Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Atari announces a new Roller Coaster Tycoon game for the 3DS

Kick ass! RCT is amazing!

Retail or downloadable?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Whoaoa roller coasters!!

I feel like I've wandered into some strange bizarro land where the mail is delivered by dogs and mice chase cats. I've been gaming for probably 30 years and I've never met anyone that has even played, much less be excited for, a Tycoon game. I don’t like it here. It's scary.

*sees an elephant riding a bicycle*

Okay. I'm outta here.

mZuzek loves to pre-order

d21lewis said:
I feel like I've wandered into some strange bizarro land where the mail is delivered by dogs and mice chase cats. I've been gaming for probably 30 years and I've never met anyone that has even played, much less be excited for, a Tycoon game. I don’t like it here. It's scary.

*sees an elephant riding a bicycle*

Okay. I'm outta here.

Ain't nothing wrong with Roller Coaster Tycoon, but I agree that the rest of the "Tycoon" games were just god-awful cash-ins on the popularity of the RCT games and I don't know anyone who played them.

It could be alot worse... people could be discussing a sequel to Trailer Park Tycoon.

Yes, that's a real game, and yes, they sold it in stores.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

How many roller coaster tycoon games are there?o__O

Around the Network

I've only played one RTC game and that was back in 2003 on the pc. It was kinda fun . When I get a 3DS I might get this game if it's any good.

Uh, why not just find an old copy for PC? I loved the original game, but I would not play it on a handheld 10 years later. I also wouldn't play it in true 3D. What was ever wrong with isometric view for sims or strategy games? It's much easier.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

I hope that they make Theme Park for 3DS - I'll definitely buy it if it appears. I'm not such a big fan of RCT

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I wish they would revive the tycoon games for pc. Transport tycoon, roller coaster tycoon and railroad tycoon used to be my favorites. However they were always limited by memory limitations, small maps and easily reached maximum number of units.

The last one I played was railroad tycoon 3 in 2003. Beautiful transition to 3D but lacking in depth that the original had, and the maps were still pretty small. Roller coaster tycoon never looked good in 3D, it was too early. A new attempt should be a lot better now. Tropico 3 turned out really well in 3D.

Designing a couple of great roller coasters that loop through each other, or one with a double track with synchronized starts for a race is a welcome break from killing and blowing things up all the time.

Rollercoaster Tycoon was my favourite PC game ever, but RCT 2's expansions and RCT 3 were all a bit of a let down. I'm excited to see this for DS but I would've loved a redesign on the orignal game. Still good news