By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Atari announces a new Roller Coaster Tycoon game for the 3DS

Directly from GoNintendo, who got this from Nintendo Power:

- published by Atari
- developed by n-Space
- view coasters in 3D
- touchscreen controls
- built from the ground up with all-new assets exclusive to 3DS
- several coaster design options including suspended, hydraulic, wooden, steel and inverted
- other rides such as monorails, prebuilt kiddie rides, carousels and county fair-style attractions
- give parks themes such as haunted house and others
- handle ride construction and park maintenance
- hire and manage staff
- this includes janitors, mechanics and more
- multiple modes such as Coaster Creator and Sandbox
- built-in tutorials
- Coaster Story mode teaches you how to do everything through a series of scenarios and tutorials
- in-game adviser will hep identify in-part objectives and show players their progress
- due out in March

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!! :D

Around the Network

Man this could make me buy a 3DS if done right. I'm hoping for better graphics than that picture though,

Boutros said:
Man this could make me buy a 3DS if done right. I'm hoping for better graphics than that picture though,

Yeah, me too! And about the graphics,  its a scan from the magazine, so i think the "direct feed" looks better.

But whatever, im playing RCT 1 again and lovin again!

Yeah, I remember when the early Chinatown Wars images looked like that

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I still haven't played rollercoaster tycoon 3 :(, I'll definitely be getting this game though

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Around the Network

I'm more exited for the new Theme Park.. let the old wars from the past ignite again!

and yes it's an iPhone game..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

cool never played any of the games before but i might try this one

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Feel like popping out my rollercoaster tycoon cd out and playing ;)

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

Cool, I still have my original RCT disk... played the hell out of it back in the days of dial-up modems and Windows 98 haha!

This would have been a great game on the Wii with it's point-and-click style interface, but I guess developers were too busy making mini-game fests and fitness games to put out anything worthwhile.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NiKKoM said:

I'm more exited for the new Theme Park.. let the old wars from the past ignite again!

and yes it's an iPhone game..

Wow.... great graphic.... do want....

But still waiting for RCT 3DS and hope that it will an awesome game. I just hope that the gameplay, at least, as good as the original RCT1 PC. And who knows, maybe it's gonna be like RCT and Sim Theme Park before. RCT graphic is not that good, but the gameplay is much more than Sim Theme Park.