By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade be the first/one of the few console JRPGs this gen to hit 90+?

of course ... its Mr Takahashi, when no ine screws him hes a miracle worker. People who played it call it the next Xenogears. Im proud its gonna him to obtain the milestone because he deserves it more than anybody else.

Around the Network

Seeing that it's made by a venerable game creator it isn't out of the question. I'm just happy to know that it IS in fact a great game, which is a lot more than one can say about some high-rating games.

I just hope Xenoblade sees an American release.

No, first reviews always are more positive, to give you an example: Persona 4 had at one moment 97 on metacritic and people were making threads that it could be the best PS2 game. Be not surprised that it goes under 85%

Xxain said:
of course ... its Mr Takahashi, when no ine screws him hes a miracle worker. People who played it call it the next Xenogears. Im proud its gonna him to obtain the milestone because he deserves it more than anybody else.

That's anything BUT good, you know...

And nah... it'll go down. It always does, sadly.

RolStoppable said:
You have a game in a genre that many reviewers have a bias against on a console that many reviewers have a bias against, so the answer is no.

These early reviews are much more favorable, because they aren't done by Americans (and it's their reviews who count for the Metascore).

Yes, but won't the number of American reviewers be pretty limited seeing as it's not going to be released there?

Then there's also the fact* that every once in a while reviewers pick a Wii game to rate extra highly so as not to appear too biased...

*(or very loosely supported observation)

Around the Network
Xen said:
Xxain said:

That's anything BUT good, you know...

And nah... it'll go down. It always does, sadly.

Xen we have been friends for awhile and have similar taste... but I wont go easy on you if this post is insinuating XENOGEARS is a bad game.. please clearer.

Any company who makes the insanely good Xenosaga games deserves a day 1 purchase,

I expect it to be in the mid-low 80's when the dust settles. 82 - 85%, somewhere around there. I don't think it'll ever get above 90%, maybe for a very short while, but not for good. The game isn't as pretty looking as recent X360/PS3 RPG's such as Final Fantasy XIII, the character models aren't brilliant, I hear the Wii Remote/Nunchuck controls aren't as good as the Classic Controller/Pro, some people will have a problem with the British voice acting, lack of online support and multiplayer will be a factor for a small number of reviewers I'd imagine, it's not available in HD, and etc. It's just not set up for 9's and 10's across the board I'm afraid, despite how good it is. I wan't to say The Last Story has a better chance, but I just can't ever see that averaging over 90% either. Pandora's Tower has literally no hope, if it even comes.

How technical is your game?

It may be.

I don't how anyone can consider Demon's Souls a JRPG but if you do then I understand why you think Xenoblade is a JRPG. Unless it comes in NA I want it to fail in every way possible :)