By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Which Halo is the Hardest?

Tagged games:

Which Halo is the hardest?

Halo 6 4.92%

Halo 2 50 40.98%

Halo 3 4 3.28%

Halo: ODST 5 4.10%

Halo: Reach 21 17.21%

They were all cakewalks! 13 10.66%

See results 23 18.85%

Total:122
Goddbless said:
Lostplanet22 said:
mexmen92 said:

@yo_john117 thanks, I may give it a try later.

@Machina so COD 2 is one of the easiest ones? I quit the game on Hardened, and I can't imagine playing it on Veteran.

Yeah, COD compared to Halo that is an whole new level of difficult thx to the respawning enemies.  Halo LASO are the hardest though,  really hate those challenges in Halo Reach....Die and you have to restart the level, and no crosshair :s;.... 

You do know that you don't need to turn the blind skull on for LASO right?

One of my most prized achievements it completing COD2 on Veteran. It became an obsession after dying so much. As for The most difficult Halo I would have to go with Reach. In every other Halo it was a breeze in Co op, but Reach is like "Oh you brought some friends huh? Well we have plenty of ass whoop to go around!"

Yes I know but that wouldn't be for me LASO =p.

Around the Network

Halo2 for sure, it was the only one i was unable to beat with 2player co-op legandary.

In terms of CoD, i think most of beating SP is luck. I played MW1&2 and Black ops and certain parts of the game are just so hard one time and easy the next. CoD4 i got stuck at two parts on vet and never passed them. MW2 on vet i found very easy, everything juct clicked and took less time then beating it on normal.

Black ops was all over the place from easy to wanting to put a foot into my TV. The game was truly broken, enemies taking entire clips to die, grenades not doing anything, being shot from impossible angles and dying before i could even click the stick to crouch.

But i'll say one thing. CoD is the only series where "lag" is cleary visible in singleplayer.

humm Halo 1 was the hardest jk = )

Goddbless said:
Lostplanet22 said:
mexmen92 said:

@yo_john117 thanks, I may give it a try later.

@Machina so COD 2 is one of the easiest ones? I quit the game on Hardened, and I can't imagine playing it on Veteran.

Yeah, COD compared to Halo that is an whole new level of difficult thx to the respawning enemies.  Halo LASO are the hardest though,  really hate those challenges in Halo Reach....Die and you have to restart the level, and no crosshair :s;.... 

You do know that you don't need to turn the blind skull on for LASO right?

One of my most prized achievements it completing COD2 on Veteran. It became an obsession after dying so much. As for The most difficult Halo I would have to go with Reach. In every other Halo it was a breeze in Co op, but Reach is like "Oh you brought some friends huh? Well we have plenty of ass whoop to go around!"

xD yes I have to explain that to my friends everytime theres a weekly or daily challenge involving playing the Reach campaign on legendary. They always insist it will be easier if we all go do it together...

Dallinor said:
Machina said:
mexmen92 said:
Machina said:

Call of Duty games are relatively easy on veteran imo. It just takes patience and a lot of crawling along the floor regenerating health. Halo solo legendary is damn hard, mainly because ammo is so scarce so you're forced to be more skilful.

Have you played Call of duty 2? That game is freakin hard. You get shot as soon as you're seen by the enemy, and some parts of the game are downright frustrating.

Back on topic, Halo 2 is the hardest one because of the sniping Jackals. Halo 3 is a close second to me due to the Flood levels (specially Cortana); I didn't even finished it on Legendary.

Yeah, I completed CoD 2, 3, 4, WaW and MW2 on veteran before I got bored of the franchise. In terms of difficulty I'd rank them:

3>>WaW>4>>2>>>>>MW2

World At War was an exercise in pure frustration. Easily the hardest COD on veteran I've played. The glitches and shoddy game design didn't help one bit.

Halo 2 on legendary was an absolute cakewalk in comparison. Especially on co-op.

Whilst I do agree WAW was almost unberably hard I still wouldn't call Halo 2 a cakewalk in comparison...especially in co-op!

Around the Network

I take my hat off to Halo but Dust 514 looks like the copy cat Halo killer.

WiseOwl said:
I take my hat off to Halo but Dust 514 looks like the copy cat Halo killer.

No such thing...not to mention its not even on the same platform so no chance.

Post above:

I already knew that it's not on the same platform, but it really do.

WiseOwl said:
Post above:

I already knew that it's not on the same platform, but it really do.

But unless it's on the same platform it is absolutely impossible for it to be a "Halo Killer"

yo_john117 said:
Dallinor said:
Machina said:
mexmen92 said:
Machina said:

Call of Duty games are relatively easy on veteran imo. It just takes patience and a lot of crawling along the floor regenerating health. Halo solo legendary is damn hard, mainly because ammo is so scarce so you're forced to be more skilful.

Have you played Call of duty 2? That game is freakin hard. You get shot as soon as you're seen by the enemy, and some parts of the game are downright frustrating.

Back on topic, Halo 2 is the hardest one because of the sniping Jackals. Halo 3 is a close second to me due to the Flood levels (specially Cortana); I didn't even finished it on Legendary.

Yeah, I completed CoD 2, 3, 4, WaW and MW2 on veteran before I got bored of the franchise. In terms of difficulty I'd rank them:

3>>WaW>4>>2>>>>>MW2

World At War was an exercise in pure frustration. Easily the hardest COD on veteran I've played. The glitches and shoddy game design didn't help one bit.

Halo 2 on legendary was an absolute cakewalk in comparison. Especially on co-op.

Whilst I do agree WAW was almost unberably hard I still wouldn't call Halo 2 a cakewalk in comparison...especially in co-op!

It's been a long time since I played it, but I think playing solo was harder?

I think if one player survived and was able to exit combat you could respawn the other player in co-op.

There's actually so many glitches in Halo 2- the flying boss in chair, you could corner him and beat him hundreds of times, but until you released him and triggered the next sequence, he wouldn't die. Also the end sequence, the very first time I played it I flew a banshee in, made it a lot easier.

Still a great experience, my favourite Halo. I must have beat it on Legendary maybe 20 times.

But I stand by what I said, there really is no comparison. Halo is a better built game, and more fair. WaW you can be killed by enemies spawning literally on top of you, grenades that can be lobbed from nearly a hundred feet away, and up to 5 landing at your feet at once, and enemies that can kill you with one shot from ridiculous angles, while the animation shows their gun facing the floor. You can play 15 minutes of slow tactical play, picking each enemy off, then go into one new room/area and you're instantly dead.

I remember one level, where you're in the trenches in Japan. I killed everyone in one area, which took a long time, but hadn't triggered the next checkpoint yet. So I spent a few minutes searching around for the last guy, nearly going all the way back to the start of the level. Then suddenly an enemy came running over a trench behind me and killed me in the space of a few seconds. I nearly stopped playing at that point. It was just so ridiculous, and unfair.