By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii will be able to download complete DS games

So in other words the excuse that the PSP's software sales are suffering because of piracy is bunk.

Around the Network

if i could play any of vc games that i purchase for the wii on the ds, then i would buy a ds and start buying vc games in a heartbeat

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

The DS doesn't have enough buttons

Nice, Nintendo is showing some DS/Wii connectivity better than the GBA/Gamecube connectivity.

I used the GBA for Pokemon Ruby and battled with my Pokemon on Pokemon Colosseum for the Gamecube. That game was nice.

@Girl Gamer Elite
If the Ds doesn't have enough buttons you could always use the touchscreen for additional buttons

Around the Network

if it could just use the vc games that are 2 button like NES games, i'd buy one in a heartbeat

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Girl Gamer Elite said:
The DS doesn't have enough buttons

What games need more buttons?  I'm pretty sure A, B, X, Y, L, R, Start, and Select will cover nearly any VC game...and if not, like pichu pichu said, they could put some thumb-sized buttons on the bottom screen for more.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Hey if it will work, I'll be glad to be wrong on this one.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Troll_Monster said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Branko2166 said:
hmm sounds like a good investment if all I have to do is buy a DS, adapter and micro SD card.

I'm afraid you're mistaking the DS for the PSP.

no he's not mistaken at all, infact it's very easy to get home brew working on DS, the PSP in that regard is much harder.

I for one already own the Micro SD card which pluggs into the cartridge adapter which I put into my DS just like I would any other DS game. I like playing the home brew games, just recently played this little physics game on the DS, pretty sweet, I've also got this diagnostic tool that allows me to fix a stuck pixel, it's not garenteed to work but it might just get the pixel unstuck which I guess is better than nothing.

He's talking about pirating games though. If you're saying then that its even easier to hack games on the DS then there goes the piracy excuse for PSP's worrisome software sales.

I have said the exact same thing!

Well it would cover NES, SNES, and GB/GBC games pretty well. N64 would be a bit more difficult and would require some kind of touchscreen interface ala Mario 64 DS perhaps.

GBA games likely won't happen for the same main reason you don't see GC games -- the DS can already play GBA games so there's no reason to sell them separately when you can already play the physical copy.