By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade be the first/one of the few console JRPGs this gen to hit 90+?

only 8 more days until I can play it... eat that suckers(americans)!!!!
not often we Europeans get something you want :)

I hope it's a sgood as Xenogears(avatar wtf) and Xenosaga 1 and 3

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Has EDGE magazine reviewed the Japanese version yet? I've missed a few issues lately.

/../

Naum said:

This sucker changed his Wiis region so he could play Xenoblade! :)

Wagram said:
Naum said:

This sucker changed his Wiis region so he could play Xenoblade! :)

He's not the only one...

Soriku said:
Antabus said:
It will be lucky to get over 80.

lol. Well of course you'd say that when you know absolutely nothing about the game. You know the game is the highest rated RPG this gen on Japan's biggest user review site right with a 90% right?

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=422089

User reviews, in Japan.

I am pretty sure that the metascore won't be as high.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Antabus said:
Soriku said:
Antabus said:
It will be lucky to get over 80.

lol. Well of course you'd say that when you know absolutely nothing about the game. You know the game is the highest rated RPG this gen on Japan's biggest user review site right with a 90% right?

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=422089

User reviews, in Japan.

I am pretty sure that the metascore won't be as high.

It's fine if you think the game won't be as high on the metascore or gamerankings or whatever. But "It will be lucky to get over 80"? Are you serious? The game doesn't have anything holding it back to be "lucky" to get over 80. We can tell this from the reviews thus far, which are consistent, as well as MK2.

And I know you edited your post which included ToV. It's one example, but if you look at MK2, the user review average is a 78. ToV's Metacritic happens to be 79. Not that big of a difference, is it? And ToV, being an anime styled game, is probably going to be more appreciated in Japan.

There's no reason why Xenoblade will be wildly different. Usually when a game is very good, impressions aren't going to hugely vary.

It is also fine if I think that it will be lucky to get over 80 then, too?

Those are opinions of some jrpg-geeks in Japan, the same people who scored enchanted arms at 80 or something... Also the game looks like a ps2 game, it will be noted in western reviews.

I personally see it scoring around 85 making it the best rated JRPG this gen. Quite the feet still.

Xen said:
Xxain said:
of course ... its Mr Takahashi, when no ine screws him hes a miracle worker. People who played it call it the next Xenogears. Im proud its gonna him to obtain the milestone because he deserves it more than anybody else.

That's anything BUT good, you know...

And nah... it'll go down. It always does, sadly.

It's a completed game unlike Xenogears so it's fine =P

dahuman said:
Xen said:
Xxain said:
of course ... its Mr Takahashi, when no ine screws him hes a miracle worker. People who played it call it the next Xenogears. Im proud its gonna him to obtain the milestone because he deserves it more than anybody else.

That's anything BUT good, you know...

And nah... it'll go down. It always does, sadly.

It's a completed game unlike Xenogears so it's fine =P

Haha, can't argue there.

Soriku said:
Araknie said:
Xenoblade has it's consideration in gameplay and design not in the graphics, because if here we're saying that a review for a Wii game must be compared to the HD we're really off the way.

I think it will get a 90 average for this 3 reasons: 1) It's a JRPG with new gameplay and the possibility to pause the battle and do a strategy, and that's a thing that i (and the rest of west market) like; 2) Because of 100+ hours of gameplay with massive exploration, a thing that i didn't see in about 3-4 years by now; 3) Because it's supposed to be having a great story, and this is the prequel of all the Xenosagas.

It's not a prequel to Xenosaga or Xenogears or anything. Completely independent story, just with some similar themes.

It's more like the origins of the religion in those games.