing xenoblade's sales performance in EMEAA i'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion.

great ps3 and 3ds numbers, i helped with the ps3 sales this week. i bought 3 ps3's this past week.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

kitler53 said:
Metallicube said:

after seeing xenoblade's sales performance in EMEAA i'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion.

Then again...Wii hardware sales in EMEAA have gone up in both weeks since the game's release. Before hand they were going down Week-over-Week.

So is it just due to the season, or did Xenoblade sell a couple hundred Wiis?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

pezus said:
Mummelmann said:
Deus Ex doing decent numbers on consoles, badly on the PC...
Guess that means even less attention to PC titles from here on out from this developer.

Not if you count digital sales

In fairness, you could argue that Deus Ex showed what happens when this developer stopped focusing on the PC already as that game is a fraction of what it could have been given the horsepower available on PC.  A 3 year old PC can run it comfortably with all the bells and whistles turned on.

I personally think PC gamers shouldn't support what is frankly a port of a console game for a series that started out on PC.

Times are changing again though and in the next year we will start to see the PC gaming market rise again with new consoles just around the corner.

OT - Depressing numbers, really looking forward to the Gears/Forza numbers then we'll be in the holiday period proper.