By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Everyone should remain pure until marriage.

Ps3 said:
chocoloco said:
Ps3 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
No, that would mean that some people would already married +30 times...

And God is watching them.

Are you saying god is into voyeurism?

I'm just saying that God is watching out for the sins of everyday life.

So Taylor Swift is a dirty whore? cos I don't believe she kept her mitts off Jake Gyllenhaal.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Ps3 said:
chocoloco said:
Ps3 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

So Taylor Swift is a dirty whore? cos I don't believe she kept her mitts off Jake Gyllenhaal.

That's just cold Seece. I think he's going to kill himself.

Firstly, wearing a promise ring and being a whore aren't mutually exclusive.

Secondly, it's a very personal decision to take. I do think that society is oversexualised at the moment, and there is too much pressure forcing teenagers (even underaged teenagers) to rush into sex, but if someone feels that they are ready, and is using proper precautions, I don't see why they should wait for marriage, especially considering that so many marriages now end in divorce.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Ps3 said:
Scoobes said:
Errr... no. If two people love each other then what's marriage got to do with it? These days, getting married is just an excuse to have a big party and get a few tax breaks. If two people love each other and enter a loving relationship then who on Earth should tell them not to have sex? After all, sex is natural and shouldn't be confined to some archaic notion like marriage.

I completely disagree. Marriage is the true and sacred bond between two people who REALLY love each other. Sex is real when you're marriage IMO.

I'm sorry, but the way I'm reading that is: Two people who really love eachother need to get married, in order to prove that they do in fact love eachother, and only then can they truly make love.

Which is utterly, utterly wrong. Love is not something you need to prove to anyone, love is not something you need a contract on. Love is an emotion, you feel it and it exists with or without marriage. Love is no more real when you're married than it was before, and marriage shouldn't change the way you have sex.

TheEvilBanana said:
Got to test the milk before you buy the cow..,

Although, if you'd never had milk before, you'd never know you were getting sour milk...

I've learned from experience not to listed to bananas, particularly the evil one, but I must say I agree with this guy.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Ps3 said:
chocoloco said:
Ps3 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

They were together for such a short time. I have full confidence that Taylor wouldn't flaut her stuff because she's not a whore. Taylor doesn't have any bastard children.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Ps3 said:
Scoobes said:
Errr... no. If two people love each other then what's marriage got to do with it? These days, getting married is just an excuse to have a big party and get a few tax breaks. If two people love each other and enter a loving relationship then who on Earth should tell them not to have sex? After all, sex is natural and shouldn't be confined to some archaic notion like marriage.

I completely disagree. Marriage is the true and sacred bond between two people who REALLY love each other. Sex is real when you're marriage IMO.

So two people that are together and living together for over 10 years aren't really in love with each other? That their sex isn't "real"? On the contrary, I think it's important to have sex before you choose marriage so you can truly experience each other at your most vulnerable. I know couples who have held off on sex only to break up at a later date when they find their partner has some bizzare fetish that disturbs them.

And tell, what is the point of marriage when divorce is as common these days as having a iPhone? And what of all those marriages where the couple fall out of love or end up in abusive relationships? What about arranged or forced marriages?

Your view is an idealised one and there are a lot of "what ifs?". The important thing isn't marriage (considerring it hold little value in the modern age and is little more than a status/label), but having a loving relationship.

Sorry, no. If you want to, feel free to do so, but let people decide for themselves.

Also, what about people who are in a relationship but never get married?

Scoobes said:
Ps3 said:
Scoobes said:

So two people that are together and living together for over 10 years aren't really in love with each other? That their sex isn't "real"? On the contrary, I think it's important to have sex before you choose marriage so you can truly experience each other at your most vulnerable. I know couples who have held off on sex only to break up at a later date when they find their partner has some bizzare fetish that disturbs them.

And tell, what is the point of marriage when divorce is as common these days as having a iPhone? And what of all those marriages where the couple fall out of love or end up in abusive relationships? What about arranged or forced marriages?

Your view is an idealised one and there are a lot of "what ifs?". The important thing isn't marriage (considerring it hold little value in the modern age and is little more than a status/label), but having a loving relationship.

I'm sure they can LOVE each other, but it's not perfect. It's like putting together a puzzle with thousands of pieces and getting to the end to discover a piece is missing. Marriage just solidifies that in God's eyes that you're in love, and that your union is 100% official.

Not everyone gets divorced. You gotta fight for your love. You got to be careful who you love and who you marry. People rush into things.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

I'm sure they can LOVE each other, but it's not perfect. It's like putting together a puzzle with thousands of pieces and getting to the end to discover a piece is missing. Marriage just solidifies that in God's eyes that you're in love, and that your union is 100% official.

Not everyone gets divorced. You gotta fight for your love. You got to be careful who you love and who you marry. People rush into things.

You relaize not everyone believes in god. With that being said, not everyone has to get married, thus, discrediting your thread title