By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Racism In Gaming Is Not Cool (-_-) (Updated)

Will Racism ever die down in online gaming??

Yes things will get alot better by next gen. 1 1.27%

(Yes) More than likely th... 4 5.06%

No it will be the same right now. 29 36.71%

No it will get worse as we enter next gen. 25 31.65%

I dont know... 11 13.92%

See results... 9 11.39%

Total:79
ShadowSoldier said:
I'm black and I use the word nigga. A professor of mine even said that it's almost Poetic Justice that, black people were able to take that very word that caused so much harm and injustice and discomfort, into a word of endearment and love for one another, while making white people uncomfortable when it's used around them at the same time.

And that is the perfect example of racism thowards white people... your professor finds it justice to make white people feel uncomfortable, because in the past, ancestors of theirs were slavers....

your professor might not know that white people were themselves basically slaves to their lords in feodal times, or even in roman times when concquered populations became slaves (so europe), nor that the portion of white people to have been slavers was relatively small. Nor does he probably know that black people were most often "bought" in africa as slaves.... from their black kings, and not hunted down as cattle (why fight when you can give glowing gems (glass) instead?). That's a wise professor you have, you should follow all he says.

want a similar Justice? Humanity began in africa, the law was the strongest survives, weaker populations had to travel for food or be extinct... by extrapolation, every population on earth have a justified reason to hate africans because ancestor of theirs were maltreated by ancestors of the others.... That's as much legitimacy as there is in all this. (only the incas can not be hated as they are the furthest away :p)

(note I don't have any problem with the word nigga, i just got irked by your professor's comment)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
ThePS3News said:

So while he was playing my PS3 in another room, I was playing his 360 in the Living room.

Seriously? You go to your friend's house to sit in different rooms and play on different systems?! That is one lame hang-out! Like my girlfriend's little brother, he gets his friends over and they all bring a laptop and play WOW and dont really talk to each other. These kids are our future and it is terrifying. Can you imagine in the future, the president of the US and the prime minister of the UK, sitting next to each other to discuss serious world issues, but instead of talking they are on their respective phones texting each other?! THIS IS WHERE WE ARE HEADED!

Go talk to each other man! Or play a co-op game on one system! Interact with one another for the love of all that is mighty!!!