By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade be the first/one of the few console JRPGs this gen to hit 90+?

RolStoppable said:
Boutros said:

I acknowledge that some reviewers might be biased but you guys are talking about mass bias agaisnt the Wii as if it were every critics. There's no proof of that. It's thus wrong to assume that Xenoblade will be marked down just for being a Wii game.

You realize that "you guys" also includes PS3 fans in this thread? This isn't a conspiracy theory solely thought up by Nintendo fans.

So? lol

I can rephrase if you want.

Wii fans, PS3 fans, 360 fans, whatever are wrong to assume that Xenoblade will be marked down just for being a Wii game.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
RolStoppable said:
brendude13 said:
RolStoppable said:
You have a game in a genre that many reviewers have a bias against on a console that many reviewers have a bias against, so the answer is no.

These early reviews are much more favorable, because they aren't done by Americans (and it's their reviews who count for the Metascore).

That's ridiculous.

All reviews should count, not just ones from one particular country.

Anyway, if anything I think the reviews would be better because it's on the Wii, it's one of the only JRPG's it has. If it was on the PS3 / XBOX 360 where it would be compared to Valkyria Chronicles, Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy XIII etc. then the reviewers wouldn't rate it as high.

It's the way the system works. If the review isn't in English, then it doesn't count (unless Metacritic has changed that already).

Xenoblade has been compared to HD JRPGs in its reviews, so it's not like it has been rated in a vacuum. It should tell you something, if a Wii game gets compared to the best the HD consoles have to offer and still comes out on top or is at least being rated similarly.

Hmm, I don't know really, if that console is lacking a game in a particular genre, when it finally gets it the review scores are usually inflated.

I would have said Goldeneye 007 but reviews weren't exactly great for that game.

It's better than all the current gen JRPGs I've played so far so.... unless you care about character models that is, the character models look like shit, everything else is fine.

RolStoppable said:
dahuman said:

It's better than all the current gen JRPGs I've played so far so.... unless you care about character models that is, the character models look like shit, everything else is fine.

What about the jump animation?

I used to play WoW so...... it's about as bad as that.

brendude13 said:
RolStoppable said:
brendude13 said:
RolStoppable said:
You have a game in a genre that many reviewers have a bias against on a console that many reviewers have a bias against, so the answer is no.

These early reviews are much more favorable, because they aren't done by Americans (and it's their reviews who count for the Metascore).

That's ridiculous.

Anyway, if anything I think the reviews would be better because it's on the Wii, it's one of the only JRPG's it has. If it was on the PS3 / XBOX 360 where it would be compared to Valkyria Chronicles, Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy XIII etc. then the reviewers wouldn't rate it as high.

It's the way the system works. If the review isn't in English, then it doesn't count (unless Metacritic has changed that already).

Xenoblade has been compared to HD JRPGs in its reviews, so it's not like it has been rated in a vacuum. It should tell you something, if a Wii game gets compared to the best the HD consoles have to offer and still comes out on top or is at least being rated similarly.

Hmm, I don't know really, if that console is lacking a game in a particular genre, when it finally gets it the review scores are usually inflated.

I would have said Goldeneye 007 but reviews weren't exactly great for that game.

I dont know what reviews you've read but outside of the GI one by Tim Turi, GE has gotten great reviews, Conduit 1 had some inflated reviews at first but when the hype died and common sense set in then it got the average it deserved IMHO

Man i was quite calm before seeing this thread but now i can't really wait for it coming.

100+ hours by the reviews so far, i didn't even thinked to play a JRPG so far long from the days of FFX. O_O

Somethings are sure by now: it's massive, it's a must have for every jrpg fan, it's a must have for every wii owner, it's a game that I will play multiple time to get the 100% of it.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
brendude13 said:
RolStoppable said:

That's ridiculous.

I don't think that is strictly true, in a lot of their metascores for older games Famitsu is included.  For example, look at Ocarina of Time

http://www.metacritic.com/game/nintendo-64/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time/critic-reviews

On the other hand I haven't seen it on more recent games suggesting they don't include it, maybe for the reason you stated.

dahuman said:
brendude13 said:
RolStoppable said:
brendude13 said:
RolStoppable said:

That's ridiculous.

Well, I haven't had a chance to play it yet, I'm guessing you have an NTSC-J Wii.

And it would have to be pretty good to topple Final Fantasy XIII and Tales of Vesperia from my list. While I do admit that I am a graphics whore, I can appreciate the fact that the game is on the Wii and looks pretty damn amazing for the hardware it's developed on.

brendude13 said:
dahuman said:
brendude13 said:
RolStoppable said:
brendude13 said:
RolStoppable said:

That's ridiculous.

Well, I haven't had a chance to play it yet, I'm guessing you have an NTSC-J Wii.

And it would have to be pretty good to topple Final Fantasy XIII and Tales of Vesperia from my list. While I do admit that I am a graphics whore, I can appreciate the fact that the game is on the Wii and looks pretty damn amazing for the hardware it's developed on

I'm more interested in what the studio can do with Wii U with so much more power personally after seeing how amazing Xenoblade is on Wii heh.

Another review has popped up. This time from Guardian.co.uk

It's really short, though, and no score was given, but it's very positive.

How technical is your game?

Sorry for the Wii noob question but, how can I play this game in america? I have a projector that display pal, do I still need to have a european Wii or a u.s. Wii will do? And is there a way to play on my NTSC TV?