By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movies that have made a Profit and Movies that do Not> THREAD.Evil Dead series and the Star Trek Movies:

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
Boutros said:
The $250 million for HP was for Part 1 and 2 btw.

Yeah I forgot about that. Thank you. That is really good for the kind of project that it was! Some movies these days cost that by themselves!

Yeah Seece I had a table at first (not very good with them as I have never done them here before) but each time I wrote something in it the row would stretch out instead of staying the size I had it like it would in Excel.  Thanks for the advice!

Yeah years later most movies, even Cleopatra and Water World will make money. I guess I will just hold it to theater and DVD sales. The companies can do the hard work of making money later on. Although there are a lot of "B" movies that you will probably never see again even on tv that cost a good amount of money  to make.

Thanks for the feedback, this was the first one like this I tried, so its nice to see how it was.

Yeah I know the table stretchs and it's annoying, just have to perserver though

Around the Network

BTW, you can pull DVD sales data from the-numbers.com which may help add a bit of into to any data sets.

I can assure you C&A is an abysmal bomb. It may reach $150m once everything is said and done. Given the 55/45 split, its likely that the movie will take years to reach parity if ever. Although I do imagine the movie will get a lot of play on 2nd-tier networks like SyFy in a few years.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Very nice on Back to the Future, never knew about the animated series. Judging by how it looks, well LOL.

Have you got numbers from Terminator series, besides those on Box Office Mojo?

Seece said:
spurgeonryan said:
Boutros said:

Yeah I forgot about that. Thank you. That is really good for the kind of project that it was! Some movies these days cost that by themselves!

Yeah Seece I had a table at first (not very good with them as I have never done them here before) but each time I wrote something in it the row would stretch out instead of staying the size I had it like it would in Excel.  Thanks for the advice!

Yeah years later most movies, even Cleopatra and Water World will make money. I guess I will just hold it to theater and DVD sales. The companies can do the hard work of making money later on. Although there are a lot of "B" movies that you will probably never see again even on tv that cost a good amount of money  to make.

Thanks for the feedback, this was the first one like this I tried, so its nice to see how it was.

Does it go back to the right shape when your done as long as you don't go past the cell or row length? I would love to use it , it just scared me off at first.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Seece said:
spurgeonryan said:
Boutros said:

Does it go back to the right shape when your done as long as you don't go past the cell or row length? I would love to use it , it just scared me off at first.

They even out but the overall width remains the same (about 7/8 inchs)

mrstickball said:
BTW, you can pull DVD sales data from the-numbers.com which may help add a bit of into to any data sets.

I can assure you C&A is an abysmal bomb. It may reach $150m once everything is said and done. Given the 55/45 split, its likely that the movie will take years to reach parity if ever. Although I do imagine the movie will get a lot of play on 2nd-tier networks like SyFy in a few years.

http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/annual/2011.php

Yeah that is where I get my information, and when you email them they will get back to you in a day if you have a question for something that is not on the site.

We will have to see if overseas cares about it at all. Harrison and Craig may get people to watch it, and there are aliens.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Seece said:
spurgeonryan said:
Seece said:
spurgeonryan said:
Boutros said:

They even out but the overall width remains the same (about 7/8 inchs)

Thanks for the info! I will use that from now on.

ruimartiniman said:

Production Budget $6,400,000 for the first movie.

It seemed to have come out in West Germany:$2,556,459 (West Germany) ( 1985)

Then Germany in 1991 and 85, kind of interesting since they were two different entities at the time!$436,055 (Germany) ( 1991)
$2,992,514 (Germany)

Each movie had a game, plus there was other spin offs including RoboCop vs. the Terminator.

Terminator Salvation probably broke even in the theaters, although the 200 million budget probably had a sizeable ad campaign as well. Here is the DVD sales.

Released on DVD: December 1, 2009
DVD Units Sold: 2,350,332
Consumer Spending: $29,669,511
Production Budget $200,000,000
MPAA Rating PG-13 For intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and language
International Distribution Rights (Sony): $100,000,000
US Distribution Rights (Warner Bros.): $60,000,000

Sorry for the bad editing, but the production budget down is all the cost that the last movie incurred while in theaters! Maybe it didn't do as good as we though!

The Tv show has shown in  many countries:

Country Network
 Argentina Warner Channel
Australia FOX8
 Austria ORF1
 Belarus Channel One
Belgium 2BE
 Bolivia Warner Channel
Brazil Warner Channel, SBT
Brunei STAR World
Bulgaria Nova Television
Cambodia STAR World
Canada Space
 Chile Warner Channel
 Colombia Warner Channel
 Costa Rica Warner Channel
Cyprus LTV
Czech Republic Prima Cool
Denmark Kanal 4
 Dominican Republic Warner Channel
 Ecuador Warner Channel
 El Salvador Warner Channel
Estonia Kanal 11
Finland MTV3
France M6
Germany Sat.1
Greece Star Channel
 Guatemala Warner Channel
 Honduras Warner Channel
 Hong Kong STAR World
Hungary RTL Klub
 Iceland Stöð 2
India Zee Café
 Indonesia STAR World
Ireland RTÉ Two
Israel HOT Zone
Italy Steel, Italia 1
Japan WOWOW
 Kazakhstan Channel One
 Kenya Kenya Television Network
 Latvia TV3
 Lithuania TV3
Macedonia A1
Malaysia STAR World
 Mexico Warner Channel
Netherlands Veronica
 New Zealand TV 2
 Nicaragua Warner Channel
Norway TVNorge
 Pakistan STAR World
 Panama Warner Channel
 Paraguay Warner Channel
 Peru Warner Channel
 Philippines Jack TV
Studio 23
Poland TVN (Poland)
Portugal RTP2
 Puerto Rico Warner Channel
Romania Pro TV, PRO Cinema
Russia Channel One
Serbia TV Avala
 Singapore STAR World
Slovenia Kanal A
South Africa M-net
Spain Fox
Sweden Kanal 5
 Taiwan STAR World
 Thailand STAR World
Turkey CNBC-e
Ukraine 1+1
Inter
United Arab Emirates Fox Series
OSN First
United Kingdom Virgin 1
United States Fox
Syfy
 Uruguay Warner Channel
Saeta TV
 Venezuela Warner Channel

spurgeonryan said:
ruimartiniman said:

Production Budget $6,400,000 for the first movie.

It seemed to have come out in West Germany:$2,556,459 (West Germany) ( 1985)

Then Germany in 1991 and 85, kind of interesting since they were two different entities at the time!$436,055 (Germany) ( 1991)
$2,992,514 (Germany)

Each movie had a game, plus there was other spin offs including RoboCop vs. the Terminator.

Terminator Salvation probably broke even in the theaters, although the 200 million budget probably had a sizeable ad campaign as well. Here is the DVD sales.

Released on DVD: December 1, 2009
DVD Units Sold: 2,350,332
Consumer Spending: $29,669,511
Production Budget $200,000,000
MPAA Rating PG-13 For intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and language
International Distribution Rights (Sony): $100,000,000
US Distribution Rights (Warner Bros.): $60,000,000

Sorry for the bad editing, but the production budget down is all the cost that the last movie incurred while in theaters! Maybe it didn't do as good as we though!

The Tv show has shown in  many countries:

Country Network
 Argentina Warner Channel
Australia FOX8
 Austria ORF1
 Belarus Channel One
Belgium 2BE
 Bolivia Warner Channel
Brazil Warner Channel, SBT
Brunei STAR World
Bulgaria Nova Television
Cambodia STAR World