By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Which Halo is the Hardest?

Tagged games:

Which Halo is the hardest?

Halo 6 4.92%

Halo 2 50 40.98%

Halo 3 4 3.28%

Halo: ODST 5 4.10%

Halo: Reach 21 17.21%

They were all cakewalks! 13 10.66%

See results 23 18.85%

Total:122
Dallinor said:
yo_john117 said:
Dallinor said:
Machina said:
mexmen92 said:
Machina said:

Call of Duty games are relatively easy on veteran imo. It just takes patience and a lot of crawling along the floor regenerating health. Halo solo legendary is damn hard, mainly because ammo is so scarce so you're forced to be more skilful.

Have you played Call of duty 2? That game is freakin hard. You get shot as soon as you're seen by the enemy, and some parts of the game are downright frustrating.

Back on topic, Halo 2 is the hardest one because of the sniping Jackals. Halo 3 is a close second to me due to the Flood levels (specially Cortana); I didn't even finished it on Legendary.

Yeah, I completed CoD 2, 3, 4, WaW and MW2 on veteran before I got bored of the franchise. In terms of difficulty I'd rank them:

3>>WaW>4>>2>>>>>MW2

World At War was an exercise in pure frustration. Easily the hardest COD on veteran I've played. The glitches and shoddy game design didn't help one bit.

Halo 2 on legendary was an absolute cakewalk in comparison. Especially on co-op.

Whilst I do agree WAW was almost unberably hard I still wouldn't call Halo 2 a cakewalk in comparison...especially in co-op!

It's been a long time since I played it, but I think playing solo was harder?

I think if one player survived and was able to exit combat you could respawn the other player in co-op.

There's actually so many glitches in Halo 2- the flying boss in chair, you could corner him and beat him hundreds of times, but until you released him and triggered the next sequence, he wouldn't die. Also the end sequence, the very first time I played it I flew a banshee in, made it a lot easier.

Still a great experience, my favourite Halo. I must have beat it on Legendary maybe 20 times.

But I stand by what I said, there really is no comparison. Halo is a better built game, and more fair. WaW you can be killed by enemies spawning literally on top of you, grenades that can be lobbed from nearly a hundred feet away, and up to 5 landing at your feet at once, and enemies that can kill you with one shot from ridiculous angles, while the animation shows their gun facing the floor. You can play 15 minutes of slow tactical play, picking each enemy off, then go into one new room/area and you're instantly dead.

I remember one level, where you're in the trenches in Japan. I killed everyone in one area, which took a long time, but hadn't triggered the next checkpoint yet. So I spent a few minutes searching around for the last guy, nearly going all the way back to the start of the level. Then suddenly an enemy came running over a trench behind me and killed me in the space of a few seconds. I nearly stopped playing at that point. It was just so ridiculous, and unfair.

Things like that are the reason I don't try to beat COD on veteran. After the struggle that was COD2  I won't ever put myself through that torture again. I mean COD on veteran is  more of a unfair/broken difficulty. It could have you in counseling whereas the Halo games tend to be more skill based. That is until Reach coop (especially LASO) because unfair seems to be the order of the day.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

ha why do so many people have problems with Call of Duty 2 ? Sure it's not easy on veteran but hardly impossible. I found it to be way easier than Call of Duty 4.

Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 were a joke.

World at War is the hard one. But mostly because it has badly placed checkpoints and enemies that throw countless grenades accurately near you.

Okay now back on topic.

Personally I have problems beating the last section of ODST, even with a co-op partner. Any tips how I can safely guard the vehicle throughout the highway section ?

kowenicki said:
Barozi said:

ha why do so many people have problems with Call of Duty 2 ? Sure it's not easy on veteran but hardly impossible. I found it to be way easier than Call of Duty 4.

World at War is the hard one. But mostly because it has badly placed checkpoints and enemies that throw countless grenades accurately near you.

Okay now back on topic.

Personally I have problems beating the last section of ODST, even with a co-op partner. Any tips how I can safely guard the vehicle throughout the highway section ?

i didnt have a problem with that bit.  I managed the whole of ODST on legendary solo no probs.

but the section just after this part you are referring to, defending the building at the end.... that was a bit tricky. 

hm maybe I should try it solo then.
Maybe it wasn't mine but my co-op partner's fault. Yes that's the only reason I can imagine :P

Barozi said:

Okay now back on topic.

If you think that's hard you don't wanna try the Vidmaster challenge for that section. The best advice I can give you for that part is try to memorize enemy position and try to take them out quick. I know it's easier said than done but that's how I did it.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

No lie. At one point I had *9* gernade icons on my screen, hell probably at muliple points. Easily the hardest FPS I played on Veteran. I have to give COD2 a whirl again someday.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
I am going to have to go with Halo 2, which is also the only game in the series that I truly did not enjoy the single player. The Jackal Snipers that would hit you the second you turned a corner got old real fast and the bosses (yeah the only game with bosses in the Halo series) were poorly put together. Also on Legendary they made co-op way to hard.

I agree with Halo 2 being the hardest, but that's why I liked it.

I first went through Halo 2, and wasn't in love with it. I liked it, but that's about it. It wasn't until I restarted it on Legendary that I really started enjoying the game. Not the snipers, no, they drove me crazy - but some of the sections were SO toughm genuine challenges, and it was great.