By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade be the first/one of the few console JRPGs this gen to hit 90+?

My Xenoblade Chronicles copy has been dispatched. It'll probably take 4-7 days 'till it arrives here.

Around the Network

Ive been playing the game for about 20 minutes its pretty nice. starts off pretty epic lol. The reviews are really going good as well, didnt really expect this.

Why in Italy this had to come the September 2, why the people here do not work like in the rest of the world? It's always the same. Ugh.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Araknie said:
Why in Italy this had to come the September 2, why the people here do not work like in the rest of the world? It's always the same. Ugh.

Why not just import it from the UK? It'll work on an Italian Wii.

So, if not Edge, one would think Gamespot would be the one to break the streak? Nope.

"Xenoblade Chronicles is a remarkable game. It drags the JRPG into the 21st century, modernising many of the genre's traits and nailing a pace that outclasses the majority of its peers. Even coming from Tetsuya Takahashi--a man whose previous credits include Chrono Trigger and the other Xeno titles--it's a hugely surprising, versatile game. It has everything that seasoned JRPG veterans are looking for, but it also manages to lift the barrier for entry for those new to the genre. It retains the traditions it wants to and modernises the aspects it needs to. It's not only one of the best JRPGs in years; it's also one of the best RPGs regardless of subgenre. Xenoblade Chronicles is a captivating, magical game which deserves to be hailed as the revolution it is. " 9.0 Editor's Choice

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/rpg/monadobeginningoftheworld/review.html

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
Fab_GS said:
My Xenoblade Chronicles copy has been dispatched. It'll probably take 4-7 days 'till it arrives here.

Sadly mine said 10 days estimated. o.o; but it shipped on the 15th.

So I guess when all is said and done it will end in the 90-92 range.
Yes, I won't loose my bet with Carl!

Nintendo Life has it's review up. 9/10 from those guys as well.

How technical is your game?

GameSpot gave it a 9.0/10
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/rpg/monadobeginningoftheworld/review.html

GameSpot said:

Xenoblade Chronicles is a sublime, wonderfully paced game that both refines and modernises the Japanese role-playing game.

The Good

• Excellent sense of pacing  
  • Combat is fantastic, in-depth, and fun  
  • Locations are vast and beautiful  
  • Huge game with loads of interesting things to do  
  • Thoroughly modernises the genre while respecting tradition.

The Bad

• Occasionally difficult to find where to go.
Last Paragraph:-

Xenoblade Chronicles is a remarkable game. It drags the JRPG into the 21st century, modernising many of the genre's traits and nailing a pace that outclasses the majority of its peers. Even coming from Tetsuya Takahashi--a man whose previous credits include Chrono Trigger and the other Xeno titles--it's a hugely surprising, versatile game. It has everything that seasoned JRPG veterans are looking for, but it also manages to lift the barrier for entry for those new to the genre. It retains the traditions it wants to and modernises the aspects it needs to. It's not only one of the best JRPGs in years; it's also one of the best RPGs regardless of subgenre. Xenoblade Chronicles is a captivating, magical game which deserves to be hailed as the revolution it is.

Almost all of the reviews don't seem to be talking about the story. I hope that isn't a bad thing :(