By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim PS3 boycott?

I am genuinely confused by how daft some members of these forums seem. Your upset by the fact that, and please brace yourselves. Sony's delay station is going to see yet another delay. I know it is both coarse and crass of me to use that old cliche. That said from the time it was very true to today where is is hardly true. Most of you have made the choice to tolerate this for years in support of a brand loyalty.

How is your position one of merit, or remotely deserving of sympathy. Hell how is it going to have any chance at all of changing this developers mindset. By driving down sales you are going to make the platform less lucrative, and only more likely to see decreased support. Not the opposite which is what you say you want. The only way you are going to gain increased leverage is by increasing consumption. Only then will you have something to take away.

You are accounting for forty percent of the primary market, and I shudder to think about the secondary market for this developer. Collect yourself for another low blow. You aren't equal to the 360 community. So why act like you are entitled to equal treatment. This isn't a democracy money talks, and bullshit walks. You really should be grateful for what you get.

The 360 is very much the default console, and that brings with it a lot of first class perks. The PS3 is basically the other console, and that makes it a second class affair. You seated yourself so that means you can change your seat at any time you like. If this irks you so much you have a constructive choice. Either double up on consoles, or switch brands. Not sure why it has to go this far before you say hey I really hate this, but it is in no way too late to change your mind. Hell it is a good time to do just that. With the bundles that are going to be coming soon. It will actually be quite the bargain.

I just don't get it as I said. Microsoft is a software company it is in their nature to be about having the best of that they can get. Sony is a hardware company to them it is the machine. I can understand if the latter is the big deal to you personally. What I cannot understand is the whining about something that the PS3 was never all that good at to begin with. All it sounds to me like is some Microsoft minded people being shackled to another brand that is not properly tending to their needs. Shouldn't this all just be one more hint.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Never planned on getting Skyrim. I HATE WRPGs.
I'm definitely getting Dark Souls though. It's a JRPG right?

Ehhh, if it's anything like it's predecessor, no.  But not a WRPG either.  It's in a rather unique category of RPGs.

VGKing said:
Never planned on getting Skyrim. I HATE WRPGs.
I'm definitely getting Dark Souls though. It's a JRPG right?

lol. this post is too funny.

OT: I doubt cares. DLC for a game thats 300 hours long can be extended for a 6 months and it wouldnt matter.

this is desperate DLC

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Wagram said:
Should just boycott all DLC. Just an excuse for developers to ship unfinished products to nickel and dime you for the extra content.

I think you have problem with the devs, not dlc in general. dlc can work really well when the game IS finished and the dlc is actually extra content, as opposed to content that should have been in the actual game. When that is the, I think dlc is great. It gives devs a chance to create & sell content to demanding consumers, without affecting consumers who don'tcare for it.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
I am genuinely confused by how daft some members of these forums seem. Your upset by the fact that, and please brace yourselves. Sony's delay station is going to see yet another delay. I know it is both coarse and crass of me to use that old cliche. That said from the time it was very true to today where is is hardly true. Most of you have made the choice to tolerate this for years in support of a brand loyalty.

How is your position one of merit, or remotely deserving of sympathy. Hell how is it going to have any chance at all of changing this developers mindset. By driving down sales you are going to make the platform less lucrative, and only more likely to see decreased support. Not the opposite which is what you say you want. The only way you are going to gain increased leverage is by increasing consumption. Only then will you have something to take away.

You are accounting for forty percent of the primary market, and I shudder to think about the secondary market for this developer. Collect yourself for another low blow. You aren't equal to the 360 community. So why act like you are entitled to equal treatment. This isn't a democracy money talks, and bullshit walks. You really should be grateful for what you get.

The 360 is very much the default console, and that brings with it a lot of first class perks. The PS3 is basically the other console, and that makes it a second class affair. You seated yourself so that means you can change your seat at any time you like. If this irks you so much you have a constructive choice. Either double up on consoles, or switch brands. Not sure why it has to go this far before you say hey I really hate this, but it is in no way too late to change your mind. Hell it is a good time to do just that. With the bundles that are going to be coming soon. It will actually be quite the bargain.

I just don't get it as I said. Microsoft is a software company it is in their nature to be about having the best of that they can get. Sony is a hardware company to them it is the machine. I can understand if the latter is the big deal to you personally. What I cannot understand is the whining about something that the PS3 was never all that good at to begin with. All it sounds to me like is some Microsoft minded people being shackled to another brand that is not properly tending to their needs. Shouldn't this all just be one more hint.

I typically agree with what you say. This post continues that trend

rf40928 said:
bevochan said:

I'm getting Dark Souls instead anyways.   Another game DLC coming to PS3 late....

There has been PLENTY of time exclusive DLC's on the PS3  as well..  So does it matter that the content comes out a month or two  later ?    I really dont think so..  To be honest time exclusive DLC is really no big deal  !!   Im just happy when I see that a multi-platform game that I want to buy will have DLC available on either console..because its much worse when DLC is only 'exclusive' DLC !  Then you cant even get it.. Dont you agree?

care to inform me of when this has happened.

i cant recall a single timed exclusive PS3 had got

osamanobama said:
rf40928 said:
bevochan said:

I'm getting Dark Souls instead anyways.   Another game DLC coming to PS3 late....

There has been PLENTY of time exclusive DLC's on the PS3  as well..  So does it matter that the content comes out a month or two  later ?    I really dont think so..  To be honest time exclusive DLC is really no big deal  !!   Im just happy when I see that a multi-platform game that I want to buy will have DLC available on either console..because its much worse when DLC is only 'exclusive' DLC !  Then you cant even get it.. Dont you agree?

L.A. Noire, Batman: Arkham Asylum. and Red Dead Redemption all had exclusive PS3 content that never came to 360.  That of course is not timed exclusive but wouldn't you agree it's far worse when the exclusive content doesn't come to other consoles at all?

Legend11 said:
osamanobama said:
rf40928 said:
bevochan said:

L.A. Noire, Batman: Arkham Asylum. and Red Dead Redemption all had exclusive PS3 content that never came to 360.  That of course is not timed exclusive but wouldn't you agree it's far worse when the exclusive content doesn't come to other consoles at all?

i was pointing out that those were are exclusive, not just timed. i dont see the point in something being timed, just seems dumb.

VGKing said:
rf40928 said:
Wagram said:
Should just boycott all DLC. Just an excuse for developers to ship unfinished products to nickel and dime you for the extra content.

I dunno.. I think DLC is a nice way to keep adding content till the next disc comes out.. besides Id think most people dont care if they get the DLC alittle later ?  I mean timed exclusive DLC is something thats happened on PS3 as well..  getting DLC later is not a deal breaker when the game looks good !

Which games have timed-exclusive DLC on PS3? I can't think of any.

Microsoft has all the big ones. Call of Duty/Homefront/Elder Scrolls/Fallout...etc.....etc

gotta be honest I read someone else had said Sony had some 'timed exclusive DLC' other then that I dont know.. I only had personally read in the past about Sony having EXCLUSIVE DLC in games like Assasins Creed, Mirrors edge, and Mafia 2 ( games like these that are on both PS3/360 consoles ).. So Sony had had plenty of EXCLUSIVE DLC.. 'even if it wasnt time exclusive DLC '.. Exclusive DLC has an obvious edge of timed DLC....To me 'some'  Sony fans are getting upset over  Oblivions 'timed exclusive DLC' over nothing ..  it may sound naive, but I wondered if timed DLC was due to the 360 being easier to code for.. might sound proposterous.. but time exclusive DLC is nothing to boycott a game over..its just coming out later.. Im sure XB360 fans weren't thrilled about Exclusive content on games like Assasins Creed.. but you know what ? Thats the way it goes..