By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii will be able to download complete DS games

Troll_Monster said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Branko2166 said:
hmm sounds like a good investment if all I have to do is buy a DS, adapter and micro SD card.

I'm afraid you're mistaking the DS for the PSP.

no he's not mistaken at all, infact it's very easy to get home brew working on DS, the PSP in that regard is much harder.

I for one already own the Micro SD card which pluggs into the cartridge adapter which I put into my DS just like I would any other DS game. I like playing the home brew games, just recently played this little physics game on the DS, pretty sweet, I've also got this diagnostic tool that allows me to fix a stuck pixel, it's not garenteed to work but it might just get the pixel unstuck which I guess is better than nothing.

You do know that Nintendo replaces DS's with a stuck pixel though. I have already returned one. You get a brand new DS instead.

Around the Network
gorgepir said:
Troll_Monster said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Branko2166 said:
hmm sounds like a good investment if all I have to do is buy a DS, adapter and micro SD card.

no he's not mistaken at all, infact it's very easy to get home brew working on DS, the PSP in that regard is much harder.

I for one already own the Micro SD card which pluggs into the cartridge adapter which I put into my DS just like I would any other DS game. I like playing the home brew games, just recently played this little physics game on the DS, pretty sweet, I've also got this diagnostic tool that allows me to fix a stuck pixel, it's not garenteed to work but it might just get the pixel unstuck which I guess is better than nothing.

You do know that Nintendo replaces DS's with a stuck pixel though. I have already returned one. You get a brand new DS instead.

yeah I know, but why go through the hassle if the little homebre app. actually works?

and yes I have already returned 1 DS because of a stuck pixel but that was before I got my homebrew thinga-ma-bob on my DS.

MrPickles said:
@Trollmonster: What is it that these cartridges you have were designed to hold? Or were they designed specifically for pirated games?

Some of these carts allow you to put pictures, videos and music files, which turns your DS into a decent media player. Besides that, there are useful homebrew aplications such as web browsers, ebook readers and calculators, as well as homebrew versions of simple games you shouldn't really have to pay for - things like sudoku, minesweeper or solitaire.

Then there's the NES emulators and, yes, "backups". Emulators would be unnecessary if Nintendo provided such a service. As it is, the DS would certainly be my prefered device to play NES games (far more appropriate than a gignormous HDTV). As to "backups", yes they're a good euphemism for piracy. But still, you can't beat the convinience of playing tens of the largest DS games of a single cart - carts are either to big to carry a bunch, or to small not to easily get lost. In that department, console manufacturers are definitely playing catchup.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
gorgepir said:

Reggie announced this news. I thought that the DS doesn't have an internal memory enough to store a game. I guess they will have to sell a blank card.

I think it will be a downloadable game via Wifi. The downloaded data is a ROM-image, that will be loaded into the memory of the DS and started. After switching the DS off, you will have to redownload it. As far as I know, that's the way how the download-demos of games like brainjogging work.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I've invested in an R4 for the purpose of watching movies and using it for an MP3 player.

I don't pirate games on it at all.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Well it says "complete games", not "complete DS games". Probably something more along the lines of sending VC titles to the DS.

Troll_Monster said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Branko2166 said:

He's talking about pirating games though. If you're saying then that its even easier to hack games on the DS then there goes the piracy excuse for PSP's worrisome software sales.

DKII said:
Well it says "complete games", not "complete DS games". Probably something more along the lines of sending VC titles to the DS.
 That would be awesome. 

"Like you know"

DKII said:

That was my guess. They wouldn't release full ds games on the shop channel. They are probably just making it so you can download nes,snes,etc onto a DS card which you can play portable. Great idea :), that should help them boost some vc sales. This should be awesome, come on GB/GBA games!!

*sigh*

Please google slot 1 DS devices if you think the DS isn't easy to play pirated games on. It's superior to the way you pirate PSP games in every department but the price, which is very low anyway.