By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why even bother banning people?

PoppedHerCherry's Sig:

I've been banned 4 times.

Each time it happens I create a new account. 3 bans for trolling/flamebait, 1 for being an "insensitive bastard".

Previous Accounts: rickytan, HongKongFuey^2, Muffdiver11, TurdFergusonMcgee

Will probably get banned for stating the above ^ (then I'll create another account!)

--- 

What's the point of banning people when it takes three seconds to create a new account?

I suspect most of these people do not advertise their prevous bannings quite so openly.

Also, how come the ability to search through the forums was removed?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

lol you've got a good point

I would NEVER EVER open up another account if I was banned!

^
I would

Well it works eventually. At least Hus stopped trying to come back. I think.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

i was the one who banned both his last accounts, even though TurdFergusonMcgee only has a 3 day ban.. cant he just wait 3 days.. geez..

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Banning accounts is retarded, unless what they post is so offensive all posters should be left alone. Also from what i have seen ioi and the other mods don't care if you came back aslong as you don't do stupid things. This is why i have the Griffin account and not some other accout.

Griffin said:
Banning accounts is retarded, unless what they post is so offensive all posters should be left alone.

That's why they get banned, genius.

I guess I was wrong about Hus.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Griffin said:
Banning accounts is retarded, unless what they post is so offensive all posters should be left alone.

That's why they get banned, genius.

I guess I was wrong about Hus.

I'm not Hus if thats what you are trying to say, but Hus was a great guy.

I had a 3 day ban but was unbanned after only 18 hours by a mysterious Mod, the Mod in question locked my ArtofSoriku account and left a message saying to go and use my normal account now, thankyou whoever that was :D