By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade be the first/one of the few console JRPGs this gen to hit 90+?

Conegamer said:
Wagram said:
Silver-Tiger said:
Wagram said:
Almost all of the reviews don't seem to be talking about the story. I hope that isn't a bad thing :(

The story is great so far. I'm not very in the game, but it's awesome.

That's good to hear. Now if only it will show up today. ; ;

To add my experience from it and from some reviews which I've read, they say the story starts off slow and typical (and I agree), but after about 5 hours it really picks up, with many twists, turns and sub-plots underway you'll want to finish the game just for that.

That, and of course the whole bond-bulding and heart-to-hearts (which, if you didn't know, are like skits but you choose your dialogue, the outcome changing your relationship with the character and maybe even the story), and many other things which I'll put in my full review, means it's a truly absorbing and atmospheric game, which I'm sure you'll love.

Also, anyone out there on the fence, just get it. You won't regret it. Trust me. 

The story starts pretty much like Xenogears. I am 10 hours in and im eager to see what will happen next. Can't stop playing this game! It is very addictive! 

Around the Network
rccsetzer said:
Conegamer said:
Wagram said:
Silver-Tiger said:
Wagram said:
Almost all of the reviews don't seem to be talking about the story. I hope that isn't a bad thing :(

The story is great so far. I'm not very in the game, but it's awesome.

That's good to hear. Now if only it will show up today. ; ;

To add my experience from it and from some reviews which I've read, they say the story starts off slow and typical (and I agree), but after about 5 hours it really picks up, with many twists, turns and sub-plots underway you'll want to finish the game just for that.

That, and of course the whole bond-bulding and heart-to-hearts (which, if you didn't know, are like skits but you choose your dialogue, the outcome changing your relationship with the character and maybe even the story), and many other things which I'll put in my full review, means it's a truly absorbing and atmospheric game, which I'm sure you'll love.

Also, anyone out there on the fence, just get it. You won't regret it. Trust me. 

The story starts pretty much like Xenogears. I am 10 hours in and im eager to see what will happen next. Can't stop playing this game! It is very addictive! 

Pretty much this. I only ever played a bit of Xenogears, not the start, so I wouldn't know. But it picked up after a few hours...

Also, those of you who like side-quests can find ease here. There's over 15 side quests doable in the first hour alone,not including the trading, collectopedia, reputation, people-connection levels, heart-to-hearts, landmarks, locations, gem crafting...

...oh my!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

So it's a time-eater!
Man, I can't wait to get it.

Xen said:
So it's a time-eater!

You have a Wii now?

Conegamer said:
Xen said:
So it's a time-eater!

You have a Wii now?

I'd already have it if I had a Wii!

I'm saving money 'till the holidays. Gonna get a Wii then, with a bunch of other goodies.

Around the Network

Damn you all. Making the wait so much more painful!

Xen said:
Conegamer said:
Xen said:
So it's a time-eater!

You have a Wii now?

I'd already have it if I had a Wii!

I'm saving money 'till the holidays. Gonna get a Wii then, with a bunch of other goodies.

But they're like £70 now, but whatever floats your boat. I doubt you'll last until then

Best RPG in years. Pay attention that and i am not saying best JRPG only. Sometimes i feel like when i was playing Chrono Trigger more than 15 years ago. One of the greatest gameplay ever. Some people said that battle is like Final Fantasy XII. It is not! I liked Final Fantasy XII but Xeoblade mechanics are much better. Very fun to play!

^If only I were British, eh?

Wagram said:
Damn you all. Making the wait so much more painful!

You planning on the import? Or are you holding out on Reggie? (Good luck on that BTW)

I would drop the classic 'now you know what us EU citizens have been feeling the last 15 years' line, but that ain't right. The fact that everyone doesn't have access to this great game is a darn shame, and one which should be rectified ASAP.