By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 best year? 6th year? FINAL UPDATE

Can 360 have its peak year in its 6th year?

Yep, easily. 246 34.84%

Nope, not a chance. 209 29.60%

Close, and it will just do it. 132 18.70%

Close, but it will just miss. 119 16.86%

Total:706

Great job on the prediction and looking forward to another possible peak year.

This gen never fails to impress.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

2012 has all the ingredients for its 7TH year to be 360s peak

-Guaranteed price cut (earlier the better)
- Halo 4
- Halo 4 Marketing Blitz :P
- Kinect $99 ?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
2012 has all the ingredients for its 7TH year to be 360s peak

-Guaranteed price cut (earlier the better)
- Halo 4
- Halo 4 Marketing Blitz :P
- Kinect $99 ?

isnt kinect already $99???

Yay!!!

What the hell is "OP" ?

hmm as of now its just slightly ahead 13,430,741

Play Me

Around the Network

both sony and MS had 2.5M in the channels at one point and over 2M multiple times

Play Me

theres no tune i just wanted to provided some past VGC evidence that could show possibilities for the current shipment gap since as you said noone knows what is going on

going by the older VGC numbers during late nov and dec and that NPD showed growth every month prior to the holidays it be hard for any unbiased user to say that 360 doesnt have a chance in winning 2011 or having its peak year by a large margin, you cant sit there and tell me that you werent surprised that NPD showed less than 2M in Dec (meaning that its total Dec sales will be lower than original shown here on VG) can you?

Play Me

BHR-3 said:

Well, considering we are still ~436K above NPD for Dec (I know it doesn't have to be exact, but over 400K is quite a bit still) and we had 360 overtracked in France, it will most likely be down YOY when all is said and done.  However, 2011 was 360's 6th year (a time we usually already have new consoles) and it won't be down by millions (like the Wii), probably not even a million.  So if I were a 360 fan, there is no reason not to be damn proud of the system.

i dont believe VGC will adjust 360 down in US any more, are past NPDvsVGC for all 3 consoles arent always the same or near the same and by what posters are saying on these forums 360 will probably go slightly up else where

when i said slightly i didnt indented it to mean ( ha ha its not going to be up) b/c my post earlier in this thread has me agreeing with the title, i just didnt know a choice of wording could get poster to be defensive

Play Me

thismeintiel said:
BHR-3 said:

Well, considering we are still ~436K above NPD for Dec (I know it doesn't have to be exact, but over 400K is quite a bit still) and we had 360 overtracked in France, it will most likely be down YOY when all is said and done.  However, 2011 was 360's 6th year (a time we usually already have new consoles) and it won't be down by millions (like the Wii), probably not even a million.  So if I were a 360 fan, there is no reason not to be damn proud of the system.

for 2011, npd has Xbox 360 at 7.3mil and vgcharts has it at 7.47mil. I'm not going to take the time to find out what months were significantly different. But the difference between the two is 170k or less then 3% which I'm almost positive is within the margin of error in npd data.