By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Report) Nintendo planning a big announcement at September 13th

Carl2291 said:
Soriku said:

Except it's not SE's decision...

Just saw this.

Can you explain? How is it not SE's decision where the game ends up? I'd like to know.

Yuji Horii's decision specifically. Wada and the higher-ups have very little decisionmaking power therein

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Yuji Horii's decision specifically. Wada and the higher-ups have very little decisionmaking power therein

Thanks.

Something that happened when the SE merger happened? He held sole power of DQ?

i know kingdom hearts 3 exclusively for the 3DS ;)

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Carl2291 said:
Mr Khan said:

Thanks.

Something that happened when the SE merger happened? He held sole power of DQ?

Unsure. Soriku will know

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Carl2291 said:
morenoingrato said:

If this is for helping Japan SW in 2011, it would be a terrible move by Nintendo.

It would just reduce the hype for the "smaller" 3D Mario and make the Japannesse hype and focus move to the more loved 2D Mario.

And Monster Hunter, you heard it here first

Wait? Nintendo making a terrible decision? You're obviously right and it's never going to happen. And of course, NSMB3DS will release oh so close to Super Mario 3D Land.

¬_¬

As for Monster Hunter. I doubt it. I don't see why Nintendo would go through the trouble of a mini pre-TGS conference to announce a (probably multiplat) 3rd party game for the system.

Actually it seems like is real...

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=159727

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

Guys, there's no way that they'd announce Monster Hunter 3DS at a small conference thing - it's gotta be Pokemon

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Hopefully a reboot of the 3DS and going back to the drawing board with the Wii U. Maybe even some motion plus games announced for Wii, but that might be pushing my luck..

Metallicube said:

Hopefully a reboot of the 3DS and going back to the drawing board with the Wii U. Maybe even some motion plus games announced for Wii, but that might be pushing my luck..

Let's assume there will be a reboot (I assume you mean revision) of the 3DS sooner rather than later - do you see that as being ready (including testing and production) in time for the holidays? I don't, and  so I can't imagine them shooting themselves in the leg (killing holiday sales) by announcing it at this point.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

The biggest title I could assume they would reveal would be a Pokemon title for 3DS from GameFreak. Grey version or such. This announcement would boost sales of 3DS and drive stocks higher. But considering Nintendo already announced SmashBros a title big enough to make this sort of a splash would have to be from one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. Not to mention for Nintendo to announce it , it would have to be a title nearly finished and ready for next year.

I think Nintendo is bringing out every gun it has to try and regroup and regain investor confidence as well as boost 3DS sales. So expect every title they have in development to be revealed as soon as possible or even announced early in development. I wouldn't be suprised to see AAA+ titles from established franchises flowing in 2012. Nintendo is going to use everything it has to regain consumer and investor confidence!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Carl2291 said:
Okay so it's for 3DS.

Pokemon Grey
New Super Mario Bros. 3DS

Either of them, and Nintendo have a winner.

It could be this, 13th September 1985 was the release date of the original Super Mario Bros. or maybe it's just a coincidence?