By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Racism In Gaming Is Not Cool (-_-) (Updated)

Will Racism ever die down in online gaming??

Yes things will get alot better by next gen. 1 1.27%

(Yes) More than likely th... 4 5.06%

No it will be the same right now. 29 36.71%

No it will get worse as we enter next gen. 25 31.65%

I dont know... 11 13.92%

See results... 9 11.39%

Total:79

Hey EveryBody.  :)

So i was over my best friends house today chilling and playing alot of 360 games (Most were exclusives). Since i currently dont own a 360, One of the games i played was left 4 Dead. I also brought my PS3 since he does not own one.  :)

So while he was playing my PS3 in another room, I was playing his 360 in the Living room. Everything was good unitl i got into a lobby of some random people on L4D. For those of yall who never played L4D before, 1 of the 4 characters you can choose from is black

Because one of the characters is black that i chose, I frequently was experiencing comments like 'haha why do you want to play as the N*****?!' and ' Let's get the N***** first, die N*****! LOL' (note the lol on the end, like it's funny).

I really did not care at first so i just continued playing not replying back. But after a while it got really really annoying. So right before we finished the level i immediately turned of the xbox just for the simple fact that the people i was playing with were annoying racist morons, And judging by there accent i would say they were either British or Irish.

I never really experinced this level of racism when i played online games on my PS3 or my PC, So i dont know if its just XBL or that i just ran into some bad people in it.

Anyways, Do yall think this type of racist behavior will ever go away or atleast die down a little as time moves foward??

It would really be a shame if we go into next gen with people still acting like this online..  :(

Around the Network

>xbox

Found your problem

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
>xbox

Found your problem

Indeed. This never happens on PSN. No one has a mic.

I think you're coming up with ideas just to make threads now ...

Im British and married to an american, I often say raciest things just cos americans seem to get so offended by them. I say it about anyone and anything just to get a reaction from her. Its funny, I think British people dont make such a big deal about it and its not such an issue. Im sure there not really racist people they just wanted a reaction from you.

Around the Network
Seece said:

I am really getting tired of your crying and moaning. If you dont like my threads and keep thinking they are not legit, Then why do you post in comment on them all the time???

I think you are just mad cause you know imma take 5th place from you...

viewtiful_jon said:
Im British and married to an american, I often say raciest things just cos americans seem to get so offended by them. I say it about anyone and anything just to get a reaction from her. Its funny, I think British people dont make such a big deal about it and its not such an issue. Im sure there not really racist people they just wanted a reaction from you.

The amount of ignorance in this post dumbfounds me. Racism isnt about British or American. You call a black person a Ni**er I dont give a shit what country they are from its gonna piss them off. I run into this stuff all the time at work, ppl who dont understand it or are ignorant to racism just randomly blurting out ni**er in not so funny jokes or just as a way to reference someone who is black. Of course them thinking because i'm white its "ok". not realizing my daughter is bi-racial and is half black.  Its not "cool" to be racist for the hell of it, or on the internet cause there is no consequences. If you wouldnt say the shit to that persons face then dont do it online. /endrant

ThePS3News said:
Seece said:

I am really getting tired of your crying and moaning. If you dont like my threads and keep thinking they are not legit, Then why do you post in comment on them all the time???

I think you are just mad cause you know imma take 5th place from you...

Actually this is first thread I've commented in, not to mention I'm not competing in GamrRewards, I don't want any of the prizes, and even if I did, prizes 5 and 6 are the same 0_o, and even then, I havn't even started to do gameDB work this month yet, so yeah you will be 6th.

You're just making excuse for threads, also looks like a subtle dig at the Xbox in the OP.

docholliday said:
viewtiful_jon said:

The amount of ignorance in this post dumbfounds me. Racism isnt about British or American. You call a black person a Ni**er I dont give a shit what country they are from its gonna piss them off. I run into this stuff all the time at work, ppl who dont understand it or are ignorant to racism just randomly blurting out ni**er in not so funny jokes or just as a way to reference someone who is black. Of course them thinking because i'm white its "ok". not realizing my daughter is bi-racial and is half black.  Its not "cool" to be racist for the hell of it, or on the internet cause there is no consequences. If you wouldnt say the shit to that persons face then dont do it online. /endrant

*Faceplam*

Judging on your comment you must not have read or understood my thread correctly. Racism has nothing to due with Americans or British people. I simply said that the people who were saying the racist slurs sounded British/Irish.

Please dont mislead people on my thread about what i experniced.

Well there are stupid people everywhere.