By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim PS3 boycott?

Legend11 said:
osamanobama said:
rf40928 said:
bevochan said:

I'm getting Dark Souls instead anyways.   Another game DLC coming to PS3 late....

There has been PLENTY of time exclusive DLC's on the PS3  as well..  So does it matter that the content comes out a month or two  later ?    I really dont think so..  To be honest time exclusive DLC is really no big deal  !!   Im just happy when I see that a multi-platform game that I want to buy will have DLC available on either console..because its much worse when DLC is only 'exclusive' DLC !  Then you cant even get it.. Dont you agree?

care to inform me of when this has happened.

i cant recall a single timed exclusive PS3 had got

L.A. Noire, Batman: Arkham Asylum. and Red Dead Redemption all had exclusive PS3 content that never came to 360.  That of course is not timed exclusive but wouldn't you agree it's far worse when the exclusive content doesn't come to other consoles at all?

Theres more then that.. Assassins Creed: Brotherhood had COMPLETELY Exclusive DLC for PS3.., so did Mafia 2 and Mirrors Edge.. all multi-plat titles that were on 360 too.. so Sony fans you have had Exclusive content.. which is better timed exclusive or completely exclusive? 

Im not asking, im making a point we need to stop complaining.. I own a 360..

Around the Network

Why to that extreme? It's only a month.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Dodece said:
I am genuinely confused by how daft some members of these forums seem. Your upset by the fact that, and please brace yourselves. Sony's delay station is going to see yet another delay. I know it is both coarse and crass of me to use that old cliche. That said from the time it was very true to today where is is hardly true. Most of you have made the choice to tolerate this for years in support of a brand loyalty.

How is your position one of merit, or remotely deserving of sympathy. Hell how is it going to have any chance at all of changing this developers mindset. By driving down sales you are going to make the platform less lucrative, and only more likely to see decreased support. Not the opposite which is what you say you want. The only way you are going to gain increased leverage is by increasing consumption. Only then will you have something to take away.

You are accounting for forty percent of the primary market, and I shudder to think about the secondary market for this developer. Collect yourself for another low blow. You aren't equal to the 360 community. So why act like you are entitled to equal treatment. This isn't a democracy money talks, and bullshit walks. You really should be grateful for what you get.

The 360 is very much the default console, and that brings with it a lot of first class perks. The PS3 is basically the other console, and that makes it a second class affair. You seated yourself so that means you can change your seat at any time you like. If this irks you so much you have a constructive choice. Either double up on consoles, or switch brands. Not sure why it has to go this far before you say hey I really hate this, but it is in no way too late to change your mind. Hell it is a good time to do just that. With the bundles that are going to be coming soon. It will actually be quite the bargain.

I just don't get it as I said. Microsoft is a software company it is in their nature to be about having the best of that they can get. Sony is a hardware company to them it is the machine. I can understand if the latter is the big deal to you personally. What I cannot understand is the whining about something that the PS3 was never all that good at to begin with. All it sounds to me like is some Microsoft minded people being shackled to another brand that is not properly tending to their needs. Shouldn't this all just be one more hint.

There are lots of elitest tone and angry tone in this post.  My original post wasn't that serious. 

Most games (except few FPSs) sell about 60%-40% in the US and gets close to 50-50 overall after adding in Europe/Other.  Currently the preorder for Skyrim in North America is 75-25 (375K (xbox) to 125K (PS3)).  I hope this stays like this.  I'm not getting this game......  I rather spend my time reading a book or actually going outside or watching lots of football in the fall....

@bevochan

Your original post was hardly worthy of attention. In that you said next to nothing. My response was not directed at you specifically. I was commenting on the ongoing conversation. Whenever I respond to someone directly I will address them by name. Even if their post was the preceding post. My tone was neither elitist or angry. I am always fast and ruthless when it comes to calling out bullshit.

Please reference the sales tracker. Your analysis is not even remotely relevant in this case. Firstly the differential I cited is global. Secondly these titles performed about the same for both platforms in markets that are outside of North America. Generalities do not make for good counter points. Neither does citing reservation numbers for this title. You do understand that they are a poor indicator of final sales. The fact of the matter seems to be one of 360 owners being more willing to reserve. Rather then this indicating what the demand is like on the PS3 for this game.

Lastly who cares what game your going to buy. You act as if yours is the only wallet on the planet. Your little old boycott is going to have zero effect on this games sales, because and you may shocked to discover this. Most of the worlds consumers are nowhere near as petty as you seem to be. They aren't going to give a fuck about this delay. Just like they didn't give a fuck the other hundred times it has happened to them this generation.

I do not understand where your vehement hate is coming from to be honest. It seems like so much overkill. The only thing that I gather is you were very excited for this game at some point, and a very twisted brand loyalty will now cause you to hurt yourself. I feel kind of bad for you.

nothing beats the PC version of skyrim

Around the Network

Have fun Boycotting.........While Ill be getting m dragon slaying on with my 360

Ajescent said:
Didn't From say they weren't gonna make DLCs for Dark Souls? Isn't it sad how a game not having DLCs is considered the exception not the rule?

As Jay520 pointed out, DLCs have their proper place and use. I don't mind them at all as a means of expanding the playing experience.

What I don't like is when DLC is planned and even produced before the game releases with the sole purpose of milking more money out of us a month after the game is released. If the DLC is done prior to the game launching, it should be part of the game to begin with and not extra.

DLC should be demanded by fans, then created to fill that demand.

nightsurge said:
Ajescent said:
Didn't From say they weren't gonna make DLCs for Dark Souls? Isn't it sad how a game not having DLCs is considered the exception not the rule?

As Jay520 pointed out, DLCs have their proper place and use. I don't mind them at all as a means of expanding the playing experience.

What I don't like is when DLC is planned and even produced before the game releases with the sole purpose of milking more money out of us a month after the game is released. If the DLC is done prior to the game launching, it should be part of the game to begin with and not extra.

DLC should be demanded by fans, then created to fill that demand.

Agreed.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Even if Skyrim DLC weren't exclusive firs to xbox360, there are too many games coming out sept-nov that skyrim wouldn't even be in my first 10 purchases.  Not enough time to play all these games: Uncharted 3, Dead Island, Batman, Dark Souls, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, Rocksmith, Rage, Resistance 3, MW3, ICO/Shadow of Colossus, and Metal Gear Peace Walker HD before I would pickup Skyrim.  I may never play it.

Why would ANYONE want to boycott Skyrim.