By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why even bother banning people?

Joeykanga said:
@Sri Lumpa: It was funny when Ben banned himself, when he told us what happened I almost died from laughter.

First post of 2008 - and ROFTL ... do you have this thread? I soooooo wanna see it!

Around the Network

I would like to chime in and say that I would like to see temp bans still allow the person to log in and PM mods only. Having people create new accounts to do this is silly and gives an excuse to post anyways. Basically all site functions except for mod PM'ing would be disabled.

Perma-Ban should just be gone for good though, usually a perma-ban is clear cut and no conversation is needed.

Just my $0.02

To Each Man, Responsibility

wasnt sqrl banned?

mM

People build up a reputation. I suspect most want to avoid being banned, especially if they have been here awhile and have a lot of posts. Even though it's a little too easy to get around, I think most people try to be a little more careful with their alias, and/or after their ban expires...

(Although, a few of the posts I've seen, I wonder if people are trying just to see how quickly they can get banned! LOL)

RolStoppable said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
i find its almost impossible to get banned on this site unless you really try.
ive only been banned once and that was when my account got hacked and they used it to post "i'm gay" in every god damn thread.

I have never tried, but I have been banned already twice on this site. Austrians get banned quickly here, that's why there are only so few of them on VGChartz.

I wonder why that is? o.0

Around the Network

@RolStoppable,

Amen to that.

I've never been banned from anywhere. Maybe I'm just too nice...

@phalanx

It could be no body notices you..

On topic:

Ive been banned 12 times.

mM

I got banned awhile back because my 16 year old brother uses my account and is less mature about his dislike for the 360... they banned him for trolling... would have been nice to been about to at least log in and pm someone and explain what happened.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
I got banned awhile back because my 16 year old brother uses my account and is less mature about his dislike for the 360... they banned him for trolling... would have been nice to been about to at least log in and pm someone and explain what happened.

Use A Unique Password.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.