By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No mgs4 for xbox360

Its a PS3 exclusive, deal with it

Around the Network

Even if Konami did indeed say it, I believe in corporate PR as much as I believe in politicians these days.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The rumours aren't going away because companies always deny stuff like this to the last moment, and the financial realities of the situation don't look like they're suddenly about to change.

Ugh, there's no point in any of this. Even if it's just a timed exclusive, Konami would be contractually obligated to make no mention of the port until after the first version is released. We won't know what is going to happen until the PS3 version is already out. So everyone is just going to have to be patient.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

RSEagle said:
It doesn't really matter, if they don't make it multiplatform they won't make a profit on it. And yeah, the Xbox article seemed more convincing in terms of an actual source.
Doubt it; Konami said they need a million to break even if i remember correctly. If Resistance has pushed two million, theres no way MGS isnt gonna do that or more.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Even if Konami did indeed say it, I believe in corporate PR as much as I believe in politicians these days.

Like when the PS3 came out and Sony said they didn't need rumble for their controllers, a few months later: "Look we have Dualshock!".

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

This just in; Spokesperson for Sony denies having a price drop in the works, and also states that adding rumble to the PS3 sixaxis would be impossible without causing interference to the motion sensors.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

why do people care if this game is on the 360 or not mgs series is not all that great anyway in plus with all the amazing 360 games coming out this year why even care i say let this game stay on the ps3

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

RSEagle said:
It doesn't really matter, if they don't make it multiplatform they won't make a profit on it. And yeah, the Xbox article seemed more convincing in terms of an actual source.

Now, I don't know about all that. If new IP Bioshock can sell a million when the 360 had an install base of 10 million (check please), then I'm sure MGS can do the same on an install base of close to or over 10 million (assuming the PS3 has this many users by MGS4s release)

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

lol *points at the xbox HAHAHHA*

geee i hope mgs4 still comes out for my super nintendo :)