By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why even bother banning people?

ClaudeLv250 said:
Griffin said:
Banning accounts is retarded, unless what they post is so offensive all posters should be left alone.

That's why they get banned, genius.

I guess I was wrong about Hus.

hmm.. was Hus GT... or no? if not the griffen was GT and isnt hus then he is fine.if he is then why the heck did he make 100 accoutns and attack the site. Id like to know which you are Grif. No mod will beban you.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
I had a 3 day ban but was unbanned after only 18 hours by a mysterious Mod, the Mod in question locked my ArtofSoriku account and left a message saying to go and use my normal account now, thankyou whoever that was :D

na the ban system is weird, it might say 3 day but you ban someone 5 minutes before the next day and the 5minutes counts as a day. You other account was banned due to this account being unbanned by time. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Banning is kind of pointless, since as you said, it takes like 1 minute to make a new account.

ssj12 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Griffin said:
Banning accounts is retarded, unless what they post is so offensive all posters should be left alone.

That's why they get banned, genius.

I guess I was wrong about Hus.

hmm.. was Hus GT... or no? if not the griffen was GT and isnt hus then he is fine.if he is then why the heck did he make 100 accoutns and attack the site. Id like to know which you are Grif. No mod will beban you.

I'm not Hus but the GT accounct may have been mine, i have never had 100 accounts but i have had my fair share, i have also talked with ioi and he is a pretty good guy and knows my history regarding other accounts and stuff like that.

No ssj12, a 3 day ban doesn't equal 18 hours even with the time delay, I know it was unbanned because naznatipz told me that someone got to it before he did because he was going to unban it for me anyway.

Plus the person who unbanned me banned ArtofSoriku and said reason of ban was because my other one is now unbanned.

Around the Network

Terd Furguson, ha, funny name.

YEr i don't get it either. I haven't seen one offensive posts.

We should make a shame thread so we knwo what was said. Cause i went away for like 4hours and 5 people already banned for what lol. I never manage to see the bad stuff :(

I guess banning does deter most people, but you still get ones that hang around regardless. Why you'd want to stick around in a community that obviously doesn't want you is anybody's guess..

What we need to do is make it so that banning somebody involves sending somebody around to their house with a baseball bat and destroying their computer. =P

There are other ways of protecting the forum from spammers but they make the forum less accessible. One way is to make several of the forums unpostable for anyone with less than 50 posts, probably the console specific forums.
Another is to make the creation of an account more difficult and timely, possibly involving a wait of a few hours after an account is created for it to be used.

But really I can't understand the mindset of people who just keep coming back and spamming and flaming and trolling. Are their lives really that sad and desperate that they have nothing better to do than make themselves look like morons online?

Ron Paul was banned from a Fox News Forum in New Hampshire 2 days before the NH GOP Primary :(

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com