By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Xenoblade push you to mod your Wii?

Tagged games:

Did you mod your Wii?

Yes 51 41.46%

No 30 24.39%

See results 42 34.15%

Total:123

I wish I knew how to use Dolphin. I probably would play it on that.

Around the Network

I've had my Wii modded for several months, although if I hadn't this probably would have pushed me to it. And like I said in the other thread, I don't pirate.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

I have no need to, but if I was American and had a Wii, I wouldn't hesitate to hack it, so I voted "yes".

After being a good Wii owner since launch I modded mine as soon as I saw Nintendo has zitch announced past Mario Sports Mix and having seen the 18 month GC drought prior to Wii, I saw the writing on the wall and assumed Wii2 has imminent and Nintendo would drop Wii support altogether so it was time to get those imports I always wanted. Sadly Disaster and Another Code weren't worth it but Xenoblade diff is!
I must say, while not great, Kirby and Zelda SS, RH, & MP9 (and Rayman, MW3 and some other 3rd party) are a much better end to Wii than what GC had. Add imports of TLS and PT and I'm really quite a happy Wii owner now.

Gamerace said:
After being a good Wii owner since launch I modded mine as soon as I saw Nintendo has zitch announced past Mario Sports Mix and having seen the 18 month GC drought prior to Wii, I saw the writing on the wall and assumed Wii2 has imminent and Nintendo would drop Wii support altogether so it was time to get those imports I always wanted. Sadly Disaster and Another Code weren't worth it but Xenoblade diff is!
I must say, while not great, Kirby and Zelda SS, RH, & MP9 (and Rayman, MW3 and some other 3rd party) are a much better end to Wii than what GC had. Add imports of TLS and PT and I'm really quite a happy Wii owner now.

don't forget to import NPC Pikmin 2!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
Wagram said:

This.

Can anyone tell me if it will run on my laptop?  I have an i7 with 8GBs of RAM, but unfortunately an Intel graphics card. It runs TF2 @ 1280x960 close to 60 fps, so it's not a total piece of crap.

PhalanxCO said:
Wagram said:

This.

Can anyone tell me if it will run on my laptop?  I have an i7 with 8GBs of RAM, but unfortunately an Intel graphics card. It runs TF2 @ 1280x960 close to 60 fps, so it's not a total piece of crap.

definitely not without a decent graphics card. Also Dolphin is very CPU heavy, chances are a laptop i7 (I'm guessing sub 2.0 GHz?) wouldn't cut it for most games. Maybe some older ones at lower settings. Another thing to remember is that it only supports dual cores, so four cores are useless here. If you can get some kind of utility that can directly control your Turbo Boost so that the cpu has only two cores working at a higher clock then it might be worth it to install Dolphin (after you upgrade your GPU that is).

the original trolls

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

gumby_trucker said:
PhalanxCO said:
Wagram said:

This.

definitely not without a decent graphics card. Also Dolphin is very CPU heavy, chances are a laptop i7 (I'm guessing sub 2.0 GHz?) wouldn't cut it for most games. Maybe some older ones at lower settings. Another thing to remember is that it only supports dual cores, so four cores are useless here. If you can get some kind of utility that can directly control your Turbo Boost so that the cpu has only two cores working at a higher clock then it might be worth it to install Dolphin (after you upgrade your GPU that is).

It's an M620 @2.67GHz and I don't think the GPU is upgradable.  Even it it were, it's a company laptop and I doubt modifying the hardware would go over too well with my boss.

PhalanxCO said:
gumby_trucker said:
PhalanxCO said:
Wagram said:

This.

It's an M620 @2.67GHz and I don't think the GPU is upgradable.  Even it it were, it's a company laptop and I doubt modifying the hardware would go over too well with my boss.

oh, cool. Mine is an older 720QM but yours is more suitable for something like Dolphin being dual core and higher clocked. Still, without at least a decent GPU I don't think it would be worth your trouble.

the original trolls

No because I live in England, got my copy of Xenoblade today. I have 1 normal Wii and a black Wii that has been modded so that I can play games like Monster Hunter G (Jap Only)...