By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS4 should have Move packed in (along with the Dualshock)

RolStoppable said:
You are just deluding yourself if you believe that Sony can deliver what Nintendo refused to do.

Like a good handheld-strategy? I kid of course, the Vita is unproven. But you never know...

@OP: I don't know if the Move is the right option for the PS4, but I do hope Sony decides to shake things up with a new controller, rather than just giving us the DualShock4.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Rainbird said:
RolStoppable said:
You are just deluding yourself if you believe that Sony can deliver what Nintendo refused to do.

Like a good handheld-strategy? I kid of course, the Vita is unproven. But you never know...

Well, you may be kidding, but there are Nintendo fans who have said that they'll buy a Vita, because they don't like what Nintendo does with the 3DS (regarding the software that is being made). This thread here is pretty much the same, except for home consoles. It's just not sound reasoning.

And I can't say I blame them. Nintendo seems to have been fumbling in the dark with the 3DS, while Sony has a much clearer strategy with the Vita. But I'll kid about saying whose strategy is best until we see how the Vita does and if Sony got it right.

RolStoppable said:
Rainbird said:
RolStoppable said:

Well, you may be kidding, but there are Nintendo fans who have said that they'll buy a Vita, because they don't like what Nintendo does with the 3DS (regarding the software that is being made). This thread here is pretty much the same, except for home consoles. It's just not sound reasoning.

And I can't say I blame them. Nintendo seems to have been fumbling in the dark with the 3DS, while Sony has a much clearer strategy with the Vita. But I'll kid about saying whose strategy is best until we see how the Vita does and if Sony got it right.

But I blame them. They won't get the 2D games they wanted from the 3DS on the PS Vita, not even equivalents of them.

Maybe not, but they might get other entertaining games, with gameplay the 3DS can't provide. LittleBigPlanet on the Vita has unique 2D gameplay the 3DS can never match. And Sound Shapes is a fresh musical 2D platformer. But even if they won't get a smattering of 2D games, there are still unique 3D games they might find entertaining, like Gravity Daze.

So even if the Vita leaves many Nintendo fans wishing they could play some Nintendo games on it, they might be finding it attractive for its unique looking titles, and Sony's stalwart support of the developers who create these titles. It may not replace Nintendo games, but I think many of the Nintendo fans in question are aware of why they want the Vita.

Ajescent said:
haxxiy said:
Boomerang dualshock that you can split in two motion controllers. I'm calling it now.

Beat you to it princess.

Wow so cool of you!

it should be affordable and easy to develop with more hi-end specs is more important...

Around the Network

Sony should actually abandon the Move in regards to their next console. Instead they should contrive a better form of motion control. I know I am going to commit blasphemy in this forum, but I will say it anyway. Microsoft had the right idea with their motion control. There is simply more room for future development there. Their controller does not even require the player to put down their tactile interface for the system to work.

Then you have the possibility of technological improvements increasing the potential of the concept. The Kinect of today may be a little clunky, but what of four or five years from now. It wouldn't be outlandish to see players who are using their hands to build custom levels in Halo 5, or voice communication allowing for control of our multimedia without pausing the game.

I think it is a question of room for improvement in the future tense. Microsoft has done a excellent job of doing a thing that will promote future innovation of the genre. Nintendo has decided to go for concept improvement with dual screen. Sony needs to come up something truly original for their next generation outing, or they will simply be stomped by far more innovative competition.

Dodece said:
Sony should actually abandon the Move in regards to their next console. Instead they should contrive a better form of motion control. I know I am going to commit blasphemy in this forum, but I will say it anyway. Microsoft had the right idea with their motion control. There is simply more room for future development there. Their controller does not even require the player to put down their tactile interface for the system to work.

Then you have the possibility of technological improvements increasing the potential of the concept. The Kinect of today may be a little clunky, but what of four or five years from now. It wouldn't be outlandish to see players who are using their hands to build custom levels in Halo 5, or voice communication allowing for control of our multimedia without pausing the game.

I think it is a question of room for improvement in the future tense. Microsoft has done a excellent job of doing a thing that will promote future innovation of the genre. Nintendo has decided to go for concept improvement with dual screen. Sony needs to come up something truly original for their next generation outing, or they will simply be stomped by far more innovative competition.

Agreed. The Move itself is fine for what Sony have been trying to achieve in the here and now, but if Sony just release even a slightly more refined version of it as a main controller for the PS4, then we want see many new kinds of games that we aren't seeing now. Which would allow Microsoft and Nintendo to pull away in terms of innovation, and I would personally hope that Sony could take a third avenue of control and run with it, so we can get even more innovation.

haxxiy said:
Ajescent said:
haxxiy said:
Boomerang dualshock that you can split in two motion controllers. I'm calling it now.

Beat you to it princess.

Wow so cool of you!

I know ^_^ I'm so cool :')

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Dodece said:

1. A Move 2.0 would be good. I already stated it should get a redesign for the OP.

2. No, hardware originality or distinction is NOT what a system needs. 3DS is already distinct from any system, but that's making the system less attractive to people.

It's software distinction that matters (and not just in terms of being different), and that is what I brought up in the OP.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

No, if PS4 has a dualshock im not getting it, same controller with no improvements and some declinations (worse shoulder buttons) for 4 generations ftw. And seriously move? It sucks.