By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Racism In Gaming Is Not Cool (-_-) (Updated)

Will Racism ever die down in online gaming??

Yes things will get alot better by next gen. 1 1.27%

(Yes) More than likely th... 4 5.06%

No it will be the same right now. 29 36.71%

No it will get worse as we enter next gen. 25 31.65%

I dont know... 11 13.92%

See results... 9 11.39%

Total:79

In my over 200 hours of playing Monster Hunter 3 online, I can honestly say that I have never seen or experienced any racism. I haven't played online as much in my other games, but I haven't seen any in those games either.

Around the Network

For the ppl saying black ppl call eachother nigger....have you ever even met a freaking black person? Do you even understand rap/hip-hop or urban slang to make that judgement? Black ppl as a whole have taken a word that degraded them and taken ownership of it, And they call eachother "nigga" not "er", if you dont understand the difference then you shouldnt even be discussing the topic. Its just another excuse for basically white racists to think its ok to use the word. And comparing it to "fag", incase you havent noticed that shit doesnt exactly fly with gays either. Get educated about discrimmination ppl before you speak about it.

badgenome said:
leatherhat said:
>xbox

Found your problem

Indeed. This never happens on PSN. No one has a mic.

I considered warning leatherhat for his comment (I assume it's a joke, but people getting pissy and generally annoying me) but then I'd have to warn you too and that was just too funny so I'll just leave this at please stay on subject. 

docholliday said:
For the ppl saying black ppl call eachother nigger....have you ever even met a freaking black person? Do you even understand rap/hip-hop or urban slang to make that judgement? Black ppl as a whole have taken a word that degraded them and taken ownership of it, And they call eachother "nigga" not "er", if you dont understand the difference then you shouldnt even be discussing the topic. Its just another excuse for basically white racists to think its ok to use the word. And comparing it to "fag", incase you havent noticed that shit doesnt exactly fly with gays either. Get educated about discrimmination ppl before you speak about it.

you cant "take ownership" of a word and say youve changed its  meaning and then complain about other people saying it.   logically...since it doesnt mean what they believe it means then it would be like walking up to someone and calling them a cloud.  

anyone who calls someone else a nigger or a variation of it is a fucking piece of shit regardless of their colour or whatever garbage music they listen to or however they decide to butcher the english language.  its just another excuse for black racists to continue to act victims and affirm their own racist attitude.

its absolutely sickening seeing some buffoon defend the use of the word, cast insults about and say that everyone else is uneducated.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Seece said:
ThePS3News said:
Seece said:
I think you're coming up with ideas just to make threads now ...

I am really getting tired of your crying and moaning. If you dont like my threads and keep thinking they are not legit, Then why do you post in comment on them all the time???

I think you are just mad cause you know imma take 5th place from you...

Actually this is first thread I've commented in, not to mention I'm not competing in GamrRewards, I don't want any of the prizes, and even if I did, prizes 5 and 6 are the same 0_o, and even then, I havn't even started to do gameDB work this month yet, so yeah you will be 6th.

You're just making excuse for threads, also looks like a subtle dig at the Xbox in the OP.

I was thrid once ahead of both you guys lol. But now I'm 10. Jay520 took my place arhhhhhhh!

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
docholliday said:

you cant "take ownership of a word" and say youve changed its  meaning and then complain about other people saying it.   logically...since it doesnt mean what they believe it means then it would be like walking up to someone and calling it them a cloud.

anyone who calls someone else a nigger or a variation of it is a fucking piece of shit regardless of their colour or whatever garbage music they listen to or however they decide to butcher the english language.  its just another excuse for black racists to continue to act victims and affirm their own racist attitude.

Once again, it is not the same word. The arguement being made to rationlize it being ok to use the word "nigger" was that black ppl use that word to refer to eachother. When infact the word is "nigga", it doesnt matter if its similiar its still a different word. And once again, if you dont understand that then you dont really get it to begin with. It has nothing to do with black racists acting as "victims" or affirming a racist attitude. And words have changed meaning many a times and have taken different meaning amongst cultures and groups. 'Gay" being one of them that easiest to make an example of.

Im amazed that the growing sentiment in this thread has become "black ppl deserve to be called that". IMO it seems there alot of undercover racial bias amongst many of the ppl responded here. I encourage everyone to actually learn about the different cultures and ethnicity before making some of these blanket statements that really dont apply. There are more to ppl than stereotypes....

if its a problem just set your chat up to not listen to strangers. I have never had any kind of problem on live but I only chat with people in my party.

Racism isn't a 360 exclusive title, I often get it on psn as well, even on Home. I had one woman accuse me of being a rapist because she saw my avatar was a black dude and was convinced I was going to try to rape her because that was the "norm" for black folks in Norway ¬_¬

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I'm a black guy and I don't play online with strangers not just because of the racist comments but because of the constant immature comments and behavior. Online play is great, but when people are not in front of other people they tend to act like they can spout anything especialy if it's offensive "just to get a reaction". To me this is stupid and useless. Being online with other people IS being in public, but they wouldn't do or say half of what they do online if they were in a real public area of fear of the consequences.

As for the word "nigger", I don't call my black friends nigger/nigga nor do I want them to call me that way. Of course it's a color in italian and in spanish (negro) but with time it became a pejorative word towards black people everybody knows that. I don't pay attention to those who use the word or try to get my attention as I believe that the less attention you give to something the less relevant it becomes.

Racism is everywhere where people in the majority need to accept different people. Go to an all black area and see how some of them talk about white people and vice versa. Same thing happens with asians, chinese agains't phillipinos, japanese agains't chinese/koreans. The same happens in South America brazilians agains't people from Chile... and so on and so on.

A latino friend of mine used to say: "In the future I will eradicate all racism, how? I will get all women in the world pregnant so in a generation or two everyone will be a latino!"

yeah man.

Ajescent said:
Racism isn't a 360 exclusive title, I often get it on psn as well, even on Home. I had one woman accuse me of being a rapist because she saw my avatar was a black dude and was convinced I was going to try to rape her because that was the "norm" for black folks in Norway ¬_¬

I don't know if she was lumping muslims and black in together but if she was... 

http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/02/muslim-rape-epidemic-in-sweden-and.html

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype