By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July NPD - #1 X360, 277k, PS3 148k, Wii 190k, 3DS <115k

RolStoppable said:
Nintendogamer said:

I saw seece said PS3 sold about 55% of the 338K and wii 45%.

That was based on a guess of a NeoGAF member.

Still probably right I reckon

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

Oh right I didn't read the rest of the thread. Then Catherine might indeed be overtracked but 200,000 copies shipped is still pretty good.

Edit: Oh and then I didn't see the post where we have actual sales before making this post XD

Besides Catherine is there any other software that was overtracked?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Wow Catherine overtracked massively. And I was rediculed when I pointed out how rediculous the pre-order chart was having Catherine higher than Halo CEA. Face it people, I haven't wrongly predicted a pre-order numbers mistake yet. That's what happends when you see real concrete numbers every single day

Anyways back OT 360 tracking pretty much spot on so congrats to Vgchartz. Have we figured out yet what the deal is with PS3 / Wii? Which is overtracked and by how much?

BenVTrigger said:
Anyways back OT 360 tracking pretty much spot on so congrats to Vgchartz. Have we figured out yet what the deal is with PS3 / Wii? Which is overtracked and by how much?

Wii 190k, PS3 149k (Pachter)

(typo corrected)

Around the Network
drkohler said:
BenVTrigger said:

Wii 190k, PS3 143k (Pachter)

How can this be? I doubt wii outsold PS3, and 2 of them came to 338K not 333K.

EDIT: I see it at http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/08/bottom-drops-out-of-july-video-game-sales-with-20-decline/1

How much did wii do last year? 237K if it's down 25%?

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

drkohler said:
BenVTrigger said:

Wii 190k, PS3 149k (Pachter)

(typo corrected)

338K not 339K ;) lol

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Seece said:
Just Dance 2 Becomes Eighth Wii Title to Sell More Than 5 Million Units

Just Dance® 2 from Ubisoft®, which plays exclusively on Nintendo’s Wii™ console, has sold more than 5 million units, according to the independent NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. 

“Nintendo systems have games for every type of player. We’re poised for a great holiday season, thanks to tremendous value across all our platforms and fan-favorite franchises delivering fun new surprises.”

During the next few months, Nintendo will release a huge selection of fan-favorite titles. This includes Star Fox 64™ 3D, Super Mario™ 3D Land and Mario Kart™7 for the Nintendo 3DS™ portable entertainment system, The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword for Wii and Kirby™ Mass Attack for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, which was the best-selling platform in July.

For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.

Some things o note about this embarrassing PR:

• Nintendos software output is so poor, they have to talk about an exclusive 3rd party title in their own NPD 'briefing'.
  • "Tremendous value", due to poor demand.
  • They only have Zelda listed for their holiday title this year.  Where is Kirby and that Wii Pokemon? I'm completely convinced now that Zelda could have been easily released last year but Nintendo purposely delayed it to meet this holiday, which is hella empty.
  • Nintendo of America could at least localize Rhythm Heaven...it was here on the original DS before, which seems to be the only platform with a library that  makes sense right now.

New Super Mario Bros is STILL in the Top 10 after 5 years........................... I'd slap whoever did not make that a priority to have for the 3DS launch. Seriously. Uncharted isn't even 1/8 as big, and Sony is smart enough to release sequels for that.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Nintendogamer said:
drkohler said:
BenVTrigger said:

Wii 190k, PS3 143k (Pachter)

How can this be? I doubt wii outsold PS3, and 2 of them came to 338K not 333K.

EDIT: I see it at http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/08/bottom-drops-out-of-july-video-game-sales-with-20-decline/1

How much did wii do last year? 237K if it's down 25%?

There you go again bashing Wii numbers without any evidence and now proven wrong. Think you should start getting modded for this, completely trashing our numbers with no evidence is against the rules.

So...

360 - 277k
Wii - 190k?
PS3 - 148k?

Didn't expect PS3 to be over by as much as we had it. I wonder if VGC will adjust... Didn't do it when the Wii was overtracked