By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Which Halo is the Hardest?

Tagged games:

Which Halo is the hardest?

Halo 6 4.92%

Halo 2 50 40.98%

Halo 3 4 3.28%

Halo: ODST 5 4.10%

Halo: Reach 21 17.21%

They were all cakewalks! 13 10.66%

See results 23 18.85%

Total:122
mexmen92 said:
Machina said:

Call of Duty games are relatively easy on veteran imo. It just takes patience and a lot of crawling along the floor regenerating health. Halo solo legendary is damn hard, mainly because ammo is so scarce so you're forced to be more skilful.

Have you played Call of duty 2? That game is freakin hard. You get shot as soon as you're seen by the enemy, and some parts of the game are downright frustrating.

Back on topic, Halo 2 is the hardest one because of the sniping Jackals. Halo 3 is a close second to me due to the Flood levels (specially Cortana); I didn't even finished it on Legendary.

Dual weild the plasma guns (the one's that the Elites use) have a backup sword/shotgun, be patient and you should be able to get through it pretty easily.

Around the Network

@yo_john117 thanks, I may give it a try later.

@Machina so COD 2 is one of the easiest ones? I quit the game on Hardened, and I can't imagine playing it on Veteran.

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc

Now I don't feel so bad. H2 was the only one I didn't complete on Legendary. Happy to read some similar comments.

I think I died the most in ODST. You are so much weaker than a spartan especially after Halo 3...

mexmen92 said:

@Machina so COD 2 is one of the easiest ones? I quit the game on Hardened, and I can't imagine playing it on Veteran.

Yeah, COD compared to Halo that is an whole new level of difficult thx to the respawning enemies.  Halo LASO are the hardest though,  really hate those challenges in Halo Reach....Die and you have to restart the level, and no crosshair :s;.... 

Around the Network

Halo 2

ODST is the only one I haven't beaten on legendary(solo). I'll prolly fire it up this week and run through it again to get the achievments.

Halo 2 was on the PC, so I don't know if it was easier or not.

I have never played Halo 2, but now I really want to play it. But I thought Halo 3 was hard to beat.

Lostplanet22 said:
mexmen92 said:

Yeah, COD compared to Halo that is an whole new level of difficult thx to the respawning enemies.  Halo LASO are the hardest though,  really hate those challenges in Halo Reach....Die and you have to restart the level, and no crosshair :s;.... 

You do know that you don't need to turn the blind skull on for LASO right?

One of my most prized achievements it completing COD2 on Veteran. It became an obsession after dying so much. As for The most difficult Halo I would have to go with Reach. In every other Halo it was a breeze in Co op, but Reach is like "Oh you brought some friends huh? Well we have plenty of ass whoop to go around!"

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Machina said:
mexmen92 said:
Machina said:

Call of Duty games are relatively easy on veteran imo. It just takes patience and a lot of crawling along the floor regenerating health. Halo solo legendary is damn hard, mainly because ammo is so scarce so you're forced to be more skilful.

Have you played Call of duty 2? That game is freakin hard. You get shot as soon as you're seen by the enemy, and some parts of the game are downright frustrating.

Back on topic, Halo 2 is the hardest one because of the sniping Jackals. Halo 3 is a close second to me due to the Flood levels (specially Cortana); I didn't even finished it on Legendary.

Yeah, I completed CoD 2, 3, 4, WaW and MW2 on veteran before I got bored of the franchise. In terms of difficulty I'd rank them:

3>>WaW>4>>2>>>>>MW2

World At War was an exercise in pure frustration. Easily the hardest COD on veteran I've played. The glitches and shoddy game design didn't help one bit.

Halo 2 on legendary was an absolute cakewalk in comparison. Especially on co-op.