By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No mgs4 for xbox360

Dolla Dolla said:
Who to believe? Konami or everyone else?

Hard decision!

To be fair Dolla...

Trusting publishers when they claim a game is exclusive in the past has not exactly yielded the best results...

Around the Network
Sherlock99 said:
why do people care if this game is on the 360 or not mgs series is not all that great anyway in plus with all the amazing 360 games coming out this year why even care i say let this game stay on the ps3

Another "Since this game isn't on my system of choice, it's crap" statement.....I'm a fan of PS, but I hate this statement. It's no worse than many PS3 fanboys saying "Halo isn't all that great, who REALLY cares about it"

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

Bladeneo said:
RSEagle said:
It doesn't really matter, if they don't make it multiplatform they won't make a profit on it. And yeah, the Xbox article seemed more convincing in terms of an actual source.
Doubt it; Konami said they need a million to break even if i remember correctly. If Resistance has pushed two million, theres no way MGS isnt gonna do that or more.

Nope, they actually said they needed to sell a million ON THE FIRST DAY OF RELEASE to have hopes of eventually breaking even. No one really knows what Konami must be projecting beyond that. We have no idea if that was supposed to imply the combined first day of release in all territories or what, but a million on day one, off a system with an install base in the 10 million range (no one's sure of course when it will arrive) is no small feat by any stretch of the imagination. The comment that person made was actually supposed to highlight exactly how tough a challenge it would be, and lent some credence to the idea of a port for financial reasons.

Formerly Bugmenot, (mostly) I'm now reformed and adopting a more concrete persona upon ioi's request.

I'm not new here and had 147 posts to my (our) name - not that anyone noticed.

naznatips said:
Dolla Dolla said:
Who to believe? Konami or everyone else?

Hard decision!

To be fair Dolla...

Trusting publishers when they claim a game is exclusive in the past has not exactly yielded the best results...

I don't think that Konami/Square Enix can be compared to Capcom in terms of exclusives and such. Capcom have a long history of them sort of lies, Konami/S-E not so much.

@ Naz

But when a dev and publisher say the same thing, plus the creator of the game? You have to believe it.

This rumor is like a kid with ADD. You tell them to do something over and over again, and they don't do it. It's not going to be exclusive. They said it wasn't so it isn't. I just don't understand. It's like looking at the sky on a clear blue day and saying it's black, it's frickin blue! But I digress. I guess MS fanboys need something to cling onto, as the PS3 has a comprable or better first year sales than the XBOX 360.

Around the Network

Lets count 1, for 2008. Will be a lot more rumors about the same topic soon

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

MGS4 on 360 is ridiculous. Of course their not porting it to the 360, cause their making it a Wii exclusive instead. Well, probably a Wii/PS2/PSP port thing cause they still like Sony so much, but don't worry, cause just like the supposed Xbox port, there will be no change in the graphics on any of the various ports.

Killy_Blame said:
Bladeneo said:
RSEagle said:
It doesn't really matter, if they don't make it multiplatform they won't make a profit on it. And yeah, the Xbox article seemed more convincing in terms of an actual source.
Doubt it; Konami said they need a million to break even if i remember correctly. If Resistance has pushed two million, theres no way MGS isnt gonna do that or more.

Nope, they actually said they needed to sell a million ON THE FIRST DAY OF RELEASE to have hopes of eventually breaking even. No one really knows what Konami must be projecting beyond that. We have no idea if that was supposed to imply the combined first day of release in all territories or what, but a million on day one, off a system with an install base in the 10 million range (no one's sure of course when it will arrive) is no small feat by any stretch of the imagination. The comment that person made was actually supposed to highlight exactly how tough a challenge it would be, and lent some credence to the idea of a port for financial reasons.

Yeah, cuz Halo 3 only sold four million week one with an install base of 11.9 million, which the PS3 could very well be at if the June 17 date is for real. 

I think that it will definetly do a mil day one with a eleven to twelve million install base when Halo did 2.5 day one with the same install base.  But I'm maxing out for two million for first week sales. 

Linky

It's not just about making a profit like any other game. Big franchises must make massive profits or they are considered failures. If a game like MGS4 only made slight profit over development costs, Konami would be in financial ruin.

Gamerace said:
MGS4 on 360 is ridiculous. Of course their not porting it to the 360, cause their making it a Wii exclusive instead. Well, probably a Wii/PS2/PSP port thing cause they still like Sony so much, but don't worry, cause just like the supposed Xbox port, there will be no change in the graphics on any of the various ports.

Not DS?

that´s crap, we need to start a petition just like the RE5 to Wii... count my vote /end sarcasm/

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989