By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim PS3 boycott?

enditall727 said:
Ajescent said:
It's only a month delay and besides, isn't Skyrim due next year?

o_O! are you being serious? lol

11.11.11 or 11.1.11 cant remember

skyrim is 11.11.11 and uncharted 3 11.1.11.

to answer whether I will join the thread creator. nope, oblivion wasn't realised until after the 360 if I remeber correctly but I think that was because the ps3 wasn't out yet or they were having some problem or something. fallout 3 and new vegas, the ps3 versions had to wait for a while after the 360 version for dlc. so what I am saying is kind of exspected this to happen, and it is one of the games I am most excited for this year the other being out just 10 days before it.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

Around the Network

So we are supposed to boycott the PS3 version and buy the 360 version proving them that timed exclusive DLC is worth it? brilliant idea!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Should just boycott all DLC. Just an excuse for developers to ship unfinished products to nickel and dime you for the extra content.

like others have said, I will also wait for several months till the price drop to $19 CAD.

i will get Dark Souls when its released, i dont think i will get skyrim this year.

Around the Network
bevochan said:

I'm getting Dark Souls instead anyways.   Another game DLC coming to PS3 late....

There has been PLENTY of time exclusive DLC's on the PS3  as well..  So does it matter that the content comes out a month or two  later ?    I really dont think so..  To be honest time exclusive DLC is really no big deal  !!   Im just happy when I see that a multi-platform game that I want to buy will have DLC available on either console..because its much worse when DLC is only 'exclusive' DLC !  Then you cant even get it.. Dont you agree?

Wagram said:
Should just boycott all DLC. Just an excuse for developers to ship unfinished products to nickel and dime you for the extra content.

I dunno.. I think DLC is a nice way to keep adding content till the next disc comes out.. besides Id think most people dont care if they get the DLC alittle later ?  I mean timed exclusive DLC is something thats happened on PS3 as well..  getting DLC later is not a deal breaker when the game looks good !

rf40928 said:
Wagram said:

I dunno.. I think DLC is a nice way to keep adding content till the next disc comes out.. besides Id think most people dont care if they get the DLC alittle later ?  I mean timed exclusive DLC is something thats happened on PS3 as well..  getting DLC later is not a deal breaker when the game looks good !

I wish I could say the same. Though I have always been against DLC. Timed exclusitivity has no impact on my stance of it.

Never planned on getting Skyrim. I HATE WRPGs.
I'm definitely getting Dark Souls though. It's a JRPG right?

rf40928 said:
Wagram said:

Which games have timed-exclusive DLC on PS3? I can't think of any.

Microsoft has all the big ones. Call of Duty/Homefront/Elder Scrolls/Fallout...etc.....etc