By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Xenoblade push you to mod your Wii?

Tagged games:

Did you mod your Wii?

Yes 51 41.46%

No 30 24.39%

See results 42 34.15%

Total:123

yup modded my wii last nite i should have modded it long time ago being that i have the japanese version of tatsunoko vs capcom for over a year now and never got to test it out compared to the american version...now what are some good online shops to import games from?

Around the Network
Baddman said:
yup modded my wii last nite i should have modded it long time ago being that i have the japanese version of tatsunoko vs capcom for over a year now and never got to test it out compared to the american version...now what are some good online shops to import games from?

Check ebay first, then price compare to sites like playasia.com or shopto.com.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Day 11 that it didn't show up. If it doesn't come tomorrow there is a good chance it's going to get lost with the upcoming hurricane.

Also i'm tinkering with Dolphin. :)

gumby_trucker said:
Metallicube said:

It was actually Zengeki that pushed me to do it, but Xenoblade has definitly reinforced my decision to. If NOA won't give me these games, I gotta take matters into my own hands.

How is Zangeki?

Incidentally, while I answered "yes" I actually imported NPC Pikmin 2 before XB as I modded my Wii in June. It was basically my "test" game to see that I could play PAL Wii games on my setup (only tried PAL GC games before that) and suffice it to say it's another gem that is totally worth modding your Wii for!

It's pretty cool, nothing spectacular, but really it's just refreshing to play a game that actually uses motion plus, and it uses it pretty well. I gotta say it's very satisfying to use the bow and arrow. Sword is fun too but it seems like half the time you slash too far offscreen and it doesn't register. Overall it's a fun little arcade-style hack and slash game. I just with I could read Japanese so I knew what the hell I was doing in the game.

Metallicube said:
gumby_trucker said:
Metallicube said:

It was actually Zengeki that pushed me to do it, but Xenoblade has definitly reinforced my decision to. If NOA won't give me these games, I gotta take matters into my own hands.

How is Zangeki?

Incidentally, while I answered "yes" I actually imported NPC Pikmin 2 before XB as I modded my Wii in June. It was basically my "test" game to see that I could play PAL Wii games on my setup (only tried PAL GC games before that) and suffice it to say it's another gem that is totally worth modding your Wii for!

It's pretty cool, nothing spectacular, but really it's just refreshing to play a game that actually uses motion plus, and it uses it pretty well. I gotta say it's very satisfying to use the bow and arrow. Sword is fun too but it seems like half the time you slash too far offscreen and it doesn't register. Overall it's a fun little arcade-style hack and slash game. I just with I could read Japanese so I knew what the hell I was doing in the game.

cool, thanks for the detailed reply. How much would you say is it worth spending on it? Also, are you able to play it online with a modded Wii?

Any other cool imports I should be looking at? (currently I only have NPC Pikmin 2 and XB). Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to importing

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
gumby_trucker said:
Metallicube said:
gumby_trucker said:
Metallicube said:

How is Zangeki?

cool, thanks for the detailed reply. How much would you say is it worth spending on it? Also, are you able to play it online with a modded Wii?

Any other cool imports I should be looking at? (currently I only have NPC Pikmin 2 and XB). Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to importing

I haven't tried too much, but the few times I've attempted it so far it hasn't seemed to pick up a connection so far, it just keeps searching. So I'm not sure if it just doesn't work in general or if it simply takes awhile to connect because of the distance/lack of players. I should probably try some more though, Zangeki online would be really sweet. I'm sure there's some way to make it work but I haven't figured it out yet.

Not too sure about imports either, as I haven't really been using the homebrew for that long (at least for playing actual Wii games), and the games I have downloaded have been US besides Zangeki. But the ones that look good to me and will probably check out are Xenoblade, Fatal Frame 4, Disaster, and Captain Rainbow.

I'm waiting to see what NoA does with the rest of this year. If things don't get better and The Last Story and/or Xenoblade aren't announced by the end of this year I will consider modding it.

Metallicube said:

I haven't tried too much, but the few times I've attempted it so far it hasn't seemed to pick up a connection so far, it just keeps searching. So I'm not sure if it just doesn't work in general or if it simply takes awhile to connect because of the distance/lack of players. I should probably try some more though, Zangeki online would be really sweet. I'm sure there's some way to make it work but I haven't figured it out yet.

Not too sure about imports either, as I haven't really been using the homebrew for that long (at least for playing actual Wii games), and the games I have downloaded have been US besides Zangeki. But the ones that look good to me and will probably check out are Xenoblade, Fatal Frame 4, Disaster, and Captain Rainbow.

Fatal Frame 4 is one I'm looking out for because of the translation, as is Captain Rainbow (I hope they finish the translation on that one as well).

I may get Zangeki, have to see what it's going for. May I recommend NPC Pikmin 2 if you haven't played it on GC already? Such an excellently executed game!

the original trolls

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

gumby_trucker said:
Metallicube said:

Fatal Frame 4 is one I'm looking out for because of the translation, as is Captain Rainbow (I hope they finish the translation on that one as well).

I may get Zangeki, have to see what it's going for. May I recommend NPC Pikmin 2 if you haven't played it on GC already? Such an excellently executed game!

I'll probably check out Pikmin 2 at some point. I had a lot of fun with the first one on the Cube. So does the Wii controls work well for it? Seems like it would be a great fit. Also how is Xenoblade? worth the hype? I heard it doesn't really use motion controls which was kind of a buzzkill, but still looks like a solid game regardless. Plus Wii is starving for an RPG like this with some depth.

Oh, and I missed your question regarding the worth of Zangeki.. So I've seen it running at upwards of $70 to buy the import, which to me is definitly not worth it, epecially considering the risk of it not working because of region lock. Apparently there are some loaders like Gecko os that allow for region free games, but I wouldn't take the risk.  I'd jsay ust try to download and play it using usb loader or something if you have the means.

Metallicube said:

I'll probably check out Pikmin 2 at some point. I had a lot of fun with the first one on the Cube. So does the Wii controls work well for it? Seems like it would be a great fit. Also how is Xenoblade? worth the hype? I heard it doesn't really use motion controls which was kind of a buzzkill, but still looks like a solid game regardless. Plus Wii is starving for an RPG like this with some depth.

Oh, and I missed your question regarding the worth of Zangeki.. So I've seen it running at upwards of $70 to buy the import, which to me is definitly not worth it, epecially considering the risk of it not working because of region lock. Apparently there are some loaders like Gecko os that allow for region free games, but I wouldn't take the risk.  I'd jsay ust try to download and play it using usb loader or something if you have the means.

Pikmin 2 you should definitely get. I can't say a bad word about that game, and the pointer controls feel like a natural fit to me (haven't played the original).

Xenoblade I am also expecting to be a memorable experience, but alas, my copy is still in the mail...

and $70!? I don't think there exists a game I would pay that much to play... I'll see if I can maybe find someone I know to look for it in Japan on their next visit..

the original trolls