By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS4 should have Move packed in (along with the Dualshock)

Xxain said:
IseeLight said:

Xxain said:

of course its making profit! its 80bucks! ... it was makin profit right out the door, but that doesn't make it successful. Move has not integrated into enough games to be relevant.. yea every now and then a 3rd or 1st party can will use but nowhere near kinect levels.

Move is compatible (ie integrated) in 53 games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_compatible_with_PlayStation_Move

Kinect is compatible (ie integrated) in 32 games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kinect_games

So yeah no idea what you are talking about, Kinect just has more advertisement.

We are still not on the same page mainly to by the numbers.. Let me try again .. Haven you noticed has critically and comercially more successful then Move? in those 53 games how many ppl are using move, or are even interested? .. how many ppl in those 32 games are using kinect? oh I know...all of them! Think of the balance board by NINTENDO it sold a shit load by how many ppl outside Wiifit use the balance? not even NINTENDO does anything with balance board anymore! there failures because there full potential will not relized due to the company and 3rd parties not doing anything with it. you sell as many peripherals as you want but if they aren't being used SONY has done a bad job at keeping up with Move very similarly to how they treated the PSP not tlong ago

You said intergrated, so it seems to me you are just changing your arguement. I'll try to make this clear, a big part of moves potential is working with full feldge existing games and being an alternate control scheme. Kinect does not share that potential, Kinect games are mostly crap, people bought kinect on hype and advertisement and MS pretty much lied about it's potential, nothing better is comming, and when all is said and done Kinect is going to be the failure. Right now you are just following the media, media says kinect is better then move because it sold so fast so you believe it and ignore the actual games. How many people are playing the games that you don't need move to play with move? I don't know, nobody does but why don't you tell me what kinect games in your opinion are worth playing and why. 

Around the Network
IseeLight said:
Xxain said:
IseeLight said:

Xxain said:

of course its making profit! its 80bucks! ... it was makin profit right out the door, but that doesn't make it successful. Move has not integrated into enough games to be relevant.. yea every now and then a 3rd or 1st party can will use but nowhere near kinect levels.

Move is compatible (ie integrated) in 53 games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_compatible_with_PlayStation_Move

Kinect is compatible (ie integrated) in 32 games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kinect_games

We are still not on the same page mainly to by the numbers.. Let me try again .. Haven you noticed has critically and comercially more successful then Move? in those 53 games how many ppl are using move, or are even interested? .. how many ppl in those 32 games are using kinect? oh I know...all of them! Think of the balance board by NINTENDO it sold a shit load by how many ppl outside Wiifit use the balance? not even NINTENDO does anything with balance board anymore! there failures because there full potential will not relized due to the company and 3rd parties not doing anything with it. you sell as many peripherals as you want but if they aren't being used SONY has done a bad job at keeping up with Move very similarly to how they treated the PSP not tlong ago

You said intergrated, so it seems to me you are just changing your arguement. I'll try to make this clear, a big part of moves potential is working with full feldge existing games and being an alternate control scheme. Kinect does not share that potential, Kinect games are mostly crap, people bought kinect on hype and advertisement and MS pretty much lied about it's potential, nothing better is comming, and when all is said and done Kinect is going to be the failure. Right now you are just following the media, media says kinect is better then move because it sold so fast so you believe it and ignore the actual games. How many people are playing the games that you don't need move to play with move? I don't know, nobody does but why don't you tell me what kinect games in your opinion are worth playing and why. 

dude.. your anti kinect banter is opinion( gamewise.. MS being liars about kinect future is true), what you kinect games you say about Move( not that I actually care Kinect...cuz I dont) I wanted it a Move but have completely lost interest in it because I see crap games. Dude Kinect definitely has more commercial success than Move does.. thats not really opinion thats fact. when i say integrated I did how many games or sales .. more of its xxceptance/adoption/commentment by 1st and 3rd parties in sense.. I cant really find the word.

Kinect is its own thing. Move is its own thing. It's up to Sony and their studios, and hopefully some imaginative and hard working third parties (did I mean "hopefully" or "miraculously"), to show next time that Move is more than just a Wii Too the way it is now. And it's up to Microsoft and their studios to figure out how Kinect might be able to work instead of just packing it in with systems and coasting on dance games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Been saying this since it was announced. Kinect and Move were to set up the next gen consoles, give devs experience making good games, give players experience playing games with them

I'm hoping for a break-apart move/dualshock hybrid.

I finally found the video!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/231233.html

and we've all seen the patent that involved move controllers combining to make a more standard controller.

http://digifaq.blogspot.com/2011/02/is-prototype-ps3-break-apart-controller.html

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I honestly wanted to hold the original boomerang controllers they showed during the PS3 development. I really was intrested in the design. It looked very comfortable. I would honestly enjoy using that except with maybe some of the specs of the move in it. Like being able to track the controller with the camera.

LordTheNightKnight said:

Motion controls are not a gimmick. We've seen plenty of game sell well with them applied right. And the loads of gamers that have made motion gaming a hit are too numerous to ignore unless you are a fool. Yeah, I'm calling Nintendo foolish for ignoring those gamers and refusing to make the kickass Motion Plus games for the Wii that they should have been (where is my Motion Plush hack & slash/beat 'em up that harkens back to the glory days of Golden Axe/Double Dragon?*).

Nintendo dropped the ball, and I'm skipping their next console**. But Sony has a chance to pick it up. Harai (I think it was him) made a great statement in admitting it's the consumers that made the Playstation brand.

Move hasn't sold that well because it's just trying to retread the ground that Nintendo already laid (that and the toyish controller design which should be redone). But with the PS4, they can start fresh. There are plenty of games that could have made the Wii sell double the NES instead of 50% that it may likely finish. But Nintendo, again, refuses to make them. If Sony did make those games with the PS4, they would become the king of the mountain again (I demand my motion controlled hack & slash/beat 'em up!). Just don't let it get to their heads once again  (no PSP3D!).

Of course they should retain the regular Dualshock for games that work better on it. But continuing the winning path that Nintendo abandoned will still be a winning path for Sony (MOTION CONTROLLED HACK & SLASH/BEAT 'EM UP!).

* You think those games wouldn't be hits? Imagine God of War where you get to swing the blades yourself.

** Unless they first pull their heads out of you-now-where and make those kickass Motion Plus Wii games.

Sony released  a beat 'em up that does exactly what you're saying.  It was 2D too.  It didn't use move but used the camera to put you in the game.  It's just awkward kicking sideways and punching sideways.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJR_QzWGhGo&feature=player_embedded

I predict the ps4 controller will be a fusion of the DS3 and a move/navi combo the DS3 can be split into 2 to switch into a motion control and reform for normal play.

"We need Dual shock power now!"

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I'm not so certain it is a good idea on Sony's part to change the controllers. I'm also not so sure it would be a good idea to include Move with every single console. If every single owner had it, the games would likely start incorporating it a lot more into their games, and likely even have parts of the game that require it. Not sure about you guys, but I just want to play video games with my normal controller.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Xxain said:
IseeLight said:
Xxain said:
IseeLight said:

Xxain said:

dude.. your anti kinect banter is opinion( gamewise.. MS being liars about kinect future is true), what you kinect games you say about Move( not that I actually care Kinect...cuz I dont) I wanted it a Move but have completely lost interest in it because I see crap games. Dude Kinect definitely has more commercial success than Move does.. thats not really opinion thats fact. when i say integrated I did how many games or sales .. more of its xxceptance/adoption/commentment by 1st and 3rd parties in sense.. I cant really find the word.

Kinect only has more commericial success right now because of the massive advertisement and the lies MS told people before and at launch, it sold a ton but it's hardly selling anymore and I don't see it's sales picking up again ever, so while yes right now kinect has more commercial success what about in 5 years? Is Heavy Rain crap? Is No more heroes crap? Is MAG, Killzone 3 or Ressident Evil 5 crap? Will bioshock infinate be crap? Even move only games in development look better then kinect games, socery and dead mans quest look promising. Just so we are clear you personally don't see any games for Kinect that are worth playing at all?